Ephedrine/cortisol

mcc23

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys,

I'm curious as to what would cause cortisol to be produced after ingestion of EC, as opposed to the epi/adrenaline response that normally takes place. I've done some reading and apparently other people have experienced this as well. E.g: Abdominal bloating. Also, what are some effective ways/supplements/herbs to combat this? And don't say "stop taking EC" haha. I know Vitamin C is supposed to help with cortisol, but it effectively renders the ephedrine inactive in the blood. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

-Nick
mr.cooper69

AnthroLats

Awards
Could you elaborate on the vitamin c and ephedrine interaction? I've never heard of that before.

mcc23

Awards
  • Established
Could you elaborate on the vitamin c and ephedrine interaction? I've never heard of that before.
This is something I've experienced first hand, and have heard from other people taking EC. I'll see if I can find some data to support it.

edit: My understanding is that the VIt. C increases the acidity in the blood, thus expediting the clearance of E from your system.

TN Lift

Awards
Hey guys, I'm curious as to what would cause cortisol to be produced after ingestion of EC, as opposed to the epi/adrenaline response that normally takes place. I've done some reading and apparently other people have experienced this as well. E.g: Abdominal bloating. Also, what are some effective ways/supplements/herbs to combat this? And don't say "stop taking EC" haha. I know Vitamin C is supposed to help with cortisol, but it effectively renders the ephedrine inactive in the blood. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance. -Nick mr.cooper69
If your looking for something to help control cortisol I know that armistane, which was in the original erase formula is supposed to have good cort control properties. It can still be found in a lot of Products.

mcc23

Awards
  • Established
If your looking for something to help control cortisol I know that armistane, which was in the original erase formula is supposed to have good cort control properties. It can still be found in a lot of Products.
Got me some AlphaMax otw! :thumbsup:

android.19

Awards
Hey man its odd because although this seems like an incredibly specific topic I made a thread about the exact same thing about 2 days ago... [Cant post link not enough posts although anyone reading this and is interested I can pm them the link] there is it. Anyways after doing some research on products that could help and amazing feedback from the community I came to the conclusion that Reduce XT would possibly be my best bet. I can give you a heads up on my progress with it, however I live in Canada and the expected delivery time is like 10 business days (I ordered it about 3 business days ago) so it may be some time before I could let you know how it treats me. Hope this helps man and gl!

Edit: anabolicmindscom/forum/supplements/265448-ec-stack-need.html

Hope im not breaking any rules with this but it is totally relevant. Just add the "." before the "com"

mcc23

Awards
  • Established
I know this is a rather dated thread, but I wanted to see if anyone else had any input on the use of EC for fat loss, and EC's production of cortisol possibly negating the weight loss effects.

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
I know this is a rather dated thread, but I wanted to see if anyone else had any input on the use of EC for fat loss, and EC's production of cortisol possibly negating the weight loss effects.
Do you mean zero sum effect? Likely impossible.

If long-term E use leads to lower blood pressure after the initial spikes as a result of adaptation to the compound, I suppose the same holds true for the transient cortisol spikes.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Do you mean zero sum effect? Likely impossible.

If long-term E use leads to lower blood pressure after the initial spikes as a result of adaptation to the compound, I suppose the same holds true for the transient cortisol spikes.
I had heard that long term e use causes lowered bp but when I mentioned it in a thread I got my head handed to me....do you have anything to back this up?

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I actually love running EC and Reduce XT together, I think it's a great stack. I have never really experienced increased cortisol levels due to EC though (although I may have, since i haven't had my cortisol tested while on EC)