Black Lion Viron - Good start for my situation?

mccollums

Awards
I've done a little research and had bloodwork done. I'm recovering from an illness that caused me to lose 25lbs and cause systemic inflammation. This has been really tough to deal with considering I was almost fully recovered from a broken neck and back that cause my 6'2 frame to hit 150lbs in Jan 2012. This round of back luck has seen me bottom out at 148lbs on Sept 24th, 2014.

I naturally run pretty lean and according to my Withings wifi scale by body fat is ~4% and I currently weigh 166lbs butt naked in the morning. I've been lifting lightly and making modest gains considering my T levels. I'm also receiving therapeutic phlebotomy to lower my ferritin levels. The reason I mention this is because my testosterone/free T/SHBG were not normal. I figured I would wait till the ferritin and inflammation were under control before I started trying supplements to boost my T or unbind the T from SHBG.

Oh, and I forgot to mention my goal. I've had 4 left shoulder surgeries and my spine is really straight in the lower back and neck areas (i'm working on the spine issue) . Heavy lifting is probably not the smartest thing for me. I really want to get back to looking and feeling athletic. My frame needs 175lbs minimum or I have people ask me "Do you run?" We'll see what my goals are once I hit 175 and start feeling better. but 10lbs of muscle plus the added bonus of better T levels ( energy, memory, libido, etc) are what I'm looking for right now.

I've been reading about T, Free T, SHBG and the pathways chol->pregnenolone->DHEA->androsteien-dione->T
Hoping to make an informed decision on supplements. I eat a whole foods diet ( no gluten) with broad range of veggies plus ample meat/fish. It's not Paleo but that's probably the foundation, with white potatoes, white rice added. I haven't started counting macro ratios yet, but I will make sure to get enough calories/protein....

Age 41
Total T: 623
Free T: 7.3
SHBG: 62

I didn't get Estrogen tested. I didn't feel it was necessary since my body fat was so low. At the time of blood work ( few months ago) my body fat on the semi-accurate Withings was saying 3.4%. My Ferritin was also 500 at the time. ( I do understand that ferritin can be an acute phase reactant but i have had it tested multiple times even after the illness improved and it was consistently over 500). All other blood markers were normal, liver, pancreas, thyroid (full naturopathic panel on this).

So, from what I've read I need a slight bump in my total T, plus I need to figure out how to free the free T from SHBG. Step 1 is diet, Up my carbs and plan on consuming pumpkin seeds, oysters, and a little bit of organ meat each week once my ferritin/iron overload is under control.

Step 2: take Black Lion Viron - seems like Boron has been proven to unbind T from SHBG. I'm guessing the Eurycoma longifolia Jack in the mix might be beneficial as well.

Would that be a good start? I was thinking of taking DHEA 5mg every other day, or maybe just taking a light dose of pregnenolone and let my body decide if it's going to convert into T.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think thats a great start. Diet and Viron.
As you know Free T is the important portion so boosting it gives you a ton of help in reaching your current goals.

Sprinterguy4

Sprinterguy4

Awards
Just bought some 9 days ago from Black lion. Bought direct to avoid counterfeit product. i will let you know how it is if it ever arrives!

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just bought some 9 days ago from Black lion. Bought direct to avoid counterfeit product. i will let you know how it is if it ever arrives!
I'm sure you will receive it soon. Brundel is a busy guy with all the new products he is cranking out. Just an fyi strongsupplementshop.com is an authorized retailer so you don't need to worry about counterfeit. They have a few websites they work directly with.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
We are migrating our website. This means the store was closed. The final orders were bulked together for shipping so some ordered on the 25th were not shipped until the 28th I believe. You should get your package today I would think.
The BLR store is closed now.
This is only temporary though as I migrate or build a new site I havnt decided. I guess it depends on if I have time in my life to do web design lol.
Sorry for the delay. This is not the norm it just happens that this last batch lagged in shipping.
Once its back up shipping will resume to the normal 1-2 days turn around and 1-3 shipping.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Viron would be a great addition and anyone that reads my posts knows I am a huge proponent for pregnenolone and DHEA supplementation- especially to those of us 35+.

CJNator

Awards
We are migrating our website. This means the store was closed. The final orders were bulked together for shipping so some ordered on the 25th were not shipped until the 28th I believe. You should get your package today I would think.
The BLR store is closed now.
This is only temporary though as I migrate or build a new site I havnt decided. I guess it depends on if I have time in my life to do web design lol.
Sorry for the delay. This is not the norm it just happens that this last batch lagged in shipping.
Once its back up shipping will resume to the normal 1-2 days turn around and 1-3 shipping.
Where are you guys moving too?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
We just have to move from squarespace so we have more merchant options.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I recommend wordpress.org if you have coding skills or if you don't, try out weebly, wix or wordpress.com

Better to design it yourself as search engines favor it :D

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I recommend wordpress.org if you have coding skills or if you don't, try out weebly, wix or wordpress.com

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Age 41
Total T: 623
Free T: 7.3
SHBG: 62

So, from what I've read I need a slight bump in my total T
First of all your Total T is fine and the levels are good for your age (ofcourse most important is how you feel. Even levels are in the range. I am 31, my Total T is 259 but I feel great, i am building size,have good libido etc).

2. Your free T could be higher (its in the normal range) but like I said it could be around 10 which would be more normal for your age.

3.Your SHBG is pretty high for your age. Around 40 would be "normal" for your age but less would not hurt TBH.
So you need about 30% decrease to get to normal SHBG range for your age.

Make sure you take bloodwork after testbooster/boosters. If the levels are not better , let an Endo help you out

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I have a Computer sci degree and Im fine with code, however, why take all the time. These days squarespace or weebly work perfectly well unless you need like serious custom stuff done. Now..finding the time to rebuild my website...thats the problem.

mccollums

Awards
Thanks for the advice, I think I'm on the right track.

koi1214, appreciate the offer but I had just ordered it after posting.

Danes, I thought my free T was low so I went back and looked at my blood work again. I went from memory while writing the post.
All numbers in the original post were correct except Free T.. that one was 53.1 pg/ml which is 5.31. Looks like it was the LC/MS/MS test from Quest Diagnostics.

Also I've read the Quest T test is not the most accurate. I have access to cheap (cost) testing since I work for a Nephrology practice. I can order from Quest or LabCorp. I haven't looked at LabCorp's range of tests yet to see if they offer a more accurate test.

I will definitely get test again after taking Viron. I still have 2 more blood donations to get my ferritin into a safe range. By safe, I'm going by what research is saying (below 200) not the safe range on the Quest lab range. I probably need to get T test before I take the Viron though. The blood work I posted here is from late Dec 2014, and I'm feeling better since then with pain/inflammation improved.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for the advice, I think I'm on the right track.

koi1214, appreciate the offer but I had just ordered it after posting.

Danes, I thought my free T was low so I went back and looked at my blood work again. I went from memory while writing the post.
All numbers in the original post were correct except Free T.. that one was 53.1 pg/ml which is 5.31. Looks like it was the LC/MS/MS test from Quest Diagnostics.

Also I've read the Quest T test is not the most accurate. I have access to cheap (cost) testing since I work for a Nephrology practice. I can order from Quest or LabCorp. I haven't looked at LabCorp's range of tests yet to see if they offer a more accurate test.

I will definitely get test again after taking Viron. I still have 2 more blood donations to get my ferritin into a safe range. By safe, I'm going by what research is saying (below 200) not the safe range on the Quest lab range. I probably need to get T test before I take the Viron though. The blood work I posted here is from late Dec 2014, and I'm feeling better since then with pain/inflammation improved.
In earlier post u wrote free T 7.3.. if yours is 5.3, thats low yes

MultiVitamin

MultiVitamin

Awards
tl;dr but I can say Viron jacked up my libido @ 1 cap (that's what most run it at right?)

Forreal, was phucking a good 5-6 times a day lol

grovemule

grovemule

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Viron would be a great addition and anyone that reads my posts knows I am a huge proponent for pregnenolone and DHEA supplementation- especially to those of us 35+.
Kisaj, I want to do 2 Viron pd when I start them later this month. Do you suggest any dosing scheme?Thanks.

Caleb87

Awards
Kisaj, I want to do 2 Viron pd when I start them later this month. Do you suggest any dosing scheme?Thanks.
Same question. I've been reading on here today that a 5days on 2 days off schedule is recommended. Could someone explain why?

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Same question. I've been reading on here today that a 5days on 2 days off schedule is recommended. Could someone explain why?
Its much broscience.
I am talking about tongkat ali and why some prefer 5 days on and 2 days of.
The idea of 5 days on and 2 days of is to let your body not getting used to it. So you dont lose the effect of the plant. Means its better to take 5 days on and 2 days of year around than 2 monts on and 3-weeks off
But if you have been reading a study where they gave 350 patients 200mg extract (Eurycomanone) for 9 months (they was followed during the study) and it did not lose the effect taking it every day.

I use to say. We are different. If you want to stay on TA year around then 10 days on and couple days of such as 3 days would be ebough. But of you want to use it 2-3 months just take it every day!.

Its nothing than placebo when people say "it worked just 4 first days and the effect is gone". Even injecting testosterone , libido will vary!

Caleb87

Awards
Its much broscience.
I am talking about tongkat ali and why some prefer 5 days on and 2 days of.
The idea of 5 days on and 2 days of is to let your body not getting used to it. So you dont lose the effect of the plant. Means its better to take 5 days on and 2 days of year around than 2 monts on and 3-weeks off
But if you have been reading a study where they gave 350 patients 200mg extract (Eurycomanone) for 9 months (they was followed during the study) and it did not lose the effect taking it every day.

I use to say. We are different. If you want to stay on TA year around then 10 days on and couple days of such as 3 days would be ebough. But of you want to use it 2-3 months just take it every day!.

Its nothing than placebo when people say "it worked just 4 first days and the effect is gone". Even injecting testosterone , libido will vary!
I see! Thanks man.