Armistine and DAA?

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
Would there be any benefit to just taking those together? Strength or anything?

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What is your age?

DAA may give a boost to test, but not above normal limits. Arimistane will also boost test, due to the lowering of estrogen. Neither will boost it above normal.

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
I'm 22. My new job has had my sleep all kinds of messed up. I don't really have a problem getting to sleep I just feel like the difference in my sleep is affecting my hormones negatively

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm 22. My new job has had my sleep all kinds of messed up. I don't really have a problem getting to sleep I just feel like the difference in my sleep is affecting my hormones negatively
Before getting into supplement suggestions, can you define "all kinds of messed up"

Are you going to bed at a different time every night? Are you transitioning from a day shift to a night shift?

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
Before getting into supplement suggestions, can you define "all kinds of messed up" Are you going to bed at a different time every night? Are you transitioning from a day shift to a night shift?
Monday thru Wednesday I'm at work from 8am to 7 pm going to gym for about an hour and a half and going to sleep at around 10pm. Thursday I try to get up later so I try to get up around 2 or 3pm and going to the gym at around 4 because my shift Thursday-Saturday is 10pm-6am getting to bed at 7. On Sunday I go back for a 2pm to 10pm shift.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Monday thru Wednesday I'm at work from 8am to 7 pm going to gym for about an hour and a half and going to sleep at around 10pm. Thursday I try to get up later so I try to get up around 2 or 3pm and going to the gym at around 4 because my shift Thursday-Saturday is 10pm-6am getting to bed at 7. On Sunday I go back for a 2pm to 10pm shift.
That is pretty rough. You may just try some good old Melatonin. I think there are some studies on shift workers somewhere.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would go with Melatonin since it is cheap. If that does not work, Finaflex G8 is great for sleeping. You can also look into supps that claim to increase HGH. Those supps usually have ingrdients to help with relaxation and sleep. However, you do not want to become dependent on any type of supplement for sleeping.

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
If your looking for an Arimistane product and a way to increase sleep quality look into Alphamax.

Alphamax contains a full 300mg of 98% L-DOPA with ZMA. Users notice increase in sleep quality within the first 3 days generally. Falling asleep easier, having a more quality sleep and waking up more refreshed.

As well you get a full 75mg Arimistane plus other ingredients that will assist in boosting testosterone and performance.

highlander31

highlander31

Awards
  • Established
Plenty of studies on Melatonin and shift work. Works great. Need complete darkness for it to kick in though, so no computer or phone or any light when you are trying to go to sleep. Takes about 30 mins to kick in too so darkness during that time is key too.

Sleep affects a number of things as we all know (lots of hormone stuff too like Test, HGH, and cortisol), but shift work changes so many of these negatively. Fix your sleep first and it will make a world of difference.

DAA and Arimistane work well together, mainly if its longer than 1 month use of DAA, but no harm in using them together.

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
Plenty of studies on Melatonin and shift work. Works great. Need complete darkness for it to kick in though, so no computer or phone or any light when you are trying to go to sleep. Takes about 30 mins to kick in too so darkness during that time is key too. Sleep affects a number of things as we all know (lots of hormone stuff too like Test, HGH, and cortisol), but shift work changes so many of these negatively. Fix your sleep first and it will make a world of difference. DAA and Arimistane work well together, mainly if its longer than 1 month use of DAA, but no harm in using them together.
how would you dose the DAA and the armistane?

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
I would go with Melatonin since it is cheap. If that does not work, Finaflex G8 is great for sleeping. You can also look into supps that claim to increase HGH. Those supps usually have ingrdients to help with relaxation and sleep. However, you do not want to become dependent on any type of supplement for sleeping.
I just got a bottle of melatonin for like 5 bucks haha. Should 3mgs do it?

highlander31

highlander31

Awards
  • Established
probably 3g per day and arimistane at 50mg per day. 75mg is you wanted. Depends how long you are running DAA. I would recommend 6 to 8 weeks and start arimistane the last 4 weeks. There are some good guides to DAA hanging around here somewhere.

highlander31

highlander31

Awards
  • Established
JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What is your age?

DAA may give a boost to test, but not above normal limits. Arimistane will also boost test, due to the lowering of estrogen. Neither will boost it above normal.
Nothing OTC will give supraphysiological test levels

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Armistane does not work. Also anything above g of melatonin may make you feel groggy the next morning.

highlander31

highlander31

Awards
  • Established
I just got a bottle of melatonin for like 5 bucks haha. Should 3mgs do it?
read up on how to use melatonin for shift work. It will work really well for sleep during the day.

highlander31

highlander31

Awards
  • Established
A bit high IMO. Most people will only need 1mg of melatonin.
This is true, but the higher you go makes no difference. There has been no signs of toxicity with high doses along with no tolerance build up, addiction, or suppression of endogenous melatonin production when taking melatonin for extended periods of time and suddenly stopping.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
This is true, but the higher you go makes no difference. There has been no signs of toxicity with high doses along with no tolerance build up, addiction, or suppression of endogenous melatonin production when taking melatonin for extended periods of time and suddenly stopping.
Why risk the morning grogginess? I believe even 1mg would take a melatonin levels a little above average night time levels anyways (I'd have to follow up to confirm that).

I guess the question I would pose would be why would you want supraphysiological melatonin levels?

highlander31

highlander31

Awards
  • Established
Why risk the morning grogginess? I believe even 1mg would take a melatonin levels a little above average night time levels anyways (I'd have to follow up to confirm that).

I guess the question I would pose would be why would you want supraphysiological melatonin levels?
You are correct in 1mg melatonin being enough, but I dont remember whether the brain just takes/uses what it needs and just leaves the rest, or it just doesnt have any side effects of being super high.

You would want melatonin to mimic a "normal" nights sleep if you are a shift worker. You body cannot naturally release melatonin at 7am, when a lot of shift workers get home in the morning, so to get that normal sleep you would supplement with melatonin to tell the brain to shut down. This also needs darkness to kick in. Light will suppress melatonin release from the pineal gland, which is also why most places that have shift workers have super bright lights. Most people that take melatonin at night just are too busy or just dont want to shut down technology and sit in the darkness to allow things to naturally take over and allow a natural melatonin release. Even in a dark room watching TV or looking at a phone, melatonin is still slightly suppressed.

Anyways, you are correct in 1mg being enough, all I was saying is that there is nothing wrong with 3mg. And a lot of people seem to think they get better sleep with 5 or 10mg (who knows why whether its the more = better mentality placebo or it just kicks in faster since more is in their blood and can get to the brain sooner), so if there is no harm to a higher dose, just gauge what works for you. If you get groggy, then dial the dose back.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You are correct in 1mg melatonin being enough, but I dont remember whether the brain just takes/uses what it needs and just leaves the rest, or it just doesnt have any side effects of being super high.

You would want melatonin to mimic a "normal" nights sleep if you are a shift worker. You body cannot naturally release melatonin at 7am, when a lot of shift workers get home in the morning, so to get that normal sleep you would supplement with melatonin to tell the brain to shut down. This also needs darkness to kick in. Light will suppress melatonin release from the pineal gland, which is also why most places that have shift workers have super bright lights. Most people that take melatonin at night just are too busy or just dont want to shut down technology and sit in the darkness to allow things to naturally take over and allow a natural melatonin release. Even in a dark room watching TV or looking at a phone, melatonin is still slightly suppressed.

Anyways, you are correct in 1mg being enough, all I was saying is that there is nothing wrong with 3mg. And a lot of people seem to think they get better sleep with 5 or 10mg (who knows why whether its the more = better mentality placebo or it just kicks in faster since more is in their blood and can get to the brain sooner), so if there is no harm to a higher dose, just gauge what works for you. If you get groggy, then dial the dose back.
I actually find a smaller dose works better for me. As you said, though, everyone is different. I would personally start with the lower dose and work my way up :)

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
Thanks everybody for the feedback. Also, last night at around 10pm I took 3mgs and somehow managed to wake up at around 330am. For some reason this has been happening. I think i might try to up the dose to 6mgs tonight.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Thanks everybody for the feedback. Also, last night at around 10pm I took 3mgs and somehow managed to wake up at around 330am. For some reason this has been happening. I think i might try to up the dose to 6mgs tonight.
Were you able to fall back asleep at 330? I'd opt for reducing before increasing (unless you already have tried that and I missed it).

DarthGainer

Awards
I Think Coop said above 1mg could be worse for sleep.

highlander31

highlander31

Awards
  • Established
Skigazzi

Skigazzi

Awards
  • Established
BB.com thread with Coop and Synapsin both levying a smackdown of sorts

It sounds like 1mg dosed well-prior (couple hours) to bed is the proper way to go. More is pointless at best.
I agree, On nights when possible, I take mine right as its getting dark outside to best mimic when we'd naturally produce it.