Creatine O Phosphate

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
dosage? I've read anywhere from 2-6 grams.

Dosing? I've read daily, to only preworkout.

Regular COP fine, or pay double for PN's Effervescent?

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
From what I've seen, 1.5 - 2.0g COP pre workout only. Effects are acute.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would go 2 grams pre workout

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What confuses me is the wording from Patrick Arnolds blog write up.

"Since my product contains nothing but COP and is priced modestly it allows people to try the stuff out in the daily multi-gram doses that one needs to take for it to really be effective."

Sure PA stands to make a profit, but he's done a pretty good job of not promoting his PN line.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I would go 2 grams pre workout
Correct ^^^ most research was done on COP over a decade ago

R. De Gasperi did resaerch showing that there was an increase in TUT (Time Under Tension) associated with a 2g dose of COP in a pre-workout dose. During that trial these individuals also noted a drop in lactic acid build up (Similar to Citrulline Malate), increase in muscular contractions (similar to CM as stated above), and had benefits to acting as an intra-cellular buffer

COP would enhance increasing glycolysis in the presence of lactic acid, harder and longer training, and also recruit dominant muscle fibers, which may break down during fatigue.

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
Like others have said effects are acute so taken pre is the best. CreMax actually has COP included in it for the performance enhancing benefits

Big Papi

Awards
  • Established
pretty sure this stuff primarily acts as a phosphate donor (a la creatine). i use it religiously at 2g pre, definitely notice a difference with it.

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It's been in my pre for a few years now. Was contemplating switching to make my own. Only if it's cheaper, so I was wondering how long 100 grams would last Me: 50 workouts apparently.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Would you dose this in addiion to you regular creatine dose? Sorry if this is a stupid question, but COP is new to me. I'veseen it and used it in other products, but never solo

frankz2

frankz2

Awards
Would you dose this in addiion to you regular creatine dose? Sorry if this is a stupid question, but COP is new to me. I'veseen it and used it in other products, but never solo
Yes. Preworkout as it's benefits are acute.

aloosecannon

Awards
  • Established
Yes. Don't let the name confuse you, creatinol o phosphate isn't creatine.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
No offense to anyone, but this is a severely under-studied compound on oral consumption for sports performance (Awesome! for the heart when injected at 3g though). 1979,1980,1981, 1984 (mostly in Italian with the word "Influenza" in them) - then abandoned it appears. You'd think if it was that great, we'd see more. I found a 2008 BB.com "article" that seemed more marketing copy than anything. 100g for $16? Anyone got links to any oral dosage performance studies in the last decade or so?

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No offense to anyone, but this is a severely under-studied compound on oral consumption for sports performance (Awesome! for the heart when injected at 3g though). 1979,1980,1981, 1984 (mostly in Italian with the word "Influenza" in them) - then abandoned it appears. You'd think if it was that great, we'd see more. I found a 2008 BB.com "article" that seemed more marketing copy than anything. 100g for $16? Anyone got links to any oral dosage performance studies in the last decade or so?
The study of ergogenics has always been under studied. Recently we are seeing an increase in research in this field, but it still pretty limited overall. The interest in improving performance outcomes isn't that high (at least not here in the states. I believe places like New Zealand and/or Australia has an higher emphasis placed on this field)

Islander73

Awards
I agree with you here. Only thing is I've used COP quite a bit and it does work for me.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The study of ergogenics has always been under studied. Recently we are seeing an increase in research in this field, but it still pretty limited overall. The interest in improving performance outcomes isn't that high (at least not here in the states. I believe places like New Zealand and/or Australia has an higher emphasis placed on this field)
If it didn't make me shart like a mofo, I would consider trying it out again, but as it stands, the Molecular Nutrition product which was essentially COP + LCLT, trying one bottle of it was enough for me. LoL.

As an aside, seems like a good number of people also get sharts with COP and that is supposedly a sign that one is using actual COP and not some bunk stuff (heard there use to be a lot of bunk COP circulating).

Reactions: mw1

Big Papi

Awards
  • Established
If it didn't make me shart like a mofo, I would consider trying it out again, but as it stands, the Molecular Nutrition product which was essentially COP + LCLT, trying one bottle of it was enough for me. LoL.

As an aside, seems like a good number of people also get sharts with COP and that is supposedly a sign that one is using actual COP and not some bunk stuff (heard there use to be a lot of bunk COP circulating).
it's an osmotic effect. oddly enough, i've become somewhat accustomed to it. last week i upped the cop dose to 3g on chest day to see if i can push out a few more reps now that i'm on a cut and was very happy with the results.

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
I used Peak Beta + up to 12 caps (3 servings) preworkout with no effect or side effects whatsoever. You guys seem to have better (or worse, lol) luck with it.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I used Peak Beta + up to 12 caps (3 servings) preworkout with no effect or side effects whatsoever. You guys seem to have better (or worse, lol) luck with it.
That's the one! Yeah, I would probably not be in a good place at 3 servings. 4 caps alone did me in for the better part of the day. Lulz.

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
Maybe you got a good batch and I got a bad one.

Anyway, it is claimed to work like beta alanine and I respond to that acutely but in large doses. About 9-10 grams split in 3 doses 3 hours apart and once I get towards the end of the sets the weight suddenly gets much lighter and controllable. Weird about the COP not working.

Islander73

Awards
I've used both the bulk powder form and the peak beta one that was mentioned. I have to say the peak beta worked quite a bit better. Ditto for the sharts as well....... unfartunately.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards

Oh, I agree to a point, for sure... but Creatine, for example, has 711 studies listed on Examine - with quite a few as new as 2013. Compare that to C.O.P. with 4 Italians from 35 years ago :) I just may buy the cheapest bulk powder, and try to figure out a way for my kid to mix up my PrWO with/without it for a month or two. Of course, I'm susceptible to "Reverse Placebo" because I don't think it does anything orally :)

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh, I agree to a point, for sure... but Creatine, for example, has 711 studies listed on Examine - with quite a few as new as 2013. Compare that to C.O.P. with 4 Italians from 35 years ago :) I just may buy the cheapest bulk powder, and try to figure out a way for my kid to mix up my PrWO with/without it for a month or two. Of course, I'm susceptible to "Reverse Placebo" because I don't think it does anything orally :)
Makes quite a number of people shart like crazy, myself included :p So can't really say it doesn't do ANYTHING orally.