Soy Lecithin Question

MTPMJM

MTPMJM

Awards
  • Established
So I work at a supplement store and have heard from people here and there on forums that Soy Lecithin is the bees knees...

Im currently running Ostarine and an AI, and can get Soy Lecithin DUMB CHEAP due to my job

What are its benefits/how would you dose it/when would you dose it?

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No expert here but from my reading ANYTHING that has soy in it should be avoided. Here is an example to read:

http://www.livestrong.com/article/524606-what-are-the-dangers-of-soy-lecithin-ingestion/#page=1

http://www.med-health.net/Soy-Lecithin.html
Soy doesn't need to be avoided at all costs. Is is a great protein substitute? No. Will it increase estrogen? A little but not enough to make any noticeable impact.

Also, if you want to cite evidence, don't throw garbage sources like livestrong or med-health rofl.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Soy doesn't need to be avoided at all costs. Is is a great protein substitute? No. Will it increase estrogen? A little but not enough to make any noticeable impact. Also, if you want to cite evidence, don't throw garbage sources like livestrong or med-health rofl.
Please cite "your" evidence rather than poking at what you consider garbage sources. Interested to read and learn.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Please cite "your" evidence rather than poking at what you consider garbage sources. Interested to read and learn.
You're free to research yourself. Ideally look in medical journals, ncbi/pubmed is a great start. Unfortunately, i have my own studies to worry about.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Hes not wrong. Unfortunately a lot of websites do not extraploate data well or sensationalise data for impact. While an article may be a start, it should never provide the basis for research.

liftandeat

liftandeat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anybody wanna hear a joke? Anything that has to do with soy.

I don't even allow it in my home lol

There are so many reasons to hate it just do some research

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anybody wanna hear a joke? Anything that has to do with soy.

I don't even allow it in my home lol

There are so many reasons to hate it just do some research
Funny how all those myths are still around soy

"Clinical studies show no effects of soy protein or isoflavones on reproductive hormones in men"

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
With so many alternative food sources available, why even take a chance with soy. Like everything else in the world, there are studies showing soy is bad and others indicating the opposite. OP, why take a chance on soy? Stick with other macro sources, IMO.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
With so many alternative food sources available, why even take a chance with soy. Like everything else in the world, there are studies showing soy is bad and others indicating the opposite. OP, why take a chance on soy? Stick with other macro sources, IMO.
Do you even know what you are talking about?
He is asking for Soy lecithin and NOT soy Protein.(even soy protein is nothing to worry about. There are proof and good studies).
Soy lecithin does contain little to almost no isoflavones at all.
Isoflavones are not estrogens either and will not directly add to estrogen levels in the blood which means it has minimal effects on blood estrogen levels.

Soy lecithin (phospholipids) has MANY health benefits and PA and PS are both activating mTOR which lead to muscle protein synthesis and hypertrophy.
PS Is amazing for decreasing cortisol and its very good for brain health. Helping people to lower ADHD symptoms etc.

OP,
Buy soy granules and enjoy your gains on it. There are human studies done on Phosphatidic acid and it really works!.

Jakethaniel

Jakethaniel

Awards
  • Established
Have you not heard of phosphatidic acid? He is not talking about soy protein or just eating it for food.

http://www.nutritionandmetabolism.com/content/11/1/29

*edit: Danes beat me to it. haha

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Kickstart7

Kickstart7

Awards
Got gyno from fearn soy lecithin recently. I have surgery lined up for this summer... Said no one ever!

Lmao. My muscles feel full all the time, only thing I've noticed from soy lecithin. It's PA content is almost twice as much as cutler's 'king' or Fuel ones PA. Both contain 750 mg and sell for 40-90 dollars depending on where you look. Fearn soy lecithin has1200 mg for about 8 bucks plus S&H. It's a no brainer!

Kickstart7

Kickstart7

Awards
I really appreciate the input guys. The whole wave of "YO NO SOY" posts make me laugh as they obviously didnt read the post. http://www.vitaminworld.com/lecithin/lecithin-granules-0070001060.html#q=lecithin&start=3 Thats the soy i was looking to pickup... So can anyone tell me how much i should dose with it?? And how long to run for before breaking? thanks Danes Kickstart7
from the more experienced guys on here I've heard you can run it year run, I'm not sure if it loses effectiveness from this or not. I'll do some research but I'm gonna run it year round. And I'll let you know month by month. I'll prob up the dose but right now I'm taking 1200 mg a day. My level teaspoon pre and one level teaspoon post. On non workout days in the morning. Idk if there's a most effective time to take it.

Kickstart7

Kickstart7

Awards
Also sorry for errors, my app isn't showing what I'm typing at all

MTPMJM

MTPMJM

Awards
  • Established
Also sorry for errors, my app isn't showing what I'm typing at all
Did you check the link i posted? This specific lecithin I'm sure differs slightly from other brands in terms of PA, PS, and PC concentrations. It actually only lists the PS and PI... and lists the Linoleic Acid per spoon. Anyone better at reading in between the lines than I am and that has more knowledge care to weigh in?

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
from the more experienced guys on here I've heard you can run it year run, I'm not sure if it loses effectiveness from this or not. I'll do some research but I'm gonna run it year round. And I'll let you know month by month. I'll prob up the dose but right now I'm taking 1200 mg a day. My level teaspoon pre and one level teaspoon post. On non workout days in the morning. Idk if there's a most effective time to take it.
PA will not lose any effect even running year around. Like I said before, PA need exercise stress which produces the enzymes that needs to convert the PA to LPA. Same goes for PS too because PA and PS goes same route . PA/PS--->LPA

MTPMJM

MTPMJM

Awards
  • Established
PA will not lose any effect even running year around. Like I said before, PA need exercise stress which produces the enzymes that needs to convert the PA to LPA. Same goes for PS too because PA and PS goes same route . PA/PS--->LPA
so based on the brand I linked from VW, how much would you take? Thats where I'm lost now

Kickstart7

Kickstart7

Awards
so based on the brand I linked from VW, how much would you take? Thats where I'm lost now
y not just go with fearn? Unless I missed where you said that.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Take 2 tablespoons prior workout. After 2 weeks you can increase to 3

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Take 2 tablespoons prior workout. After 2 weeks you can increase to 3
I did some math and found it was almost the same % of PC and PI in Fearn and the one you showed me. So it would actually be pretty same % of PA

Hockeyaus33

Hockeyaus33

Awards
  • Established
How do you guys take this with your pre workout if it has a ton of fat in it and preworkout should be taken in an empty stomach?

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wrong! Phospholipids are beneficial and some of them such as PA and PS activates mTOR. No negative impact on estrogen at all
I believe it's highly respective to brand

Caused a bad flare up with me with vs brand vs fearn

And that affected it negativly

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I believe it's highly respective to brand

Caused a bad flare up with me with vs brand vs fearn

And that affected it negativly
Sorry my english. I did not understand. Lecithin made bad flare up?

MTPMJM

MTPMJM

Awards
  • Established
Well thanks a ton guys, just grabbed a jug, should last me 50 days

liftandeat

liftandeat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Why do they put soy lecithin in almost every protein?

Kickstart7

Kickstart7

Awards
ScruffMcBuff

ScruffMcBuff

Awards
I tried Fearn Soy Lecithin and it was awesome but my girlfriend got me this new stuff with 95%phosphatides and I know Fearn soy lecithin has 97%. Is this a big deal or do I just take an extra tablespoon?

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
I tried Fearn Soy Lecithin and it was awesome but my girlfriend got me this new stuff with 95%phosphatides and I know Fearn soy lecithin has 97%. Is this a big deal or do I just take an extra tablespoon?
Seriously?

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Haha 2% is nothing to worry about

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'll add this to the discussion.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21801783

Not picking sides just know we all care about the same end goal. I myself am taking Soy Lecithin FYI.
Like I said, those phyto-estrogen (isoflavones) are low or almost not founded in soy lecithin. In soybeans its a different story but like i wrote before:

Isoflavones are not estrogens either and will not directly add to estrogen levels in the blood which means it has minimal effects on blood estrogen levels.

3pic_B3ast

3pic_B3ast

Awards
  • Established
I just lay it out to play it out:) Just looking at the "It might, therefore be a major contributor to total estrogenicity" portion. And at the beginning of the article "estrogen-like compounds that might not be detected analytically" this excludes phytoestrogens. Again just offering it up as discussion. You are probably right and I'm reading this incorrectly.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I just lay it out to play it out:) Just looking at the "It might, therefore be a major contributor to total estrogenicity" portion. And at the beginning of the article "estrogen-like compounds that might not be detected analytically" this excludes phytoestrogens. Again just offering it up as discussion. You are probably right and I'm reading this incorrectly.
A good discussion is good thing:)
But you have nothing to worry about when you use soy granules :)

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
A good discussion is good thing:) But you have nothing to worry about when you use soy granules :)
I don't think you can use that as a blanket statement like that man. Not saying you should worry but soy and its isoflavones in different aMounts have different affects.

But the amounts people are consuming in here are high, period. Most pa content from the granular are 1.2g per 15g serving

Some people are doing 45g soy lechithin

The studies on pa were done with 750mg which is only 7g

I can say from my experience with it, water retention and estrogenic affects happened for me

I've ceased the use of it, no more issues

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't think you can use that as a blanket statement like that man. Not saying you should worry but soy and its isoflavones in different aMounts have different affects. But the amounts people are consuming in here are high, period. Most pa content from the granular are 1.2g per 15g serving Some people are doing 45g soy lechithin The studies on pa were done with 750mg which is only 7g I can say from my experience with it, water retention and estrogenic affects happened for me I've ceased the use of it, no more issues
This was with VS brand correct? As in you noticing estrogenic affects?

3pic_B3ast

3pic_B3ast

Awards
  • Established
The affects will probably vary as with the gains some see and some don't. For me personally I'm using Formeron anyway currently just because I like it. So estrogen wil probably not be an issue. TBH I not worried about it anyway as I've not experienced estrogen sides in the past. But as Danes mentioned above it is good for conversation to discuss these studies.
Again overall I think the soy lecithin=estrogen issue is over blown but if some have had any issues in the past
(pubertal or due to anabolics) their is the possibility of issues.

test112

Awards
  • Established
You can buy sunflower lecithin if you're worried about soy. But I have no idea how it differs in terms of phosphatidic acid, and too lazy to search.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This was with VS brand correct? As in you noticing estrogenic affects?
Yes vs brand

But vs brand was cheaper and I played with dosing

Never higher the 2 servings

Fearn I did just 7g (half serving)

I also noticed livido issues as well