What is maximal fat loss?

AnthroLats

Awards
Theoretical question here...

Say I'm in a 500 calorie deficit for a while and I lose X pounds over the course of maybe 3 months.

Now let's say Im still in a 500 calorie deficit, supplement with yohimbine prior to fasted cardio for the same 3 months. Would I lose more weight than the previous X? My researches seem to have suggested so, from what I've read regarding yohimbine studies.

Now, scenario 3. Say I'm still in a 500 calorie deficit but I'm loaded to the gills with things like ECA, yohimbine, forskolin, higenamine, methyl synephrine, fucoxanthin, and whatever else might negligibly contribute to fat loss. Would I actually burn more fat than scenario 1 or 2?

Disregarding the fact that I would be stimmed out of my mind and on the verge of a heart attack, I suppose my question is, at what point does oversupplementation become ineffective based on these "studied" ingredients? Or is it more of a diminishing returns sort of deal?

From what I've read, a lot of these tend to compound onto each other, like the whole interaction between beta agonists, alpha antagonists and cAMP and things like that. Theoretically its improving the efficacy of these through some synergy, but I have a hard time imagining it all translates into more fat loss.

Just some late night ramblings. Any opinions or scientific anecdotes are appreciated.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Like with a lot of things more isnt always better. My suggestions is to pick one good fat burner make sure you know whats in it and if you want to add another ingredient then add maybe one or two. And then up your cardio. You'll be down 500 calories and eat clean. The eatting clean and consistently eatting clean for three months is the hardest and probably most important part of the whole fat loss plan. I think without any supplements and lowering your calories, upping cardio and truly eatting clean for threee months you would see good results. But if you want to maybe throw in a good fat burner these are the ones i would recommend from Strong Supplement Shop.
http://www.strongsupplementshop.com/top-10-fat-burners

AnthroLats

Awards
I agree that more isn't always better. But in this particular situation, I want to know the positives or negatives of "more".

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hypothetically, yes but reality is these scenerios are plagued with tons of confounders (including the individual) which will signifienctly have an effect on the outcome. Ideally, if you are going to take multiple products, it would be best of you combine ingredients that compliment each other.