Arnold is right around the corner

Tabascoonall

Tabascoonall

Awards
Hey guys we all know the arnold is coming up and I am from columbus and will be back in town for the arnold, so I just want you guys to know if it's your first time in columbus or second and you are lost or want to know places to train or eat or shop or whatever I'll help you out on that note! I know CBUS like the back of my hand. So if anyone has any questions ask away. And get ready for the cold!!

Welcome all to the buckeye state

G

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The Solution has already suggested to hit up Jeni's & Greater. But, what are some of the must try restaurants? Don't really want to break the bank so no 5 star/famous chef run places lol.

Tabascoonall

Tabascoonall

Awards
Sorry i was at the gym, SOO here is a little list of places of the top of my mind, Ill break it down by restaurants that are downtown and in easton, easton is a outdoor shopping center (huge) great shopping and great food, not to far away from downtown. Past couple years i have seen many Bodybuilders eating there and just walking around.

Downtown:
Melt (NEW and VERY FUN, its a grilled cheese place, also has other food but known for grilled cheese and there menu is just so crazy!!! also in easton)
Rigsby's (Italian, very well put together)
The guild house (Pretty much anything, owner also owns ocean club)
The pearl (New place, good cocktails, very "interesting" menu, some food you would see on Bizarre foods on Travel channel hah)
Haiku (best sushi in town)
Marcella's (classic italian)
Barcelonas (spanish food, better then ok but not life changing)

Easton:
Bon Vie (french food pretty good)
Ocean Club (pricest on both list but just perfect food)
Northstar Cafe (also downtown, organic/all natural food huge cookies hahah)
Bar Luois (straight forward bar scene, fun atmosphere)
Texas de Brazil (they walk around with huge sticks off meat, 30 different kinds and you can get as much as you want, SOO filling, great quality, open grill)
Easton has a lot of chains also, panaera, chipotle, ext.

Reactions: GNO
G

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm a sushi guy but I typically only do all you can eat.

I'm staying in Easton so sounds like tons of options. Is a there a gym near there that I can a get a cheap or free 3 day pass to burn some of this off.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Sorry i was at the gym, SOO here is a little list of places of the top of my mind, Ill break it down by restaurants that are downtown and in easton, easton is a outdoor shopping center (huge) great shopping and great food, not to far away from downtown. Past couple years i have seen many Bodybuilders eating there and just walking around.

Downtown:
Melt (NEW and VERY FUN, its a grilled cheese place, also has other food but known for grilled cheese and there menu is just so crazy!!! also in easton)
Rigsby's (Italian, very well put together)
The guild house (Pretty much anything, owner also owns ocean club)
The pearl (New place, good cocktails, very "interesting" menu, some food you would see on Bizarre foods on Travel channel hah)
Haiku (best sushi in town)
Marcella's (classic italian)
Barcelonas (spanish food, better then ok but not life changing)

Easton:
Bon Vie (french food pretty good)
Ocean Club (pricest on both list but just perfect food)
Northstar Cafe (also downtown, organic/all natural food huge cookies hahah)
Bar Luois (straight forward bar scene, fun atmosphere)
Texas de Brazil (they walk around with huge sticks off meat, 30 different kinds and you can get as much as you want, SOO filling, great quality, open grill)
Easton has a lot of chains also, panaera, chipotle, ext.
No mention of Rodozio? The brazillian steakhouse?
No mention of Thurmans? Famous place for the "Thurmanator" burger

Come on bro!
BD Mongolian Grill = a must.. all you can eat hibachi style food

Graeters/Jeni's for ice cream hands down.

bar Louis is ok, we go to there every year for cellucor affiliate dinner, its typical bar food. Don't get your hopes up.

SugarDaddy's if you want a good brownie/blondie which won awards by bobby Flay off the food network.

G

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Come on bro!

bar Louis is ok, we go to there every year for cellucor affiliate dinner, its typical bar food. Don't get your hopes up.

SugarDaddy's if you want a good brownie/blondie which won awards by bobby Flay off the food network.
You had me at All you can eat! One meal down, need 2-3 more.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Right in the district arena
there is a coldstone there too
Cheesecake factory aint far away, and a big portion italian restauant called Buco di peppo
if you get a chicken parm its like 20oz of chicken covered in cheese and sauce.

Tabascoonall

Tabascoonall

Awards
right next to easton is lifetime fitness (where i go but in the dublin location) i know they have free passes i see them all the time on Facebook, i will look into it and send you a link if i find it or i will ask tomorrow morning when i go. Other gym that i know of is LA fitness, not sure how close to easton it is but not to far, and there is a gym downtown and its called beyond limits training, love the gym and if they always have stuff going on for the arnold. Yeah easton is great, busy in the spring and summer people always walk around, there is a graeters and jenis on eastons "campus" so thats a plus.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
right next to easton is lifetime fitness (where i go but in the dublin location) i know they have free passes i see them all the time on Facebook, i will look into it and send you a link if i find it or i will ask tomorrow morning when i go. Other gym that i know of is LA fitness, not sure how close to easton it is but not to far, and there is a gym downtown and its called beyond limits training, love the gym and if they always have stuff going on for the arnold. Yeah easton is great, busy in the spring and summer people always walk around, there is a graeters and jenis on eastons "campus" so thats a plus.
Metro Fitness in Worthington (7 mile drive north) get away from downtown
Beyond Limits by Rich Lauro
Highly suggest it
he has 3 locations now, it wont be busy and you will get in and get out and affordable rates. I know him personally.

Tabascoonall

Tabascoonall

Awards

Come on bro!

Those were just off the top of my head, Thurmans is good, in german village. but i think BD mongolian grill is just ok not, i would rather eat at other places.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Those were just off the top of my head, Thurmans is good, in german village. but i think BD mongolian grill is just ok not, i would rather eat at other places.
for the price its hard to pass up for Hibachi Style
all you can eat shrimp, chicken, various kinds of steak
rice, noodles, all the veggies you want and over 20-30 spices + Sauces
endless opportunities

G

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice, I have to hit it up Jeni's after reading The Solution's reviews.

Tabascoonall

Tabascoonall

Awards
endless opportunities
yeah its good price for the amount but just not the biggest fan of it, always leaves my stomach upset. but yes it is popular.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
This will be about my 5th or 6th time going to the Arnold. Haven't strayed much from the convention center though, so looking to check out a few new places this year. Rodizio, Jeni's, and Katzinger's are on my list for this year. I'd like to see more of CBUS, but i find that things seemingly close early so for the short amount of time I'm there, i never make it.

Tabascoonall

Tabascoonall

Awards
This will be about my 5th or 6th time going to the Arnold. Haven't strayed much from the convention center though, so looking to check out a few new places this year. Rodizio, Jeni's, and Katzinger's are on my list for this year. I'd like to see more of CBUS, but i find that things seemingly close early so for the short amount of time I'm there, i never make it.
that is true, if you have time, take a walk around the Short north, stores are open later and its just a nice relaxing walk good atmosphere.

G

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
endless opportunities
This sounds good to get all my macronutrients in one go at a reasonable price unless it's middling quality or there is something outstanding I should try instead.

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
Sucks that Ohio State Deli burned down...you could have taken on the Dagwood Challenge! I lived in Columbus for 8 years while I was going to OSU and it's definitely my favorite city. The places that have been recommended are all solid choices. I will pile on the votes for Mongolian BBQ. I used to go there with my wife and she would get pissed because she'd have one bowl and be done in about a half hour and I'd make her stay for about 1.5 hours while I'd take down 7-8 bowls!

You should also hit up a Cheryls cookies (a couple locations, one at Tuttle Mall) and get as many as you can afford. They have tons of buttercream frosted flavors that are amazing.

I used to train at the Worlds Gym (now Metro Fitness) on Long St. downtown. Haven't been there in awhile but it used to be pretty badass, but would get crowded around the Arnold. The other Metro locations are solid as well.

Reactions: GNO
Tabascoonall

Tabascoonall

Awards
Sucks that Ohio State Deli burned down...you could have taken on the Dagwood Challenge! I lived in Columbus for 8 years while I was going to OSU and it's definitely my favorite city. The places that have been recommended are all solid choices. I will pile on the votes for Mongolian BBQ. I used to go there with my wife and she would get pissed because she'd have one bowl and be done in about a half hour and I'd make her stay for about 1.5 hours while I'd take down 7-8 bowls!

You should also hit up a Cheryls cookies (a couple locations, one at Tuttle Mall) and get as many as you can afford. They have tons of buttercream frosted flavors that are amazing.

I used to train at the Worlds Gym (now Metro Fitness) on Long St. downtown. Haven't been there in awhile but it used to be pretty badass, but would get crowded around the Arnold. The other Metro locations are solid as well.
Metro fitness is still a sick gym, you are right. but it will be kinda bust there. I live in dublin and right by tuttle, i will second that cheryls cookies are a most!!!

G

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Do those cookies travel well? I want to try as much as stuff as I can, so ideally bring a lot home.

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
Do those cookies travel well? I want to try as much as stuff as I can, so ideally bring a lot home.
Yes....AND you can freeze them once you get home and they last for like a year! Man, I live in Akron now (2 hrs north of Columbus, by Cleveland) but still travel to Cbus for work sometimes. In December I went twice and brought home a total of 48 cookies in about a 2 week period haha. My freezer is sittin pretty right now!

G

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Checked out Cheryl's cookies website, the frosted ones look great (ie. Key lime, cinnamon pumpkin, etc)
Is the snickerdoodle worth it or should I load up on frosted? You try the sugar free?

Tabascoonall

Tabascoonall

Awards
plain frosted are the best at least i think so, SD is a close second. never tried sugar free. you don't just eat one of these hahah

G

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
plain frosted are the best at least i think so, SD is a close second. never tried sugar free. you don't just eat one of these hahah
Really plain frosted? I would typically bypass those and go to the exotic flavours but you guys would know best.

Tabascoonall

Tabascoonall

Awards
Really plain frosted? I would typically bypass those and go to the exotic flavours but you guys would know best.
I mean plain is always a safe bet cause it's always a winner. Whenever I go I get plain and SD, so I don't know if the other exotic ones are good. My guess is they are fantastic. I just stick to what I know.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Checked out Cheryl's cookies website, the frosted ones look great (ie. Key lime, cinnamon pumpkin, etc)
Is the snickerdoodle worth it or should I load up on frosted? You try the sugar free?
Go to SugarDaddy's
thank me later.

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
Some of the flavors are amazing. I recommend birthday cake, choc PB, mocha, choc mint (this is really good), and devil's food. The pumpkin is great, but it is strong. Obviously the regular buttercream are great, but they get old after a few! I only go with buttercream from Cheryl's so I can't comment on the non-frosted flavors!

G

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Go to SugarDaddy's
thank me later.
Oh snap they have a Blondie style s'mores brownie. Buying that fo sho!

Maybe not the s'mores one, but you think the other brownies would get crushed in a carry on?

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Oh snap they have a Blondie style s'mores brownie. Buying that fo sho!

Maybe not the s'mores one, but you think the other brownies would get crushed in a carry on?
No, they are wrapped very tight, and you can ask for them to package them if they know you are going to travel with them. just secure them.
Don't want to know the calories, but its worth every bite

T

tasuja

Awards
How about Cap City Diner?

Jeni's is amazing though, one of my favorites. It's a shame that Cheryl's cookies sold out to the man though.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

Jeni's is amazing though, one of my favorites. It's a shame that Cheryl's cookies sold out to the man though.
Getting the new 7 layer bar @ Jeni's with Choc Bombay and one other flavor in a trio
Prob rock Buckeye State or Brown Butter Almond Brittle and a pint of 7 layer to go
BOOM

Tabascoonall

Tabascoonall

Awards

Cap city diner is great, its owned my cameron mitchell and he owns ocean club, M, Mitchells steakhouse, and a couple more. Point being all of his places are amazing, cap city is a fun place they try to make it look like a dinner inside.

C

corbin

Board Sponsor
Awards

Come on bro!

I stayed a summer up in Beavercreek,OH with some family a few years ago and went to Thurmans. That place is hnnnnngggggg. Probably one of the best burgers Ive ever had to this day.

T

tasuja

Awards
I used to go to Columbus for work a few times a year, well Dublin really. Did a lot of good eating with friends.

I was surprised Thurman's didn't get a mention earlier. The blue cheese bacon burger cooked in tequila there is amazing. And if you are there, a really cool book store to visit as well.

On the higher price side, check out G. Michaels in the german village.

Tabascoonall

Tabascoonall

Awards
I stayed a summer up in Beavercreek,OH with some family a few years ago and went to Thermans. That place is hnnnnngggggg. Probably one of the best burgers Ive ever had to this day.
Its worth the trip, german village is starting to become a nicer place, the thing with thermans is you will need to sit down for a good hour after you eat you will be so so full hahahah at least thats what happened to me. I was up in beavercreek a couple years ago, HS team beat them in soccer to win states haha

Tabascoonall

Tabascoonall

Awards
I used to go to Columbus for work a few times a year, well Dublin really. Did a lot of good eating with friends.

I was surprised Thurman's didn't get a mention earlier. The blue cheese bacon burger cooked in tequila there is amazing. And if you are there, a really cool book store to visit as well.

On the higher price side, check out G. Michaels in the german village.
Props for dublin living!! thats where i am haha.

C

corbin

Board Sponsor
Awards
Props for dublin living!! thats where i am haha.
Actually lived in Dublin for a little bit when i was way younger too. Lived literally right behind Galyans/Dicks now, if you know where thats at haha.

Tabascoonall

Tabascoonall

Awards
Actually lived in Dublin for a little bit when i was younger. Lived literally right behind Dicks if you know where thats at haha.
hahahhaha such a small world, my ex lives in the houses back there near the park, its a little past the apartments behind Dicks. I live near the whole foods

T

tasuja

Awards
I think a lot of people travel to Dublin, several big time company HQ's there.

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
God I miss Columbus! Oh, and if you like Mexican food, try El Vaquero. They have a few of them around Cbus. If you go to Cap City you have to get the meatloaf

Tabascoonall

Tabascoonall

Awards
God I miss Columbus! Oh, and if you like Mexican food, try El Vaquero. They have a few of them around Cbus. If you go to Cap City you have to get the meatloaf
meatloaf is great its like a combo of three different meats. and YES el vaquero is a classic

G

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thinking of going to Thurman's and getting the "Johnny" burger or the "Thurminator"... Any reviews on those two? if I can't finish the Thurminator I have a full fridge at my hotel so lefties for brekky.

Tabascoonall

Tabascoonall

Awards
Thinking of going to Thurman's and getting the "Johnny" burger or the "Thurminator"... Any reviews on those two? if I can't finish the Thurminator I have a full fridge at my hotel so lefties for brekky.
Both are amazing like hands down a amazing meal but I would go with the thurminator, it's a classic and a go to when it's your first time there. Heck it's named after the place.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Thurmanitor FTW

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
^ that's ridiculous looking.
Would be a walk in the park to some of the other burgers i have done before.

Honestly i am looking forward to going to melt with my buddy, heard good things and i love cheese and bacon

oh and Graeters new ice cream flavor is revealed today, you better believe i am getting an 1870 tower with it

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Dang that looks good!!!

Tabascoonall

Tabascoonall

Awards
If you have time go to there is a graeters on hard road. (I'll double check) that you can see all the ice cream being made fresh, they have a huge glass window you can watch and see all the machines and all that stuff haha. And a huge playground if you feel like being a kid.

G

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Would be a walk in the park to some of the other burgers i have done before.

Honestly i am looking forward to going to melt with my buddy, heard good things and i love cheese and bacon

oh and Graeters new ice cream flavor is revealed today, you better believe i am getting an 1870 tower with it

I was looking at the 1870 tower too, but didn't think of subbing the flavour. Raspberry would not be my first choice.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Raspberry is one of their best flavors
If you do not try it your missing out
hands down a top 3 flavor.

UNREAL

G

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Raspberry is one of their best flavors
If you do not try it your missing out
hands down a top 3 flavor.

UNREAL
Really???
Ok, maybe I will then unless the new flavour is ridiculous.