Ursolic Acid Reduces Spermatogenesis

ucheoma

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What is ursolic acid, why would you take it, and what supps would you find it in? Just trying to gauge implications and risk exposure

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
What is ursolic acid, why would you take it, and what supps would you find it in? Just trying to gauge implications and risk exposure
it was a popular test boosting ingredient a while ago and came in spray format as well as pills. It will say ursulic acid in the ingredients if it contains any

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
This comes up almost anytime someone looks into UA. UA, to my knowledge, does nothing to increase testosterone, but it does have effect on body composition. UA is supposedly found in apple peels.

The effects on spermatogenesis appear to be temporary and return to normal once you stop taking the substance - or at least that seems to be what most people decide with further research. If you are looking to have a kid, you should avoid it. If you aren't trying at the moment, I wouldn't worry.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I remember when UA got all hyped up a couple years ago and people were flipping out about motility. Good times.

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Ursolic acid had a good amount of benefits. It is not a test booster. Greater for Recomp, fat loss, fullness, with health benefits. Had a bunch of hype when it first came out but the first version had terrible oral bioavailability. Patrick Arnold then released a more absorbable form as a transdermal and it works great.

Won't hear about it much hear because his lines don't have reps pimping his stuff all over the forums but he makes great products. Also, the sperm issue was somewhat insignificant and goes away if I remember correctly. I personally know two people who got their wives preggars while on it

Search for prototype nutrition UR spray or e-pharm pump spray

Drakee

Drakee

Awards
  • Established
Very old news. Does anyone even take ursolic acid anymore?

I guess companies just gave up on trying to get make a version of it with high bioavailability. Besides PA.

drinkyboy

Awards
  • Established
I've used it in the past and pump spray was great. Recently no

BigKrabbe

BigKrabbe

Awards
  • Established
Ursolic acid had a good amount of benefits. It is not a test booster. Greater for Recomp, fat loss, fullness, with health benefits. Had a bunch of hype when it first came out but the first version had terrible oral bioavailability. Patrick Arnold then released a more absorbable form as a transdermal and it works great.

Won't hear about it much hear because his lines don't have reps pimping his stuff all over the forums but he makes great products. Also, the sperm issue was somewhat insignificant and goes away if I remember correctly. I personally know two people who got their wives preggars while on it

Search for prototype nutrition UR spray or e-pharm pump spray
Thank you for replies. I've used ursolic acid plenty of times, as well as know all the info on it. Oral is garbage. If you read my initial post it said nothing about test levels only sperm. I also mentioned I planned on making a HOMEMADE transdermal, screw spending 50 a bottle for a small dose lol. Regardless of how efficient it is at lowering sperm motility there are several studies backing that it does so if someone like me is trying to get their wife pregnant not a good idea to take. I'm sure plenty of people have conceived on it, then again plenty of people conceive on 2g of AAS not saying much there :)

ucheoma

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thank you for replies. I've used ursolic acid plenty of times, as well as know all the info on it. Oral is garbage. If you read my initial post it said nothing about test levels only sperm. I also mentioned I planned on making a HOMEMADE transdermal, screw spending 50 a bottle for a small dose lol. Regardless of how efficient it is at lowering sperm motility there are several studies backing that it does so if someone like me is trying to get their wife pregnant not a good idea to take. I'm sure plenty of people have conceived on it, then again plenty of people conceive on 2g of AAS not saying much there :)
No disrespect, but it's difficult to follow your train of argument. Are you saying you're not going to take ursolic due to risks on sperm motility or are you saying otherwise and you're going to go ahead with your homemade remedy?

BigKrabbe

BigKrabbe

Awards
  • Established
No disrespect, but it's difficult to follow your train of argument. Are you saying you're not going to take ursolic due to risks on sperm motility or are you saying otherwise and you're going to go ahead with your homemade remedy?
I'm not arguing anything my man lol. I think you think I was looking for advice maybe but I was not. Simply putting info out there as many men don't realize the repercussions of even NHA's and other supplements they take. If you read my initial post thoroughly you would see that I said I was doing further research on ursolic acid as I planned on making a transdermal..however I am trying to conceive with my wife so do not plan on taking it now due to it reducing sperm motility.

Kickstart7

Kickstart7

Awards
Interesting. For a 22 year old guy like myself that just got out of pct, is it a bad idea to take it? I've been using it for about 2 weeks now orally. I want kids someday but I guess it seems that it's not permanent so that's good.

BigKrabbe

BigKrabbe

Awards
  • Established
Interesting. For a 22 year old guy like myself that just got out of pct, is it a bad idea to take it? I've been using it for about 2 weeks now orally. I want kids someday but I guess it seems that it's not permanent so that's good.
It is fine in pct. It does not mess with LH, FSH, or test levels. Since the sperm motility effects are only temporary go for it! I'd use pump spray or ur spray at double the dose it calls for though which is pricey or you can make your own transdedmal for extremely cheap.

Kickstart7

Kickstart7

Awards
It is fine in pct. It does not mess with LH, FSH, or test levels. Since the sperm motility effects are only temporary go for it! I'd use pump spray or ur spray at double the dose it calls for though which is pricey or you can make your own transdedmal for extremely cheap.
thanks man!

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Just an FYI - UR Spray does not contain Ursolic Acid. It contains Arginine Ursolic Acetate - which is a modification of the compound to help it pass through the skin, etc. PA obviously claims UA isn't as good transdermally without the modification. Let us know how it works with your homebrew though...I would be interested.

BigKrabbe

BigKrabbe

Awards
  • Established
It does contain ursolic acid, just as Arginine Ursolic Acetate = Ursolic acid attached to arginine and an acetate ester to make it more bioavailable I believe.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It does contain ursolic acid, just as Arginine Ursolic Acetate = Ursolic acid attached to arginine and an acetate ester to make it more bioavailable I believe.
That is my point - the molecule has been modified, which I believe has to do with the fact that UA metabolizes as it passes through the skin, becoming something different before it hits the blood. By modifying it, PA got the AUA to metabolize into UA as it passes through the skin. Or something of that nature. In other words, UA will not make it to your blood stream transdermally if you start with UA.

furion

furion

Awards
  • Established
That is my point - the molecule has been modified, which I believe has to do with the fact that UA metabolizes as it passes through the skin, becoming something different before it hits the blood. By modifying it, PA got the AUA to metabolize into UA as it passes through the skin. Or something of that nature. In other words, UA will not make it to your blood stream transdermally if you start with UA.
I don't think the skin would express any enzymes that would be active on a highly lipophilic triterpenoid like ursolic acid- so metabolism at the skin level would be unlikely. Lipophilic compounds actually pass through the skin fairly well. I would assume the modification of ursoliic acid to an arginine acetate salt would be as means to increase solubility in the base. Even though ursolic acid is soluble in alcohol- which seems to the be main ingredient in the base- I would assume this would be at a lower concentration- well much lower then the arginine acetate salt.

BigKrabbe

BigKrabbe

Awards
  • Established
I'm sorry but to my knowledge there is zero legitimate scientific evidence backing any of that. Please post if you have anything besides strictly anecdotal theory or people describing how much better AUA works transdermally than UA itself does orally.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Great info - this is basically why I haven't tried transdermal UA. That and the fact that it can be messy to work with...but once you get it dissolved it's probably easy.