Proper use of Glycophase & GDAs

avega17

Awards
  • Established
I have a bottle of Glycophase that I haven't opened up. I'm bulking right now, and I have heard that it is best saved for a cut. Just looking for some clarification and specifics on how to use it and similar products.

Thanks.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think you would probably be better served using it in a cut, as you mentioned. Gymnema can effectively block some carbs from being absorbed in the gut. That wouldn't be very good during a bulk.

When you do use it, I would suggest doing it before a very high carb meal, or preworkout. Post workout there is no need for a GDA, as insulin sensitivity is higher anyway.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think you would probably be better served using it in a cut, as you mentioned. Gymnema can effectively block some carbs from being absorbed in the gut. That wouldn't be very good during a bulk.

When you do use it, I would suggest doing it before a very high carb meal, or preworkout. Post workout there is no need for a GDA, as insulin sensitivity is higher anyway.
Pretty much what he said. Glycophase is a GDA geared more for cutting, or you can use it to help control damage during ridiculous cheats.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I have a bottle of Glycophase that I haven't opened up. I'm bulking right now, and I have heard that it is best saved for a cut. Just looking for some clarification and specifics on how to use it and similar products. Thanks.
Although it can be beneficial in any scenario, I'd save it for the cut. One of its primary MOA's is carb absorption blocking, which of course isn't the most optimal thing in a time of caloric surplus.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think you would probably be better served using it in a cut, as you mentioned. Gymnema can effectively block some carbs from being absorbed in the gut. That wouldn't be very good during a bulk. When you do use it, I would suggest doing it before a very high carb meal, or preworkout. Post workout there is no need for a GDA, as insulin sensitivity is higher anyway.
all these are dependant on carbohydrate source

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I have a bottle of Glycophase that I haven't opened up. I'm bulking right now, and I have heard that it is best saved for a cut. Just looking for some clarification and specifics on how to use it and similar products.

Thanks.
People ITT have you covered. Id save it for a cut and pre high carb meal

Nyrin

Awards
My favorite use is 15m prior to my pre-workout bowl of proats (~50g carbs); produces a noticeable increase in muscle fullness and endurance for me. Taken most any other time, it seems to contribute to GI issues. Likely a factor of where your carbs are coming from, like EBF said.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Splurged today for lunch, had Chipotle burrito, coke, and chips. Really wish i had some Glycophase lol.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Splurged today for lunch, had Chipotle burrito, coke, and chips. Really wish i had some Glycophase lol.
Chipotle isn't splurging lol

Akagami

Awards
If you want to improve your fat/muscle ratio during a bulk grab some forskolin. That stuff is for real.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I have a bottle of Glycophase that I haven't opened up. I'm bulking right now, and I have heard that it is best saved for a cut. Just looking for some clarification and specifics on how to use it and similar products. Thanks.
honestly I like glycophase just as much if not more on a bulk... The reason is that I'm eating way more carbs and it helps me not bloat so much. I highly recommend trying it out in both scenarios and see what you like/need.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
honestly I like glycophase just as much if not more on a bulk... The reason is that I'm eating way more carbs and it helps me not bloat so much. I highly recommend trying it out in both scenarios and see what you like/need.
I agree. I can eat 500/gr carbs while bulking and being natty and not feel like the Michelin man.

It helps keep blood sugar levels more stable and helps insulin sensitivity. Building muscle and staying lean relies heavily around insulin resistance/sensitivity. When you have a higher carb instake, over time, you lose sensitivity to insulin and why guys start to look "soft" the use of Glycophase on a bulk can help prolong insulin sensitivity and allow for higher carb/calorie intake.

jp_x_type

jp_x_type

Awards
  • Established
was just wondering whether tking gda products containing carb blocking ingredients like gymnema, african mango, hca and the like could lead to gi issues if taken at the same time as digestive enzymes before meals.

would it make more sense / prevent these issues to take the gdas say 30-60 minutes pre-food and the enzymes at the start or during meals?
also, do gda products need a certain amount of minimum carbs to work correctly wirthout leading to sides? apart from the obvious hypoglycemic sides from combining them with low carbs, could they actually be leading to sides in some because they need to be combined with a set minimum amount of carbs? looking for personal experiences / knowledge from you guys...

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
was just wondering whether tking gda products containing carb blocking ingredients like gymnema, african mango, hca and the like could lead to gi issues if taken at the same time as digestive enzymes before meals. would it make more sense / prevent these issues to take the gdas say 30-60 minutes pre-food and the enzymes at the start or during meals? also, do gda products need a certain amount of minimum carbs to work correctly wirthout leading to sides? apart from the obvious hypoglycemic sides from combining them with low carbs, could they actually be leading to sides in some because they need to be combined with a set minimum amount of carbs? looking for personal experiences / knowledge from you guys...
depends on the enzymes your taking

Just do GDa pre meal and b complex with mea (2 largest)

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Haha sounds tastey

sinewave3

sinewave3

Awards
  • Established
was just wondering whether tking gda products containing carb blocking ingredients like gymnema, african mango, hca and the like could lead to gi issues if taken at the same time as digestive enzymes before meals.

would it make more sense / prevent these issues to take the gdas say 30-60 minutes pre-food and the enzymes at the start or during meals?
also, do gda products need a certain amount of minimum carbs to work correctly wirthout leading to sides? apart from the obvious hypoglycemic sides from combining them with low carbs, could they actually be leading to sides in some because they need to be combined with a set minimum amount of carbs? looking for personal experiences / knowledge from you guys...
I like my GDA 30 mins before a meal. If taking basic enzymes during or after a meal that has never been a problem for me.

As for how many carbs you need, it is all individual. Have you actually ever gone hypoglycemic? Do you know how it feels? I have (not from sups) and for most people it is not an issue unless they have a pre-existing condition. If it does happen, recognize the signs, and eat some carbs - no big deal.

jp_x_type

jp_x_type

Awards
  • Established
thanks guys. i take a good amount of pancreatin and digestive enzymes because of a digestive condition i have. i of course know how being hypoglycemic feels but i guess what i want to find here is the delicate balance between using gdas to make the best use of carbs during a cut and obtaining the muscle fullness/pumps we all love. i was referring more to the muscle fullness/pump aspect i guess, not hypoglycemia per se. it's a very delicate balance...

with regards to the enzymes, i was thinking they'd be counter productive when taken with gdas as one has carb and nutrient digesting properties whereas the other blocks their digestion, which could lead to gi issues (this is what i'm wondering about). of course digestive enzymes are present naturally too in the body. im worried about the digestive blocking part of the gdas apart from the delicate balance required to achieve muscle fullness.

avega17

Awards
  • Established
I agree. I can eat 500/gr carbs while bulking and being natty and not feel like the Michelin man.

It helps keep blood sugar levels more stable and helps insulin sensitivity. Building muscle and staying lean relies heavily around insulin resistance/sensitivity. When you have a higher carb instake, over time, you lose sensitivity to insulin and why guys start to look "soft" the use of Glycophase on a bulk can help prolong insulin sensitivity and allow for higher carb/calorie intake.
I'm at 500 grams of CHO and ~4500 cal/day right now. When would you use it in my scenario?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I'm at 500 grams of CHO and ~4500 cal/day right now. When would you use it in my scenario?
what does a typical day of meals look like (including when you trAin?

avega17

Awards
  • Established
what does a typical day of meals look like (including when you trAin?
- breakfast upon waking: ~1200 cal / 100g CHO
- train about 2-3 hours later with 25g intra CHO
- post workout: ~1200 cal / 150-200g CHO
- dinner: ~ 800 cal / ~ 75g CHO
- pre-bed: ~1000 cal / ~ 100g CHO

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
- breakfast upon waking: ~1200 cal / 100g CHO - train about 2-3 hours later with 25g intra CHO - post workout: ~1200 cal / 150-200g CHO - dinner: ~ 800 cal / ~ 75g CHO - pre-bed: ~1000 cal / ~ 100g CHO
Dose prior to breakfast, dinner, and pre-bed meals.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
thanks guys. i take a good amount of pancreatin and digestive enzymes because of a digestive condition i have. i of course know how being hypoglycemic feels but i guess what i want to find here is the delicate balance between using gdas to make the best use of carbs during a cut and obtaining the muscle fullness/pumps we all love. i was referring more to the muscle fullness/pump aspect i guess, not hypoglycemia per se. it's a very delicate balance... with regards to the enzymes, i was thinking they'd be counter productive when taken with gdas as one has carb and nutrient digesting properties whereas the other blocks their digestion, which could lead to gi issues (this is what i'm wondering about). of course digestive enzymes are present naturally too in the body. im worried about the digestive blocking part of the gdas apart from the delicate balance required to achieve muscle fullness.
more then likely a GDA won't crash your sugars

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Dose prior to breakfast, dinner, and pre-bed meals.
this is spot on. Pre workout meal and ore bed will def be your best friends with this scheme.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
What should I expect from pre-breakfast and pre-bed dosing?
the breakfast dose is also pre workout so I would expect increased pumps during that as wel as prob lot feeling bloated or full during.

The pre bed will help with the fullness as well and also help to get your blood sugar back down after the meal so you can burn some fat overnight.

avega17

Awards
  • Established
the breakfast dose is also pre workout so I would expect increased pumps during that as wel as prob lot feeling bloated or full during.

The pre bed will help with the fullness as well and also help to get your blood sugar back down after the meal so you can burn some fat overnight.
Alright, I'll consider this, but I'll probably just save it seeing is that I'm gonna start cutting in about 3 months.

Thanks.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Alright, I'll consider this, but I'll probably just save it seeing is that I'm gonna start cutting in about 3 months.

Thanks.
Controlling blood sugar is key to keeping your insulin sensitivty high... might really want to consider keeping it in there for that reason alone. It'll save you some cutting later ;)

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
all these are dependant on carbohydrate source
I was looking into posts about Gymnema and noticed in several threads you mentioned that action of Gymnema on carbohydrate uptake inhibition depends on carb type.
Could you clarify this please?
My understanding is that Gymnema block (to some extend) absorption of glucose in the intestine. in this case it should block the absorption all glucose polymers (starch, trehalose, maltose, etc..) since they all will be hydrolyzed in glucose before absorption. So what carbohydrate source are your referring to? Fructose?

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
never took glycophase yet, but i did take recompadrol during my recent recomp phase and it was a very good tool for me. It allowed me to eat more carbs and still lean out. Thanks to RecompMan for the formula and the advice. I take preworkout and one meal after my post workout.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was looking into posts about Gymnema and noticed in several threads you mentioned that action of Gymnema on carbohydrate uptake inhibition depends on carb type. Could you clarify this please? My understanding is that Gymnema block (to some extend) absorption of glucose in the intestine. in this case it should block the absorption all glucose polymers (starch, trehalose, maltose, etc..) since they all will be hydrolyzed in glucose before absorption. So what carbohydrate source are your referring to? Fructose?
any carbohydrate that's more then a mono saccharide it'll block

So mainly anything other then the fructose /glucose it will

However, I have not noticed any issues with the high molecular weight carbs tho

However I don't use them with recompadrol I used them with strict mimickers not ones with dual action

avega17

Awards
  • Established
So I've been on Glycophase for about a week now. I feel bloated all day. I have been dosing with a preworkout meal (breakfast) and with my pre-bed meal. Don't notice a GDA effect as with other things I have experienced, such as ABE, agmatine, and Na-R-ALA. Could this bloat be attributed to Glycophase and its inhibition of certain CHO uptake? There has been no change in diet since starting this up.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
So I've been on Glycophase for about a week now. I feel bloated all day. I have been dosing with a preworkout meal (breakfast) and with my pre-bed meal. Don't notice a GDA effect as with other things I have experienced, such as ABE, agmatine, and Na-R-ALA. Could this bloat be attributed to Glycophase and its inhibition of certain CHO uptake? There has been no change in diet since starting this up.
Im am honestly not too sure on this one. It does inhibit CHO uptake to some extent but not sure on the bloating aspect

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Try dosing prior to a meal with no carbohydrates and see what you notice.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
All my meals contain carbs, but I'll see what I can do.
I'm sure you could remove carbs from one meal and be fine.

If anything, adjust the carb intake per meal and see what you notice. If you continue to feel bloated, simply stop using Glycophase.

avega17

Awards
  • Established
I'm sure you could remove carbs from one meal and be fine.

If anything, adjust the carb intake per meal and see what you notice. If you continue to feel bloated, simply stop using Glycophase.
Yea I already stopped, but I'll dose it tonight without carbs and report back.

avega17

Awards
  • Established
kbayne Didn't really notice anything at all really. I dosed with a protein and fat meal before bed.

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Seems odd to me, not something I've experienced at all, but I only really use it on a cut, and I don't cut all that often.

What sort of other bloating symptoms you having? Cramps? Gas? Just bloating/fullness?

You say no diet change, do you mean macros or do you follow a more specific meal plan?

avega17

Awards
  • Established
Seems odd to me, not something I've experienced at all, but I only really use it on a cut, and I don't cut all that often.

What sort of other bloating symptoms you having? Cramps? Gas? Just bloating/fullness?

You say no diet change, do you mean macros or do you follow a more specific meal plan?
Just stomach bloat. Macros are consistent every day, meals as well, except one meal that varies, but is always about the same macros wise. I'm on a slow cut as well.

avega17

Awards
  • Established
I just realized that I was dosing with 25mg of F95, and I know there is an interaction. What happens when taking both?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I just realized that I was dosing with 25mg of F95, and I know there is an interaction. What happens when taking both?
F95 by itself can cause gi stress

avega17

Awards
  • Established
Proper use of Glycophase & GDAs

F95 by itself can cause gi stress
I've been on F95 for 12-14 weeks now, and I just recently added Glycophase last week when I noticed the bloating. No problems prior.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I've been on F95 for 12-14 weeks now, and I just recently added Glycophase last week when I noticed the bloating. No problems prior.
Oh interesting. Sorry man, i'm really not too sure. Maybe take it out if its causing an issue

avega17

Awards
  • Established
Any information on the berberine and forskolin interaction?

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established