supplements during fasted cardio

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I've heard opposing opinions on this. I recently saw a video from my guy bios3 and he mentioned how bcaas during fasted cardio break the "fast". I know many people including myself who take them to prevent going catabolic. Just curious if anyone is up on this theory. When in a deficit, I make sure I'm BCAA saturated, but maybe itsore effective otherwise? What do you guys think?

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
He is over thinking it IMO

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
BCAAs contain calories.

Also, no cardio performed in a fasted state versus a fed state makes no difference at the end of the day.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That makes since i guess. It makes me feel better if i hit cardio first thing in the morning fasted with my aminos though haha

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Ijust think its and interesting theory. TheSolution thanks for the links, ima bout to start diving into these.

Btw I have personally been.doing fasted cardio with green tea coffee and yohimbe and recently alphamine and yohimbe and I can say the difference is night and day. I've seen result quickly and thermogenically its a huge difference. I definitely think those supps on fasted stomach work better. As far as bcaa I can't tell.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Ijust think its and interesting theory. TheSolution thanks for the links, ima bout to start diving into these.

Btw I have personally been.doing fasted cardio with green tea coffee and yohimbe and recently alphamine and yohimbe and I can say the difference is night and day. I've seen result quickly and thermogenically its a huge difference. I definitely think those supps on fasted stomach work better. As far as bcaa I can't tell.
Dont take BCAA's with Yohimbine
Y is best in a fasted state yet, but dont use BCAA's with it.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Dont take BCAA's with Yohimbine Y is best in a fasted state yet, but dont use BCAA's with it.
That's incorrect. Epinephrine's impact on insulin secretion will mitigate BCAA's transient insulin spike and the negative ergogenic effects in regards to dosing with yohimbe.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
BCAA's would spike insulin and that would take away from Y Correct?

http://www.jissn.com/content/5/S1/P20

Studies have shown that does anywhere from 8-24mg of active Yohimbine produced fat loss effects. I always heir on the side of caution when dosing any kind of compound that has stimulant effects on the body, especially this one since raised blood pressure and heart rate are the side effects that accompany the higher doses. Everyone is different and will react different to stimulants, so that's why I say it is always best to start small, assess any side effects, and then increase your dose in small amounts until you reach the desired or full dosing. The guide I learned from Lyle a long time ago was dosing at 0.2mg/Kg of bodyweight. So that means a 220lb bodybuilder (divide by 2.2 to get Kg) is 100Kg and would work up to a dose of 20mg of Yohimbine HCl, or eight capsules of Primaforce Yohimbine HCl. I would typically start this person at a dose of around half the full dose (in this case 10mg) and work my way up towards the full dose each consecutive session the person had no undesirable side effects.

Now that you are finally aware of Yohimbine HCl and the proper dosing, keep in mind that Yohimbine HCl's effects work the best in the absence of insulin, and its effects start to diminish the more insulin is present. But also be aware that a little insulin secretion does not just flip a switch and shut off all fat burning effects either. The body is not that black and white. For instance, Yohimbine HCl will work best in a fasted state, but will also work just fine if you took in, say, a scoop of whey early morning before your cardio and sipped BCAAs during. Most people think of insulin as a on/off switch and it just doesn't work that way. So keep that in mind when you are using various dieting approaches so that you don't think that Yohimbine HCl is only for those who do fasted cardio and/or a ketogenic diets. Furthermore, the whole point behind taking Yohimbine HCl is to breakdown the fat from those stubborn areas so that we can mobilize it and then eventually oxidize it and use it for fuel. That is why the ultimate time to take Yohimbine HCl (and the only time I recommend to bother taking it) is before low-moderate intensity cardio. Most people who are doing both weights and cardio like to combine them into one workout for obvious time reasons. In this case, what I like to do is have my clients take their dose of Yohimbine HCl about 15-20 minutes before they are finished with their weight workout. That way, the Yohimbine HCl is given enough time to start working in the body and be ready to start breaking down that fat by the time you hop on the treadmill (or bike, elliptical, etc.) to do your post workout cardio. Obviously if you have a cardio only training day, or have the luxury to split up your weight and cardio sessions, then the ultimate time you will get the most bang for your buck is with early morning cardio - either fasted or a scoop of whey beforehand.."

I know Tommy Jeffers wrote this before.

edit --

Just saw coop posted this:

There is absolutely no problem with your protocol OP. Exercise is the strongest inhibitor of insulin release (epinephrine), so insulinogenesis from BCAAs (which btw, is extremely transient) is a non-issue.

Total systemic exposure to insulin will dictate the extent to which yohimbine's effects are negated. 10g BCAA, even in the absence of exercise, will barel affect yohimbine's lipolytic capacity.

^^^

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I normally wil take yohimbine 15-30 mins before cardio. I won't take any bcaas aleast. an hour to an hour and half from that point, if at all.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
BCAA's would spike insulin and that would take away from Y Correct?
I didn't read that entire wall post, however I'm aware of proper Yohimbe dosing protocols. I was referencing prior to fasted cardio (and exercises impact on epinephrine) as well.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I would not mix BCAAs and Y pre, but Y pre and BCAAs intra is my preference.

Coop has covered this a few times saying that effectiveness should be maintained if you are working out with decent intensity.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I didn't read that entire wall post, however I'm aware of proper Yohimbe dosing protocols. I was referencing prior to fasted cardio (and exercises impact on epinephrine) as well.
I saw your bottom edit as well.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Insulin does work in an on/off switch fashion with regards to lipolysis. It inhibits it. This isn't a grey murky everyone is different area. It is physiology. What the author of that post is attempting to do is vindicate insulin but he is misinforming people at the same time.

So yes, insulin is not the bad guy and should not be feared but it certainly does inhibit lipolysis.

I will close by repeating my first post. You are over thinking this. Take your yohimbine and if you really want to take some aminos then go for it, and then go run.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Insulin does work in an on/off switch fashion with regards to lipolysis. It inhibits it. This isn't a grey murky everyone is different area. It is physiology. What the author of that post is attempting to do is vindicate insulin but he is misinforming people at the same time.

So yes, insulin is not the bad guy and should not be feared but it certainly does inhibit lipolysis.

I will close by repeating my first post. You are over thinking this. Take your yohimbine and if you really want to take some aminos then go for it, and then go run.
I'm not overthinking anything... I viewed a video about taking any supplements during fasted cardio, and it breaking the fast.I though i was interesting and decided to share. Thats all. I personally train at night so this doesnt really even apply to me, only on weekends do I do the fasted cardio. There's so much info floating around this site and others, that is contradictory. There is an article on the am homepage right now about supplements before training may not be as anabolic. I just wanted to strt up a thought provoking topic that wasn't a commercial for a sale I'm running that's all.