20-hydroxyecdysone?

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've seen this in some products recently. When I google it cant find any studies done on it but instead find a bunch of supplement names that are discontinued with really low ratings.
So what does it do? What is an effective dosage?

koi1214

koi1214

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've seen this in some products recently. When I google it cant find any studies done on it but instead find a bunch of supplement names that are discontinued with really low ratings.
So what does it do? What is an effective dosage?
IFN15 can help you with your ecdy questions.

IFN15

Awards
I have and it just gives me studies that show its non harmful to the liver and those are irrelevant if it doesn't work.
The reason most say ecdy doesn't work is because it needs to be dosed very high do get the desired effects. It would be very expensive to take ecdy at those type of doses. Honestly it wouldn't be worth it at that point. We complexed ours with a cyclodextrin to enhance the absorbtion to where you could get a good effect from the lower dosages. To answer your question though it has very very low toxicity level and the non working is from the dosages typically taken are not enough to notice any effect.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The reason most say ecdy doesn't work is because it needs to be dosed very high do get the desired effects. It would be very expensive to take ecdy at those type of doses. Honestly it wouldn't be worth it at that point. We complexed ours with a cyclodextrin to enhance the absorbtion to where you could get a good effect from the lower dosages. To answer your question though it has very very low toxicity level and the non working is from the dosages typically taken are not enough to notice any effect.
Can you explain how it works or refer me to a study that explains in what mechanisms that it works? Sorry I'm kind of a weirdo about things like this because I love the science of this kinda stuff.

piochon

Awards
Recently was published a paper titled: Estrogen receptor beta is involved in skeletal muscle hypertrophy induced by the phytoecdysteroid ecdysterone. The authors conclusion was "These findings provide new therapeutic perspectives for the treatment of muscle injuries, sarcopenia, and cachectic disease, but also imply that such a substance could be abused for doping purposes." (Mol. Nutr. Food Res. 2014, 58, 1861–1872, DOI 10.1002/mnfr.201300806). This is a good Journal.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for the input everyone!!! I got alot of reading to due after school ;)

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've always heard this is the inferior form of ecdy (if any form is effective that is...). Ecdy standardized from rhapontimum carthamoides (sp)? tends to be what most companies used I think

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Recently was published a paper titled: Estrogen receptor beta is involved in skeletal muscle hypertrophy induced by the phytoecdysteroid ecdysterone. The authors conclusion was "These findings provide new therapeutic perspectives for the treatment of muscle injuries, sarcopenia, and cachectic disease, but also imply that such a substance could be abused for doping purposes." (Mol. Nutr. Food Res. 2014, 58, 1861–1872, DOI 10.1002/mnfr.201300806). This is a good Journal.
First, molecular nutrition and food research is actually a low tier journal. Second, authors have made conclusions like this on ecdy for decades, but the problem of delivering ecdy to its pharmacological target has never been overcome

braskibra

braskibra

Awards
First, molecular nutrition and food research is actually a low tier journal. Second, authors have made conclusions like this on ecdy for decades, but the problem of delivering ecdy to its pharmacological target has never been overcome
hmmm sounds like another product I know

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
20-hydroxyecdysterone is just one of couple effective ecdysteroids.
There are some russian studies.done pn skateboard guys,powerlifters etc.
It showed increase in endurance, strength,size etc.

Ecdysteroids are pretty effective and one of my fav is Turkesterone. Increased my Hemoglobin after one week.

Ecdysteroids works but its expencive.
The good thing with them are they are healthy too. Not only do they increase protein synthesis,nitrogen retention, maximal oxygen uptake etc. They are adaptogens.

Honestly, if your goal is to build size and strength ArA and PA would do the same job for less money. But if you have more than enough money, adding ecdysteroids from trusted source would be a nice add .

The sad thing is,nowadays, to many brands do claim they have real ecdy..many brands are underdosed, some even dont contain ecdy at all and some use cheap raws just containing trace of ecdysteroids.

Real ecdysteroids should provide nice pumps,musclefullness,increased endurance,strength and size

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
What you stated Danes is unfortunately literally impossible. It takes 9 days for erythropoiesis to occur. Your hemoglobin will not rise in 7 days...from anything (including EPO). You were likely just dehydrated on your second blood draw

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What you stated Danes is unfortunately literally impossible. It takes 9 days for erythropoiesis to occur. Your hemoglobin will not rise in 7 days...from anything (including EPO). You were likely just dehydrated on your second blood draw
Inpossible or not, i can assure you it has happened not just one time.
I am not here to lie or spread jokes around. I am here to report my honest feedback of things that worked for me.
Actually when you mention EPO, my doc asked me if I was playing with EPO since HB Increased.

Maybe it was couple days more than 1 week. But it increased HB each time I took Turkesterone

I am not sure if you have seen a study where turkesterone was as good as nerobol for that.

" its capacity for simulating erythropoiesis turkesterone resembles the well-known steroidal anabolic drug nerobol."

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Forgot to mention:
My HB levels are : 15.7 at normal
with Turkesterone (ajuga turkestanica extract containing other ecdysteroids such as ponasterone,cyasterone,ajugasterone and other) increased up to 17.8-18.1

is it a big change? Maybe not, but it does something. Me and other can deff see the changes when I am on Ecdysteroids.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Danes, those second values are diagnostic of polycythemia and very dangerous. You are at high risk for stroke and pulmonary embolism. Please look into your health before supplementing these things

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Danes, those second values are diagnostic of polycythemia and very dangerous. You are at high risk for stroke and pulmonary embolism. Please look into your health before supplementing these things
Thanks for your advice and I do agree.
It is not good for my sleep apnea either

Big Papi

Awards
  • Established
chris bosh says hi.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey so this maybe a dumb question but is there different forms ecdy? Not like different plants its from but like sterols(don't think that's the right word but oh well)?

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey so this maybe a dumb question but is there different forms ecdy? Not like different plants its from but like sterols(don't think that's the right word but oh well)?
Yes. Different ecdysteroids