Protein bars before bed

shaun1988

shaun1988

Awards
Does anybody eat a protein bar before bed?? The cravings I get for them before bed is unreal. I just think the sugar that's in them will keep me awake all night

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Then eat one that is sugar free...?

Have a shake?

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It wont. Sugar doesn't work that way

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
^^^ describe which bars your eating...
If you don't want to drink before bed, do sludge.

shaun1988

shaun1988

Awards
I've got 2 kinds of bars in the cupboard. The first kind is sci-mx 9hour slow releasing protein bars and the other kind are PHD protein flapjacks

Akagami

Awards
^^^ describe which bars your eating...
If you don't want to drink before bed, do sludge.
Raw Cocoa has a pretty amazing profile for a food too. Mix some cocoa and casein, and you got yourself some good sludge. Cocoa thickens enough that you can put some whey in as well.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Does anybody eat a protein bar before bed?? The cravings I get for them before bed is unreal. I just think the sugar that's in them will keep me awake all night
Sugar won't keep you up. A CNS stimulant might, but not sugar

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've got 2 kinds of bars in the cupboard. The first kind is sci-mx 9hour slow releasing protein bars and the other kind are PHD protein flapjacks
I'm not familiar with those, sounds like your in Europe...
Either way, what about sludge? Add toppings (nuts, fruit) to hit your macros...
The cocoa/casein suggestion above is also a good one.

shaun1988

shaun1988

Awards
I'm from the UK. I suppose we do things different here. I think I'll pass on the protein bars before bed and keep them for a daily snack

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm from the UK. I suppose we do things different here. I think I'll pass on the protein bars before bed and keep them for a daily snack
I'll keep this in mind if I ever visit Ben.

Not sure if serious though.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Raw Cocoa has a pretty amazing profile for a food too. Mix some cocoa and casein, and you got yourself some good sludge. Cocoa thickens enough that you can put some whey in as well.
What do you mix the casein and cocoa with?

Akagami

Awards
What do you mix the casein and cocoa with?
First, mix the cocoa with some hot hot water to melt it down. Very little. If you were using 10-20g of cocoa, all you need is about 30-80ml of water.
Then put the casein powder in. If you don't want the calories use water now to mix. If you want more calories and some flavor, milk (also check which liquid best dissolves your powder). If you're using some whey, you'll have to play with the ratios to find the right consistency.

If the casein isn't sweetened and you want more sweet flavor (cocoa can be bitter) add some artificial sweetener or just plain sugar. 5g of sugar will add a lot of sweetness and it isn't going to kill you or ruin your gains.

If you wanna go all out put in some strawberries or blueberries. If you're forever bulking some nut butter is good too. Put it in the freezer and it will thicken up quickly.

dkgreene88

dkgreene88

Awards
  • Established
I've never had protein bars keep me awake at night. Make a shake or some sludge. You just eat chicken until you pass out lol

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I'll keep this in mind if I ever visit Ben. Not sure if serious though.
bolt10

Why would you want to know bdcc 's night time snack?

Sleeping over?? ;)

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dirty Dan

Dirty Dan

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I like to have cottage cheese before bed, it's sorta my thang.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'm a cottage cheese type of guy. i have a big tub of it from sams and eat some before bed. Also i usally have acouple scoops of casein as well. Thats another good night time snack to have if you're craving is a casein shake. Check out some casein powders here at Strong Supplement Shop.
http://www.strongsupplementshop.com/slow-release-protein