Oxygen

SoupNaziNazi

Awards
Hoping for someone with a good knowledge of the body can answer this question for me. Completely arbitrary numbers but let's say you could increase the oxygen in ur body by 25% and increase ur blood cell count, kinda like doping I guess? Would this be good for a strength/power athlete? I imagine the more oxygen the better but just curious

PharmAnalyst

PharmAnalyst

Awards
  • Established
Blood doping has been around in various forms for quite some time and its fairly dangerous. However, training at higher altitudes and allowing your body to acclimate naturally then returning to a low altitude would be one way of increasing RBC count/hemoglobin ( oxygen capacity) in a relatively safe manner. I think it would benefit endurance athletes the most.

Last edited:
Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
Blood doping has been around in various forms for quite some time and its fairly dangerous. However, training at higher altitudes and allowing your body to acclimate naturally then returning to a low altitude would be one way of increasing RBC count/hemoglobin ( oxygen capacity) in a relatively safe manner. I think it would benefit endurance athletes the most.
it will help with aerobic exercise a lot as mentioned in the above post. Not sure about anaerobic activity though

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Blood doping, welcome to the world of professional cycling. It works for their sport. As for say a powerlifter, i don't really see it being that beneficial.

SoupNaziNazi

Awards
I was thinking more like, if u increased the amount of oxygen along with/during the longer 3-7min breaks powerlifters take between their heaviest sets, it would almost be like each set would be the first set? But then again I don't know much that's just what I was thinking