Ashwagandha Dosage/Brand

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Finally getting around to trying this, but there seems to be so much conflicting info on dosage/brand/dosing/cycling.

Swanson carries 3 types.

Sensoril® Withania somnifera
(minimum 8% withanolide glycoside conjugates and 32% oligosaccharides) (fresh roots and leaves)
125mg 120 caps

KSM-66®
Ashwagandha Extract
(made with certified organic ashwagandha) (Withania somnifera) (root) (standardized to minimum 5% total withanolides)
250mg 60 caps

Swanson
Ashwagandha extract
(Withania somnifera) (roots) [standardized for 1.0% total alkaloids (4.5 mg), 1.5% total withanolides (6.75 mg)]
450mg 60 caps

What is my best choice? All are priced relatively similar, with the Swanson brand being cheapest.

Dose Am and PM or only PM? I've read of possible slight sedation.

How long can I stay on before cycling off? Or is a 5/2 protocol possible for long term use?

Nyrin

Awards
What is this product do?
It's an adaptogen. Lots of 'general health' benefits, but particularly good for stress relief/relaxation. Examine.com's summary is decent: Ashwagandha - Scientific Review on Usage, Dosage, Side Effects | Examine.com

OP, both Sensoril and KSM-66 are good extracts. You mainly want to avoid any non-standardized ones, as you have no idea how useful (or useless) a blind dose is.

I'd recommend starting out with a dose in the evening, then consider adding a morning dose if you tolerate it well. I've never experienced any acute sedation effects from it (and I'm somewhat skeptical of accounts claiming it), but always better to err with caution.

My favorite was the Sensoril in Abyss Unparalleled -- I hope that product makes a comeback.

I'm not aware of any toxicity or dependency issues that make cycling it necessary, but I'm sure the boilerplate recommendations for things without tons of long-term safety data apply.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have not used KSM-66, but hear a lot of good things about it. I have used Sensoril and did not notice anything different than the other products I have tried.

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So just pick one and follow dosing protocols on bottle?

I want to make sure I'm getting my money's worth and/or don't have to buy 2 bottles for double dosing.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Why would you feel like you'd need to "double dose"? Do you normally need to do that?

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
No, but let's say swanson brand is 450mg twice a day for a total of 900mg, but the recommended dosage for ashwagandha is more in the 2000mg a day range, than their product would be underdosed and there for call for doubling up. I'm just being hypothetical.

I know extracts are different for all three here, but why is one 125mg twice daily, one 250mg twice daily, and the other 450mg daily?

Nyrin

Awards
No, but let's say swanson brand is 450mg twice a day for a total of 900mg, but the recommended dosage for ashwagandha is more in the 2000mg a day range, than their product would be underdosed and there for call for doubling up. I'm just being hypothetical.

I know extracts are different for all three here, but why is one 125mg twice daily, one 250mg twice daily, and the other 450mg daily?
Very wide therapeutic range. From the Examine article:

The lowest effective dose for acute usage of ashwagandha, and perhaps [highlight]the most cost-effective dose, is 300-500mg.[/highlight] The [highlight]optimal dose is 6,000mg a day usually divided into three doses (2,000mg)[/highlight] and while 300-500mg is effective for most situations a lower dose of 50-100mg can be seen as effective in few instances such as reducing the immunosuppression seen with stress and augmenting anxiolytic (anxiety reducing agents).
There's no standardization mentioned here, but we can assume that higher-potency standardizations like Sensoril or KSM-66 are a bit more potent gram-per-gram (I'd have to dig into the cited studies to see if they controlled for standardization or not). Nevertheless, 250mg qd and 900mg qd are likely well within the therapeutic range for a higher-quality product.

More might be more beneficial, but it's a case of diminishing returns. Do you want to use the product at a 200-300% increased rate for an extra 20-30% efficacy? Up to you.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Extract % is equally as important as the mg with ashwaganda.

sinewave3

sinewave3

Awards
  • Established
Standardized extract is usually best, but my local health food store carries bulk powdered herb and i really like it for the relaxing effect at 1/2 tsp

Jakethaniel

Jakethaniel

Awards
  • Established
Is the one titled only Ashwagandha Extract on Swanson not good?

I was planning on getting it and running it at around 12 caps a day, so 5.4g

Jakey

Awards
Really want to try this (i've heard it's good for anxiety and other things). Struggling to find it in the UK though. :(

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Based on the various products/extracts and online literature, it appears you want to shoot for around 20-30 mg of withanolides per day for optimal results (however, what constitues "optimal" results will vary for each person). Products containing the Sensoril ashwagandha extract are typically recommended to be dosed at 125 mg twice each day. The sensoril extract is standardized to 8% withanolides. So, this would provide you with approximately 20 mg of withanolides per day. Products containing the KSM-66 ashwagandha extract are typically recommended to be dosed at 250-300 mg twice each day. The KSM-66 extract is standardized to 5% withanolides. So, this would provide you with approximately 25 mg of withanolides per day. If you're just using the a bulk powder (which are typically standardized to less than 2.5% withanolides) then you would have to dose even higher.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
I have Jarrow Sensoril @ 225mg/120 Caps. Bottle says 1 per day, I take 2. I couldn't even tell you if it does anything - but it's supposed to :) I use Now Rhodiola along with it.

Interestingly, Jarrow switched from Sensoril to KSM-66 on Jan 16th, as per their website for the product. No idea why (price?).

Jakethaniel

Jakethaniel

Awards
  • Established
Does anyone know the extract that was used in the study in which participants took 5g's?

I know the study that showed a 17% rise is test was KSM-66 at 3 caps of 225mg.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ashwagandha for reducing anxiety and stress (and cortisol):
300mg of a 1.5% extract twice daily:
Naturopathic Care for Anxiety: A Randomized Controlled Trial ISRCTN78958974
300mg of a 5.0% extract twice daily:
A Prospective, Randomized Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study of Safety and Efficacy of a High-Concentration Full-Spectrum Extract of Ashwagandha Root in Reducing Stress and Anxiety in Adults

Ashwagandha for physical performance:
500mg (aqueous extract) twice daily (the study didn't list the standardization %, but the supplier used in the study seems to have a 1.5% extract) :
Effects of eight-week supplementation of Ashwagandha on cardiorespiratory endurance in elite Indian cyclists
500mg (aqueous extract) once daily (again, didn't list the standardization %):
Effects of Withania somnifera (Ashwagandha) and Terminalia arjuna (Arjuna) on physical performance and cardiorespiratory endurance in healthy young adults

The first study (500mg x2) I linked in regards to ashwagandha and performance was conducted in elite Indian cyclists, and noted a 12.6% increase in VO2 max (as well as improvement in time to exhaustion relative to placebo), while the second study (500mg x1) was conducted in untrained healthy individuals, and noted a 6.9% increase in VO2 max (as well as improvements in average absolute power, average relative power, and balance relative to placebo).

With these 4 studies in mind (there are more out there), I am currently taking 500mg twice daily of a 1.5% aqueous root extract. I may try a 5% extract at the same dose in the future, but I really don't think it is necessary, as I am liking the results from the 1.5% extract, especially in regards to stress and anxiety reduction.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
So 7.5mg of Withanolides, twice a day, is what you are doing, it seems. That's 15mg total. Glad to see that works well for you. 8% Sensoril of a 225mg Capsule, is 18mg Withanolides. That's a 4 month supply of the Jarrow I have... it was pretty cheap too. Next up should be a Rhodiola thread :)

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There is a remarkable difference between 1.5, 2.5 and 5% with regards to anxiety, IMO. As the extract goes up, as does the overall calmness. This may be good or bad depending on why someone is taking it, but combined with rhodiola, the calm mind and physical energy are a winning combination.

1.5% did little for me
2.5% is what I have been taking for years with great success and enjoy it
5% is what I started taking recently and it is very nice so far. It takes a lot to agitate me, even at work.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There is a remarkable difference between 1.5, 2.5 and 5% with regards to anxiety, IMO. As the extract goes up, as does the overall calmness. This may be good or bad depending on why someone is taking it, but combined with rhodiola, the calm mind and physical energy are a winning combination.

1.5% did little for me
2.5% is what I have been taking for years with great success and enjoy it
5% is what I started taking recently and it is very nice so far. It takes a lot to agitate me, even at work.
Have they been aqueous/water extracts at lower extract %? The only extract higher than 1.5% I've taken was a 5% from a bulk supplier, which I didn't really notice anything from, and it didn't have that characteristic Ashwagandha smell that the other extracts I've tried have. Have the higher % extracts you've used had that characteristic Ashwagandha smell?

And Ashwagandha and Rhodiola is a great combo. Together with caffeine and Theanine, it's incredible. Add in some bacopa and ALCAR and its my go-to school stack (engineering major).

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So 7.5mg of Withanolides, twice a day, is what you are doing, it seems. That's 15mg total. Glad to see that works well for you. 8% Sensoril of a 225mg Capsule, is 18mg Withanolides. That's a 4 month supply of the Jarrow I have... it was pretty cheap too. Next up should be a Rhodiola thread :)
Rhodiola studies seem to mostly use the SHR-5 extract, which, unlike most rhodiola supplements, seems to have a decent percentage of rosavins AND salidrosides. It seems to be standardized to between 2.5-3% rosavins and around 2.5% salidrosides (from the studies I've seen). I've tried a 3% salidroside extract, and I like it, but I'm going to try an extract that is between 2-3% of both, as I think it should be much better. Perhaps I'll just pick up some SHR-5.
I've seen studies use anywhere from 100mg to 555mg with success. The study using 555mg also used 370mg, and saw no significant differences between groups, and studies using 100-200 mg/day have also had very nice results, so a lower dose seems to be, at the least, more cost-effective than a higher dose.
Studies:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10839209
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12725561
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11081987
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19170145

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
Look into BPS adrenosurge! Its a good formula made for adaptation! It has some good sleep qualities too!

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Re: rhodiola- I have found that I respond best to 3% rosavins and 1% salidrosides. I have bulk powder in 3.6%rosavin and 3% salidrosides and found it is too "edgy" and I think that comes from the high content of salidrosides as I also have some bulk in 1% rosavin and 4% salidroside and it is very speedy and not relaxing at all.

Dosage is important, but the extract is much more so.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Re: rhodiola- I have found that I respond best to 3% rosavins and 1% salidrosides. I have bulk powder in 3.6%rosavin and 3% salidrosides and found it is too "edgy" and I think that comes from the high content of salidrosides as I also have some bulk in 1% rosavin and 4% salidroside and it is very speedy and not relaxing at all.

Dosage is important, but the extract is much more so.
I have noticed that the 3% salidroside extract I have can be a bit "edgy" if taken alone (without ashwagandha and/or theanine). Still, I think I'll give the SHR-5 extract a go, since it is what's been used just about all of the studies. I found one seller who is selling 180mg SHR-5 for $0.25 per day. The other option is, as you said, 1% salidroside and 3% rosavins, and is $0.15 per 250mg capsule. Both are more expensive than the bulk 3% salidroside powder, but I think they're worth a try. If I like them better, then I'll look into fining another bulk source.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I like KSM because the NON-withanolide portion (95% of it) is double-extracted for both hydrophilic and hydrophobic components, so you get a nice spectrum. Sensoril is a close second

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I like KSM because the NON-withanolide portion (95% of it) is double-extracted for both hydrophilic and hydrophobic components, so you get a nice spectrum. Sensoril is a close second
Thanks for the tip. I did notice that one of the studies using KSM mentioned that it is "produced by a unique extraction process, based on the principles of ‘green chemistry’, without using alcohol or any synthetic solvents," and the studies on performance mentioned using aqueous extracts. It makes sense that the KSM extraction method would be ideal, but would it also be safe to say that an aqeuous extract would be preferable to an ethanolic extract, considering that Sensoril is also a water-based extract?
The current aqueous extract I'm using is standardized to 1.5%, and I'm taking 500mg 2x daily (15mg withanolides per day) and it's costing me $0.13/day. If I were to take the KSM at 5%, 250mg (1 cap) 2x daily, I'd be getting 25mg withanolides per day, and that'd cost $0.23 per day. I think I'll give it a try. I think that should be a good dose to start at. Now, my question for you is do you think there would be any benefit to dosing higher than the 500mg/day at 5% withanolides? I know that the two studies measuring increases in VO2 max were in different populations, and likely using different testing, but the study using 1000 mg/day of an aqueous extract noted almost double the percent increase in VO2 max compared to the study using 500 mg/day of an aqueous extract (although this would be a much better comparison if I knew that the withanolide content was the same, but neither study seemed to state this).

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have noticed that the 3% salidroside extract I have can be a bit "edgy" if taken alone (without ashwagandha and/or theanine). Still, I think I'll give the SHR-5 extract a go, since it is what's been used just about all of the studies. I found one seller who is selling 180mg SHR-5 for $0.25 per day. The other option is, as you said, 1% salidroside and 3% rosavins, and is $0.15 per 250mg capsule. Both are more expensive than the bulk 3% salidroside powder, but I think they're worth a try. If I like them better, then I'll look into fining another bulk source.
I finally gave the SHR-5 extract (Swedish Herbal Institute) a try a few weeks ago and found it to be too stimulating for me...definitely more stimulating than the extracts used by Gaia, New Chapter and Eclectic Institute.

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for the tip. I did notice that one of the studies using KSM mentioned that it is "produced by a unique extraction process, based on the principles of ‘green chemistry’, without using alcohol or any synthetic solvents," and the studies on performance mentioned using aqueous extracts. It makes sense that the KSM extraction method would be ideal, but would it also be safe to say that an aqeuous extract would be preferable to an ethanolic extract, considering that Sensoril is also a water-based extract?
The current aqueous extract I'm using is standardized to 1.5%, and I'm taking 500mg 2x daily (15mg withanolides per day) and it's costing me $0.13/day. If I were to take the KSM at 5%, 250mg (1 cap) 2x daily, I'd be getting 25mg withanolides per day, and that'd cost $0.23 per day. I think I'll give it a try. I think that should be a good dose to start at. Now, my question for you is do you think there would be any benefit to dosing higher than the 500mg/day at 5% withanolides? I know that the two studies measuring increases in VO2 max were in different populations, and likely using different testing, but the study using 1000 mg/day of an aqueous extract noted almost double the percent increase in VO2 max compared to the study using 500 mg/day of an aqueous extract (although this would be a much better comparison if I knew that the withanolide content was the same, but neither study seemed to state this).
Just in case you're interested, Nutrigold also uses the KSM-66 extract and is dosed at 300 mg per capsule. It's probably my favorite of all the ashwagandha extracts I've used.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Based on the various products/extracts and online literature, it appears you want to shoot for around 20-30 mg of withanolides per day for optimal results (however, what constitues "optimal" results will vary for each person). Products containing the Sensoril ashwagandha extract are typically recommended to be dosed at 125 mg twice each day. The sensoril extract is standardized to 8% withanolides. So, this would provide you with approximately 20 mg of withanolides per day. Products containing the KSM-66 ashwagandha extract are typically recommended to be dosed at 250-300 mg twice each day. The KSM-66 extract is standardized to 5% withanolides. So, this would provide you with approximately 25 mg of withanolides per day. If you're just using the a bulk powder (which are typically standardized to less than 2.5% withanolides) then you would have to dose even higher.
I just bought one called plnt ashwagandha, and its 95mg ashwagandha extract, 1.5% withanolides, which comes out to 1.4mg withanolides per cap, meaning I need to take over 15 caps to get over 20mg. Dammit lol. Each cap also has 380 bulk ashwagandha root that isn't standardized though. Dammit again.

dave39

dave39

Awards
  • Established
I'm a former police officer (only 4 years) and I developed an anxiety issue from working alone constantly. I'm trying to get away from prescription medications so I saw a naturopath. I was told that Ashwaganda, and a couple other supplements would help me so I've been taking 900mg per day along with 2/3 of my prescription med dose. No problem or difference in my stress and anxiety levels after cutting med dose down and I look forward to continuing my med reduction and utilizing the Ashwaganda for a natural remedy.
Try it out around 1 gram per day, you won't be disappointed.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm a former police officer (only 4 years) and I developed an anxiety issue from working alone constantly. I'm trying to get away from prescription medications so I saw a naturopath. I was told that Ashwaganda, and a couple other supplements would help me so I've been taking 900mg per day along with 2/3 of my prescription med dose. No problem or difference in my stress and anxiety levels after cutting med dose down and I look forward to continuing my med reduction and utilizing the Ashwaganda for a natural remedy.
Try it out around 1 gram per day, you won't be disappointed.
I love ashwagandha. I take 500mg of a 1.5-2.5% extract (depending on which source I'm using at the time) twice daily. Besides being awesome for anxiety and stress, there are even some studies showing nice athletic/performance benefits at 500-1000mg.

If you don't mind me asking, what are the other supplements you were told would help with anxiety. I've seen promising research for the following supplements, and I use them myself:
-ashwagandha
-bacopa (mostly for cognition/memory, but also seems to help with anxiety)
-kava (I only use this on rare occasions)
-holy basil (also has some research suggesting cognitive enhancement in healthy adults)
-tongkat ali (shown to reduce tension, anger, and confusion, as well as reduce cortisol and increase test in moderately stressed subjects)
-theanine (some evidence, but perhaps better for just promoting calmness without being sedating)

avega17

Awards
  • Established
I love ashwagandha. I take 500mg of a 1.5-2.5% extract (depending on which source I'm using at the time) twice daily. Besides being awesome for anxiety and stress, there are even some studies showing nice athletic/performance benefits at 500-1000mg.

If you don't mind me asking, what are the other supplements you were told would help with anxiety. I've seen promising research for the following supplements, and I use them myself:
-ashwagandha
-holy basil (also has some research suggesting cognitive enhancement in healthy adults)
-tongkat ali (shown to reduce tension, anger, and confusion, as well as reduce cortisol and increase test in moderately stressed subjects)
-theanine (some evidence, but perhaps better for just promoting calmness without being sedating)
I haven't tried Ashwagandha at that high of a dose, only 250mg 1-2 times daily (KSM-66) How do you dose Bacopa and Theanine?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I haven't tried Ashwagandha at that high of a dose, only 250mg 1-2 times daily (KSM-66) How do you dose Bacopa and Theanine?
KSM-66 is 5% withanolides I think? At least one of the KSM-66 bottles (from Swanson) says it's 5%. 250-500 mg of a 5% extract should be comparable to 500-1000 mg of a 2.5% extract, so I think you're fine there.

Theanine I dose at 200mg once or twice daily. I really enjoy it with 200mg caffeine, but it's still nice without caffeine.

I dosed bacopa at 165mg of a 50% extract twice daily (to match the 150mg of a 55% extract twice daily used in a bunch of studies), but more recently I've switched to taking the full daily dose once daily, as I read a study showing some acute benefits with a higher once-daily dose, although I'm not sure if there would be any difference between the dosing schemes once you've been taking it for weeks, as studies seem to show greater improvements after 8-12 weeks than only a few weeks.

dave39

dave39

Awards
  • Established

-ashwagandha
Hey man, my naturopath suggested that I take a "Stress B" vitamin, ashwaganda and Rhodiola.
There is a product called "OrthoAdapt" by AOR which is supposed to be good. She recommended it but I bought my supplements individually so I could see how my body reacts to them.

klind14

Awards
For anyone that takes ashwagandha to reduce anxiety and improve mood - at what time do you take your daily doses? Per the instructions on the bottle, I just started taking one capsule with breakfast and dinner. Each contains 300 mg of the ksm-66 extract. I like how it improves my mood and reduce my social anxiety so far. However, I don't like how tired I get. Does this reaction go away with time or is it better to just take both capsules right before bed? If taken only before bed, do the benefits to anxiety and mood carry over into the next day?

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just dose the 2 caps prior to sleep. Another benefit you'll get.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I just got my KSM 66 caps in today. They're 250mg each. I took one cap before class, I'm not sure if I really noticed anything.

I will try two caps at night tomorrow probably. Does taking with or without food really matter and do the reduced anxiety effects get better over time?

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I just got my KSM 66 caps in today. They're 250mg each. I took one cap before class, I'm not sure if I really noticed anything.

I will try two caps at night tomorrow probably. Does taking with or without food really matter and do the reduced anxiety effects get better over time?
It works pretty quickly, but give it a little more time. Stay at just 2 caps ED for another week or so. Then If you feel you need more then add in the 3rd cap. Also note although its effects are positive and noticeable it is not going to blow you away.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
That's kinda what I figured. Two caps split up or at once, like at night when I have the most trouble?

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I use NOW - 450mg Ashwagandha Standardized To Min. 4.5% Total Withanolides per cap. So you get 20.25 mg Withanolides. I was just dosing one cap in the morning with food. I'm not currently taking. I didn't notice any sedation. I'll have to be more mindful of that when I get back on it.

Glad I saw this thread.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Finally getting around to trying this, but there seems to be so much conflicting info on dosage/brand/dosing/cycling.

Swanson carries 3 types.

Sensoril® Withania somnifera
(minimum 8% withanolide glycoside conjugates and 32% oligosaccharides) (fresh roots and leaves)
125mg 120 caps

KSM-66®
Ashwagandha Extract
(made with certified organic ashwagandha) (Withania somnifera) (root) (standardized to minimum 5% total withanolides)
250mg 60 caps

Swanson
Ashwagandha extract
(Withania somnifera) (roots) [standardized for 1.0% total alkaloids (4.5 mg), 1.5% total withanolides (6.75 mg)]
450mg 60 caps

What is my best choice? All are priced relatively similar, with the Swanson brand being cheapest.

Dose Am and PM or only PM? I've read of possible slight sedation.

How long can I stay on before cycling off? Or is a 5/2 protocol possible for long term use?

Danes

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
According to examine:
Very common dose is 300-500mg.
The optimal dose is 6,000mg a day usually divided into three doses (2,000mg) and while 300-500mg is effective for most situations a lower dose of 50-100mg can be seen as effective in few instances such as reducing the immunosuppression seen with stress and augmenting anxiolytic (anxiety reducing agents).

Sensoril and KSM66 are both used in scientific studies and have their efficacy proven.

2 months on and couple of weeks off could be a good idea

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I use NOW - 450mg Ashwagandha Standardized To Min. 4.5% Total Withanolides per cap. So you get 20.25 mg Withanolides. I was just dosing one cap in the morning with food. I'm not currently taking. I didn't notice any sedation. I'll have to be more mindful of that when I get back on it.

Glad I saw this thread.
NOW stopped using the old label stating 4.5% withonolides years ago. They state mim 2.5%. Either you have old bottles or they are mislabeled.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
KSM-66 Ashwagandha

Highest concentration full-spectrum extract available, withanolides >5% deprived only from the roots of the plant.