Burn24 and beer... Mr.Cooper or Omega reps plz respond?

hiimnotcool

hiimnotcool

Awards
  • Established
I drink like 3-4 times per week usually 8-12 beers each time (i know, strong alcoholism) but that's down from like 15 a night for months on end...i'm cutting right now and have been pretty shocked i've been able to fit the beer into my macros by intermittent fasting so i've been losing fat and retaining strength. amazing how full 1400 calories of food can make you if you eat it all in a few hours. (i hit my protein and fat requirements daily)

Would taking a capsule or 2 of burn24 before drinking be a good idea? In theory it would seem smart since it will block the carbs from the beer but theories aren't always concrete lmao. I generally don't eat anything while i'm drinking either so after about 5-6 hours I'd obviously take 2 more capsules before my meal.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It would be a waste IMO.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Calories from alcoholic drinks are typically from the alcohol itself and not carbs, unless you are drinking coolers or sugary cocktails.

Alcohol is separate from carbs/protein/fat, having about 7cals per gram, almost as much as fat.

I doubt any GDA will effect alcohol, but would still effect additional food consumption while drinking.

IMO I would not pair any supplement intentionally with alcohol

hiimnotcool

hiimnotcool

Awards
  • Established
alright, point taken....i'll just start using it with my meals after i drink. nearly a full bottle in my cabinet that ive never really used before.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
alright, point taken....i'll just start using it with my meals after i drink. nearly a full bottle in my cabinet that ive never really used before.
Its great stuff

hiimnotcool

hiimnotcool

Awards
  • Established
Its great stuff
i've heard. not sure why i haven't used it lol. i have a full bottle of reduce xt too that i haven't used.

been cutting for 8 weeks but im adding both of these starting now for the next 6-8 weeks to try and speed up the process. still have around 20 pounds to lose. i think burn24, reduce xt and ergonine will help me achieve that goal easily.

oh, and i took a burn24 capsule before i read the responses in here...lmao strong aftertaste with each burp.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
i've heard. not sure why i haven't used it lol. i have a full bottle of reduce xt too that i haven't used. been cutting for 8 weeks but im adding both of these starting now for the next 6-8 weeks to try and speed up the process. still have around 20 pounds to lose. i think burn24, reduce xt and ergonine will help me achieve that goal easily. oh, and i took a burn24 capsule before i read the responses in here...lmao strong aftertaste with each burp.
A lot of GDA products get me with burps,
Raspberry ketones too

Looks like a good time ahead with that stack

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
I drink like 3-4 times per week usually 8-12 beers each time (i know, strong alcoholism) but that's down from like 15 a night for months on end...i'm cutting right now and have been pretty shocked i've been able to fit the beer into my macros by intermittent fasting so i've been losing fat and retaining strength. amazing how full 1400 calories of food can make you if you eat it all in a few hours. (i hit my protein and fat requirements daily)

Would taking a capsule or 2 of burn24 before drinking be a good idea? In theory it would seem smart since it will block the carbs from the beer but theories aren't always concrete lmao. I generally don't eat anything while i'm drinking either so after about 5-6 hours I'd obviously take 2 more capsules before my meal.
Perfect example of bro science myth busting
:)

hiimnotcool

hiimnotcool

Awards
  • Established
That you can consume alcohol and still lose weight
lol, oh yeah definitely that's one of the biggest myths around. that's what i figured you were getting at but wanted to make sure.

im down to 210 from 225 on january 9th. feels good man.

squirtguns89

Awards
  • Established
That you can consume alcohol and still lose weight
binge drinking 3-4 times a week, and him having decent results is more a reflection of how chitty his previous condition was rather than how well his current regimen works. of course someones going to see results going from a full blown alcoholic vs cutting it in half or more. has nothing to do with proving bro science wrong.

im more saying this for the sake of people interpreting it poorly, not to hate on op. im glad to hear youre making positive changes man.

DWeaver

DWeaver

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
binge drinking 3-4 times a week, and him having decent results is more a reflection of how chitty his previous condition was rather than how well his current regimen works. of course someones going to see results going from a full blown alcoholic vs cutting it in half or more. has nothing to do with proving bro science wrong. im more saying this for the sake of people interpreting it poorly, not to hate on op. im glad to hear youre making positive changes man.
Yeah this is what I was thinking. Like going from 10 Snickers a day down to 5. Of course you're gonna lose weight.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Yeah this is what I was thinking. Like going from 10 Snickers a day down to 5. Of course you're gonna lose weight.
The fact is that either way youre losing correct? While still eating snickers...

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
binge drinking 3-4 times a week, and him having decent results is more a reflection of how chitty his previous condition was rather than how well his current regimen works. of course someones going to see results going from a full blown alcoholic vs cutting it in half or more. has nothing to do with proving bro science wrong.

im more saying this for the sake of people interpreting it poorly, not to hate on op. im glad to hear youre making positive changes man.
Whats there to misinterpret? I stated alcohol, not bingeing or alcoholism or anything of the sort....

squirtguns89

Awards
  • Established
Whats there to misinterpret? I stated alcohol, not bingeing or alcoholism or anything of the sort....
"bro science" doesnt say its impossible to lose weight while drinking. "bro science" would say drinking 12 beers, 4x/weekly is not optimal for weightlifting/cutting, or health in general. My point is, ops post proves nothing "wrong".

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
"bro science" doesnt say its impossible to lose weight while drinking. "bro science" would say drinking 12 beers, 4x/weekly is not optimal for weightlifting/cutting, or health in general. My point is, ops post proves nothing "wrong".
Im not debating a generalized notion like broscience with you...

squirtguns89

Awards
  • Established
that too^^, wooddrink12pack/day for ops beard gains

probably more what i meant anyways.

Im not debating a generalized notion like broscience with you...

why do you keep making this about semantics when im simply just responding to literally what you said...im not sure what is so confusing about my actual point, t-bone already paraphrased it quite nicely. not a big deal though.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't want to be a dick and seem like I'm judging you, so please understand I am trying to help you, but you really need to cut down on the drinking.