GDA question...

DWeaver

DWeaver

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'm giving Burn 24 my first try. I've used Recompadrol and Glycophase. Without getting to technical, what's the difference between Burn 24 and the other two? I didn't feel like Recomp or Glyco did much for me. I'm about to start running a cut.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think Burn24's profile is better suited to cutting as opposed to Recompadrol, which is very good at mitigating fat gain. Glycophase is the least effective (but not saying it is useless) but it's also the cheapest.

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Burn 24 is more of a low stim fatburner than a GDA. Glycophase and Recompadrol results can vary upon dosing and diet. Both are great options with Glycophase being about 10 less. Ipersonally like all three products and don't think u can go wrong with any of them

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm giving Burn 24 my first try. I've used Recompadrol and Glycophase. Without getting to technical, what's the difference between Burn 24 and the other two? I didn't feel like Recomp or Glyco did much for me. I'm about to start running a cut.
Recompadrol didn't do much for you?

How many carbs were you eating and how were you dosing?

The products will have different ingredients as well as different MOAs which make them differ from one another.

Burn 24 is a great non-stim/GDA, especially for cutting.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Don't want to hi-jack the thread, but Kbayne you mentioned carbs and Recompadrol. What kind of carb intake would it really do best with? Just grabbed some to add soon for a slow cut, 150-200 carbs (low-moderate)

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Don't want to hi-jack the thread, but Kbayne you mentioned carbs and Recompadrol. What kind of carb intake would it really do best with? Just grabbed some to add soon for a slow cut, 150-200 carbs (low-moderate)
Recompadrol will work well for high or low carb. I would go 1 cap with 60-100 grams of carbs per meal. 2 caps with 100+ grams per meal.

Nyrin

Awards
I've recently been doing a cap of Glycophase (free with some X-Gels a long while back!) before my preworkout oatmeal (~60-70g carbs) and it's made a big difference in reducing workout bloaty feelings and increasing apparent energy during the workout. Now I'm really curious to try some other GDA products to compare!

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Burn 24 is more of a low stim fatburner than a GDA. Glycophase and Recompadrol results can vary upon dosing and diet. Both are great options with Glycophase being about 10 less. Ipersonally like all three products and don't think u can go wrong with any of them
correct

REcompadrol works on a traditional diet

But can also shine in low carb diets (not no carb)

Any of the options are IMO good

Post up diet maybe we can help you with dosing

Id especially like to help figure out what you feel recompadrol didn't do much for you

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Post up diet

If that low Id do 1 cap each meal

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Pretty simple diet at least through the week.

Breakfast:
2 scrambled eggs
Shredded cheese
6oz. Ground Turkey
Banana

Lunch:
Usually a big bowl of soup (Campbell's Hearty)
Raw broccoli and Carrots

No PWO nutrition right now because of X Gels

Post WO:
Protein shake an Granola/Protein Bar

Dinner usually get most of my calories and carbs. Whatever the family is having. Anywhere from 700-1000 cals and around 100 carbs.

Bed:
Protein Shake

Have already started this diet but haven't added the Recompadrol yet because I'm waiting to start any supps for a few reasons I'll just leave at that. But I have it, and will start it soon.

Macros usually land at:
2600-2800 cal
180-200 Pro
100-120 fat
150-200 carb

Will hit around 4000-4500 cals and 500-600 carbs on Sundays.

Scottfalcon

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not to sidetrack the thread again but what about gdas with a carb backloading diet, meaning only eating carbs post workout in the evening for anyone who hasn't heard of it?

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not to sidetrack the thread again but what about gdas with a carb backloading diet, meaning only eating carbs post workout in the evening for anyone who hasn't heard of it?
Carb backloading and GDA use works.

Unless you're consuming all of your carbs post-workout, then a GDA wouldn't be necessary.

Scottfalcon

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So then if only eating carbs post workout a gda isn't of any use at that point because your body will naturally be shuttling all those carbs into your muscles to replenish glycogen? What if the workout ends around 7, and i eat until ~11, would it be worthwhile to use them prebed?

Nyrin

Awards
So then if only eating carbs post workout a gda isn't of any use at that point because your body will naturally be shuttling all those carbs into your muscles to replenish glycogen? What if the workout ends around 7, and i eat until ~11, would it be worthwhile to use them prebed?
Your muscular uptake is going to be enhanced as long as your glycogen is depleted. Unless you had a lot of carbs before your workout that you were still digesting during and after your workout, it's a fair bet that you'll maintain that depletion until your next meal.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I never say there's no need for them even post workout

I still use them intra and post as it amplifies specific reactions / mechanisms favorable to limiting fat gain

And saying there's no chance of fat gain post workout is nonsense there's always a chance for fat gain no matter what

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
According to Keifer he says not to use GDA's with carb backloading. It is designed to follow the workout and also typically has a good bit of fats included in that window. Since most gda's do not specify which tissues become insulin sensitive they often increase sensitivity in fat cells as well. So according to him it can result in unintended fat gain.

However some of the GDA's out now have things in them to help limit fat storage as well so those would probably do well. Some have GDA ingredients that are more muscle specific as well. I know that GlycoShield added or increased the dose of one of those ingredients I think it was linoic acid or something that helps prevent fat storage. The ingredients are starting to run together in my head so I don't remember what it was.

All in all I don't think it is going to matter too much either way but since you asked specifically about Carb back loading i figured I would relay what the creator of it said regarding using GDA's with it.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Your muscular uptake is going to be enhanced as long as your glycogen is depleted. Unless you had a lot of carbs before your workout that you were still digesting during and after your workout, it's a fair bet that you'll maintain that depletion until your next meal.
I would think at that point it would be beneficial, sure you may still be a little depleted but the sensitivity starts falling off as time goes on and the exercise induced translocation of glut 4 is going to drop off regardless of if in a depleted state or not. Taking a good GDA that causes more Glut 4 translocation is going to upregulate the intake again.

This is how I use my GDA when I use one post workout it is typically a couple hours post workout. I tend to look for GDA with Berberine in them for this specific reason, it mimics the post exercise translocation of glut 4.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
PolishHamm3r77 Supplements 21
Supplements 16
Supplements 1
Supplements 31
Johnston Supplements 21