- 03-28-2005, 01:14 AM
- 03-28-2005, 08:46 AM
Yes you need carbs post workout. Lots of them. As far as the carb source, it really doesn't matter. I think Bobo recommends low gi carbs such as oats. I've always used dex/malto, but I might try oats to see if there is a noticable difference between the two.
03-28-2005, 03:15 PM
so do I need high or low gi carbs? I am confused....
the question is though, does my ON 100%whey protein already have some sort of fast acting carb in their concoction?
03-28-2005, 05:52 PM
it should have some sugar in it. but that is not enough for post cycle. Lots of people like to blend their oats within their shake so the oats resemble a liquidy mush within their protein, therefore passes through the digestive system quicker. I normally have oats and maybe some fruit for post cycle.Originally Posted by cable626
03-28-2005, 11:41 PM
so oats are a low gi carb, which gets absorbed slowly, so I put that in my PWO shake?
I do put oats in shakes, but not my PWO shake because I was under the impression that oats would prolong the absorption of the protein shake. (when in fact I was wrong and it is the total opposite)
Similar Forum Threads
- By shiby1510 in forum SupplementsReplies: 2Last Post: 03-22-2006, 04:24 PM
- By hypo in forum General ChatReplies: 0Last Post: 09-05-2005, 05:00 AM
- By toty in forum Weight LossReplies: 2Last Post: 04-01-2004, 07:01 PM
- By BIGNBUFF in forum Weight LossReplies: 2Last Post: 07-23-2003, 01:07 AM
- By Anabolic in forum SupplementsReplies: 6Last Post: 03-28-2003, 10:20 AM