Defcon1?

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
Anybody tried it? I've heard it taste like sh*t but I've also heard a few good things

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Haven't tried it buts it's on my list. There are three reviews at strong. Some others on here really enjoy it. Just haven't personally got around to trying it. All the reviews says it tastes good too. Taste is a subjective one though ;)

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
Its a stim bomb from what ive heard. Not my cup of tea

rhino67jg

rhino67jg

Awards
It is a decent pre. Gives some good energy & focus, but after a while the effects seem to diminish. The taste isnt bad at all. Ive tried the watermelon. Its worth a try if your thinking on pulling the trigger.

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
It is a decent pre. Gives some good energy & focus, but after a while the effects seem to diminish. The taste isnt bad at all. Ive tried the watermelon. Its worth a try if your thinking on pulling the trigger.
Yeah I'm trying to find something like pre jym that doesn't have like 400mg of caffeine lol

SuppWithThat

SuppWithThat

Awards
We're not crazy about Defcon for the simple reason that there are way too many ingredients packed into that 6.21 proprietary blend to truly provide effective doses of each. The stims may make you feel energized as hell and go hard in the gym, but just don't think you'll be getting effective doses of Citrulline, Beta-Alanine, TMG, etc with just one serving...you won't

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
We're not crazy about Defcon for the simple reason that there are way too many ingredients packed into that 6.21 proprietary blend to truly provide effective doses of each. The stims may make you feel energized as hell and go hard in the gym, but just don't think you'll be getting effective doses of Citrulline, Beta-Alanine, TMG, etc with just one serving...you won't
that seems to be how it looks. Have you tried pre jym?

TeamTGB

TeamTGB

Awards
We have been having a few problems with the defcon we get in they are hard as concrete. The last few batches we get in half or more are like that, but it is a good product that gives good focus and tastes pretty good as well.

Cheranine

Cheranine

Awards
I heard a while ago that PL ended up fully listing defcon1's ingredients on FB coz they were sick of being accused of pixie dusting. Little known fact is that they list the caffiene on the label, just not by the ingredients (on the front or something) and I think from memory its 180mg caff per scoop.

Anyways, I have it and I love it. The taste is a bit ick after a while (pineapple) but I've never needed to go over 1.5 scoops (and im a stim fiend)

SuppWithThat

SuppWithThat

Awards
Pre JYM is definitely an all-around solid PWO which is why its been on our Top 10 Pre-Workouts list pretty much since it came out. Only thing is some people want a little more in terms of mental stimulation than Caffeine can offer, even at 300mg per serving, so it's not for everyone.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Pre JYM is definitely an all-around solid PWO which is why its been on our Top 10 Pre-Workouts list pretty much since it came out. Only thing is some people want a little more in terms of mental stimulation than Caffeine can offer, even at 300mg per serving, so it's not for everyone.
so you guys are another stack3d Or supplement reviews or both?

SuppWithThat

SuppWithThat

Awards
so you guys are another stack3d Or supplement reviews or both?
Stack3d does press releases, giveaways, and the occasional highly subjective review based on their personal experience with a product. We break supplements down and look at the research (or lack thereof) behind each ingredient in order to draw our conclusions. We also provide in-text references so our visitors can quickly/easily check the validity of any claims.

We're not trying to compete with subjective review websites, let alone supplement news websites. Subjective reviews are extremely important, but the science should not ignored when making a supplement purchase decision. We are simply a tool for users to better understand what goes into these products and why, as opposed to simply saying "its good" or "its bad". We actually don't report any industry news either...and that's kind of the whole point of Stack3d.

Thanks for providing an opportunity for us to explain how we fit into the industry.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
^ thanks and welcome. So you guys just go off labels? Or do you purchase the products? I find the others to be highly biased at times so just trying to figure you guys out lol. Looked at some of your reviews and I like what I see so far :) also like the idea behind it too.

SuppWithThat

SuppWithThat

Awards
We don't purchase the products we review, although over the years we've purchased and tried many of the products that we later reviewed on the site. Many companies choose to send us products, but its not a necessity for us to do a basic review.

The important thing to understand is that we are in no way shape or form trying to replace or compete with the user-generated/experience-based review sites out there. We're just trying to bring supplement users a better understanding of the science behind the products they are considering because this is, after all, one of the most confusing industries to navigate as a consumer.

Thanks for checking out the site. We plan on contributing as best we can to any and all discussions here on Anabolic Minds and are happy to have joined the community finally.

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
A bit late to this, but I really like Defcon1. Pineapple is better than watermelon IMO. Granted, I use it for the stim/focus effect. It definitely does not help with pumps/endurance. I find it to provide less stim and more "sense of well being" than Stimul8, which I usually use if I really need a kick in the ass.

I have had two bad experiences buying from one site in which I received my tubs minus the flavoring. The smell alone was horrid and I made the mistake of tasting it. I did send both back for full refunds.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
zpalrangi13 Supplements 18
BRUstrong Supplements 0
Supplements 15