Waterloss products

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys, Just wondered if any of you use products like 'water loss' from prime nutrition on a daily/regular basis?

I was thinking about when you weigh yourself obviously you fluctuate a ton, most of the time I go by the mirror.

But when cutting its nice to see numbers and if you were taking something like this, you would get a better reading of how your doing.

I literally know barely anything about water loss because I don't plan to compete in Bb'ing so have never researched it a ton. I'm guessing something like this can be taken 2-3x a week and you would be okay?

I may be sounding stupid but like I said I don't know anything about that sort of stuff... All I currently do is take vit c, potassium and drink at least 1-1.5gallons of water a day.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
They should never be taken on a regular basis, ever. Next to AAS probably the most important thing to cycle, some of then even warn to only use 3-5 days max.

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
If you're not competing I dnt see the need for it. It's not going to help your performance and wouldnt contribute to gains/improve health. Not to mention the impact on your "better looking" physique will be temporary once you regain all the water back.

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
They should never be taken on a regular basis, ever. Next to AAS probably the most important thing to cycle, some of then even warn to only use 3-5 days max.
This was what I thought tbh.

Apart from keeping sodium low, carbs, drinking plenty of water. Is there any additional supplement you feel may help?

It would be easier to see more changes in your body weekly with less water obviously. I know the lower bf% you are, you obviously hold less water, just thought it would be awesome to see progress if your at say 13-15%

The main reason for the post was to see if there was anything around that would help keep water down for the week.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
This was what I thought tbh. Apart from keeping sodium low, carbs, drinking plenty of water. Is there any additional supplement you feel may help? It would be easier to see more changes in your body weekly with less water obviously. I know the lower bf% you are, you obviously hold less water, just thought it would be awesome to see progress if your at say 13-15% The main reason for the post was to see if there was anything around that would help keep water down for the week.
You hit the big points of low sodium, more potassium, lower carbs.

Keto diets destroy water weight.

Estrogen or cortisol control does help, taking abliderate AMMO before bed I woke up looking leaner

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
You hit the big points of low sodium, more potassium, lower carbs. Keto diets destroy water weight. Estrogen or cortisol control does help, taking abliderate AMMO before bed I woke up looking leaner
That's the main things I focus on and there's no doubt the water does stay at bay to an extent... If I have a chest meal I can guarantee I'll be 5lb heavier... Minimum.

So I know my sodium levels etc are good.
Not a fan of keto, makes me grumpy haha :)

Perhaps it's mainly just a waiting game, keep lowing my BF and it become less apparent.

Thanks for the help bro.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Certain foods are natural diuretics. They obviously won't dry you out like some things out there, but worth looking into, especially if you enjoy the food.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
This was what I thought tbh.

Apart from keeping sodium low, carbs, drinking plenty of water. Is there any additional supplement you feel may help?
bad idea
you should never be keeping sodium low. Sodium low = disaster, it helps with transporting nutrients throughout the body, you should keep sodium as high as possible and using sea salt in all your meals which is beneficial. Lets also note that a sodium/potassium imbalance could cause cramps and be bad especially when you diet because you will cramp often.

Why do you need low carbs? Many people can diet year round on high carbs and get superior results, they have great benefits to t3, leptin, and hormone levels which can speed up fat burning, and weightloss. If you can diet on them why neglect them?

Weightloss products such as water pills should be cycled and used the very last weeks leading into a show (peak week) to help get the last bit of water out. Most people who use them are just not lean enough to justify using them and will be a waste of their money.

You cannot replace the caloric deficit, just stick to your diet to a T and keep the progress rolling, when you stall you know what to adjust. a touch of calories, a bit of cardio, or sometimes in a very long prolonged diet a diet break does wonders (a week diet break) to help restore metabolism and kick the body into over drive to diet down even further.

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
bad idea you should never be keeping sodium low. Sodium low = disaster, it helps with transporting nutrients throughout the body, you should keep sodium as high as possible and using sea salt in all your meals which is beneficial. Lets also note that a sodium/potassium imbalance could cause cramps and be bad especially when you diet because you will cramp often. Why do you need low carbs? Many people can diet year round on high carbs and get superior results, they have great benefits to t3, leptin, and hormone levels which can speed up fat burning, and weightloss. If you can diet on them why neglect them? Weightloss products such as water pills should be cycled and used the very last weeks leading into a show (peak week) to help get the last bit of water out. Most people who use them are just not lean enough to justify using them and will be a waste of their money. You cannot replace the caloric deficit, just stick to your diet to a T and keep the progress rolling, when you stall you know what to adjust. a touch of calories, a bit of cardio, or sometimes in a very long prolonged diet a diet break does wonders (a week diet break) to help restore metabolism and kick the body into over drive to diet down even further.
Thanks for the advice, I'll clarify a few things just so people get what I mean.

1. My sodium is around 2-4G per day so I guess that's okay.. RDA is 5.

2. Low carbs to me is around 180-200. I never go below 100, keeps me sane and full.

3. Cardio is done 4x a week, LISS at around 20-30mins (200-400cal)

4. I normally have a break with dieting around 10-12 weeks.

Sorry, probably should have mentioned all this earlier.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Sodium RDA is 2.3 g

You are fine there

jp_x_type

jp_x_type

Awards
  • Established
Personally I wouldn't mess much with the body's electrolyte balance through supplements that target it specifically. I'm not just talking about sodium here, but potassium and the other vital minerals as well, becsuse they all effect each others levels in the body. The balance is a delicate one that when altered can have a HUGE impact on geneeral well being, much more than one might immagine.

Like others have said, eating the right foods for your body will ultimately make you hold little water and work as it should.

Also watch out for food/sweeteners and stuff you eat that you might be allergic to without even knowing, even the most unsuspecting ingredients.

In my case, sweeteners are a big problem ingredient, and other foods that do not agree with me immediately make me hold water. I've done my trial and errors and it's quite impressive how even my appearance changes when the things I eat do not make me hold water because they agree with me. I have now eliminated these foods from my diet. I recommend you follow a similar approach if you wish to lose some water weight which you feel should be there

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Inhibit e and GFXT has made me shed water weight

Volvo140G

Volvo140G

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Arimistane dries some folks up, minor diuretic effect