My DAA Stack, Newbie: Help please!

VanWooly

Awards
20/Male/6'3/190/About 8%BF/Training primarily for Endurance and Strength- wanting to be an SF operator in the Army.
Alright so I picked up some DAA(sort of on impulse) the other day before doing much research. I knew already that it was supposed to increase test levels which is obviously always of interest.

It was 15 bucks for 33 servings at 3g per scoop so I figured why not. I know my test levels are basically peaked at 20 so I expected not much more than increased libido/mood and speeded recovery. After getting home and doing loads of research, like I typically do, I have again confirmed that the internet is filled with lots of conflicting information.

But I think the gist is that it increases test by up to approximately 30-40% after 12 days then levels out and begins to drop back to normal levels. I also know that with elevated test levels comes elevated estrogen; however, the guy who sold it to me insists the increase isn't substantial enough to see any sides! I've read though that it may increase prolactin, which I obviously want to avoid.

So currently I'm taking a whey isolate, a ZMA, and recently got some nitraflex I take before lifting days (4 per week). My question is how will DAA affect my dopamine levels because I've read mixed opinions on that. I've also read that it's better to take a product with 15-50% L-Dopa rather than a higher amount that you'll find in dopadex(98%). Do I need to worry about prolactin- I know B6 actually helps reduce that, which is found in my ZMA.

Should I take an AI like erase for maximal benefits during this "cycle", if you will. How does this stack look/is anything not needed or unsafe?

DAA: 3G -morning with pre or just before breakfast
Erase(not erase pro)- not sure of dosages yet
Dopadex-also unsure of dosage
And then of course my ZMA and protein/pre

Thanks guys, ANY advice/criticism is welcomed.

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
You don't need anything hormonal at this point. You need to focus on training and recovery.

For this purpose I recommend Iron Forged Nutrition's Most Wanted. It has Laxogenin and Ecdysterone wrapped in a cyclodextrin complex for increased bioavailibitly.

Take a look at some of the logs.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/263250-ifn-most-wanted.html
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/iron-forged-nutrition/262259-wesley-vs-most.html
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/259725-lean-gains-iron.html
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/259543-sponsored-log-most.html

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well as I do agree with Grayson, at 20 there is really no need to boost your test yet, you could optimize your gains naturally by other means. But you've bought the DAA and you're probably going to use it, so to answer your question, yes a product with L-Dopa will keep prolactin levels down. Inhibit P by SNS is a great product.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
20/Male/6'3/190/About 8%BF/Training primarily for Endurance and Strength- wanting to be an SF operator in the Army.
Do you already have 18X paperwork in hand? Good idea to focus on strength and endurance... you will not be maintaining muscle mass in the pipeline. As far as the DAA, unless you have the cash, maybe wait to see if you have signs of high estrogen and prolactin? Also, both are necessary in small amounts... too low can be as bad as too high. JMO, it's DAA for goodness sake :) And you're 20. Oh, please don't say 'Operator', SF needs to get away from Direct Action and go back to 'Hearts and Minds' and being 12 man force multipliers :)

VanWooly

Awards
Working on it at the moment, you know how recruiters are. But I definitely don't plan on signing unless 18x is written in my contract.

And so would you guys suggest the dopadex/erase stack or is inhibit-P more of an all inclusive option?

changemyoil66

Awards
If you are 18X and going into selection, I would cycle off of all supplements 3-4 months out. Because you wont be able to bring those items with you. And the cadre do search you prior to selection. You want your strength and endurance to be at a maximum with no supplement help.

But that aside, at 20, pretty much none of the things you bought will help you that much.

VanWooly

Awards
I'm probably 3-6 months out from BCT so i have some time. And yeah I'm mostly just interested in seeing the affects.. Any increase in testosterone will help in one way or another I think; I mostly just wanted speeded recovery, strength gains, etc.
Once I'm finished I definitely want to get some blood work done to see where I stand naturally.

changemyoil66

Awards
OP you are very far out from being considered for SF at least a 4 years. But like I stated above, for now don't take anything but eating more. Because you want to be at your normal levels without any help from supplements. 3-6 months time is enough for gaining endurance and strength. Make sure you focus on running, pushups, and pull ups.

VanWooly

Awards
Idk when you were in, and I don't pretend to know more than you, but you get 18x written in your contract, go to BCT, AIT, jump school, a pre-selection training phase, SFAS, and so on and so forth(assuming you make it through all of course). At least that's my understanding. It's written in your contract to take you straight through the pipeline rather than waiting years and years.

Nonetheless, as it stands I need improvement. My 2 mile run is about 14 minutes, pushups in 2:00 about 85, sit-ups 2:00 about 80, pull-ups about 20.. Strength wise: 365 deadlift, 335 squat, I never bench but about 280, dips for days. So I have a solid base and room for improvement.

changemyoil66

Awards
OP let me know by next year if you're in selection.

But all that aside, your strength does seem more than adequate. Of course there is always room for improvement, but you have 3-6 months to make gains. But since your goal is SF, its 80% mental and 20% physical. You can be the strongest guy there, but if you aren't mentally tough, you will quit in a week.

VanWooly

Awards
Haha alright, I wasn't trying to sound like a smart ass. I hope I am though. Otherwise idk what the hell else I'll be doing lol.
And yeah so I've heard. Obviously there's nothing one can do to really prepare for that aspect. I'm just worried about stress injuries.

changemyoil66

Awards
I wouldn't worry about injuries during basic. Its the other training that you have to worry about. When you have to ruck a 90lb sack 20 miles, the lower back gets shot. So deadlifts with high reps/moderate weight would be the most helpful compared to low reps and high weights.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Yeah, 18X is now (since ~2002) like the old 11X for Rangers - you go straight to getting a shot, no line unit time needed, E-5, etc... You need to get that 2 miler time lower - I suck at running but still managed a 12:20 leaving Basic.

VanWooly

Awards
Yeah thats my top priority right now. I just got back into running about 4 weeks ago actually at which time I ran a 15:30 2 mile. So significant progress at 14 minutes now. I obviously need to be sub-13:00 though.