Best health supplements

LEATHERFACE92

Banned
Awards
Hi, do you guys have any recommandations for health related supplements backed with studies? Any supplements that can improve longevity? Thanks a lot.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Diverse probiotic blends
Vitamin D
Zinc (but at a moderate dose)

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
There are tons of vitamins and minerals our there that can help with longevity. Research it and 9 times out of 10 you'll be able to find that product at strong supplement shop or at least a similar product like it.
www.strongsupplementshop.com

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Hi, do you guys have any recommandations for health related supplements backed with studies? Any supplements that can improve longevity? Thanks a lot.
So many supplements, so little money.

This is a very broad category

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lots and lots of options. I'll list what i personally use:
Fish oil, Na-R-ALA, cissus, CEL Cycle Assist. Don't knock the Cycle Assist until you look at the profile. Can be used as a great general health supp. I also use Orange Triad for multi.

LEATHERFACE92

Banned
Awards
Diverse probiotic blends
Vitamin D
Zinc (but at a moderate dose)
thanks

Generally speaking a micronutrient rich diet is a great way to achieve longevity, as well as regular exercise as discussed in this article "Skeletal muscle as a regulator of the longevity protein, Klotho" http://journal.frontiersin.org/Journal/10.3389/fphys.2014.00189/full.
thanks a lot I'm gonna read all of it, this is what you do?

So many supplements, so little money.

This is a very broad category
Yes for sure, but if you got anything in mind, say it, that always help

Lots and lots of options. I'll list what i personally use:
Fish oil, Na-R-ALA, cissus, CEL Cycle Assist. Don't knock the Cycle Assist until you look at the profile. Can be used as a great general health supp. I also use Orange Triad for multi.
I hear you, thanks.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
A good multi and fish oil are great places to start.

Then you can get into more d3, vit c, a joint supp etc
I stress a good multi tho, because some complete multis have it all in one shot.

Also great supplements that I don't see talked about are collagen. Contains protein and helps with joints. I was taking lean beef aminos for a while and my recovery and joints were great!

LEATHERFACE92

Banned
Awards
A good multi and fish oil are great places to start.

Then you can get into more d3, vit c, a joint supp etc
I stress a good multi tho, because some complete multis have it all in one shot.

Also great supplements that I don't see talked about are collagen. Contains protein and helps with joints. I was taking lean beef aminos for a while and my recovery and joints were great!
You're on point, I take collagen,joint support etc.... thanks for the message

TyMan14

TyMan14

Awards
  • Established
I use Orange Triad, Oximega, Green Tea Extract, and Hawthorne Berry for general health. And if I have some extra money, I half dose AI cycle support to keep everything running smoothly. Since I started this protocol I feel so much better than before. Worth the investment in my opinion.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Orange Triad + Greens, Orange Oximega Fish Oil, Orange Oximega Reds (our newest supp)

Granted that's all pending your diet...

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
A good multivitamin (i.e. orange triad) + fish oil (low-dosed)
Meriva Curcumin or theracumin'
Olive leaf extract
Vitamin D
Ashwaghanda

That's what I personally use. Cycle assist by CEL is also very good for general health

LEATHERFACE92

Banned
Awards
Olive leaf extract
Vitamin D
Ashwaghanda

That's what I personally use. Cycle assist by CEL is also very good for general health
yo...what do you think about taking some extra vit e ( tocotrienols only ) ?

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
Astaxanthin, BioAstin variety, at least 12mg daily. Super antioxidant and great for blood lipids and especially vision for me.

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Olive leaf extract
Vitamin D
Ashwaghanda

Just out of curiousity, why Meriva Curcumin or Theracumin instead of Longvida Curcumin? I'm just wondering if you know something I don't (especially with regard to longterm use) since I've personally noticed better results with Longvida than Meriva (using equivalent doses) for both back pain and mood. Never tried Theracumin.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Just out of curiousity, why Meriva Curcumin or Theracumin instead of Longvida Curcumin? I'm just wondering if you know something I don't (especially with regard to longterm use) since I've personally noticed better results with Longvida than Meriva (using equivalent doses) for both back pain and mood. Never tried Theracumin.
Longvida should be about as good as Meriva. I err on the side of Meriva because it has more clinical trials than any other brand. It also has the most stable blood levels, even if it doesn't peak as high.

Theracumin has the highest overall bioavailability. Longvida is the best for the neurological benefits of curcumin (which would make sense for you, given back pain and mood)

LEATHERFACE92

Banned
Awards
If you have the money, I'm a huge fan, but they're quite pricy
Just one concern,maybe you can help me, do you know if any study talk about the long term use of tocotrienols? Maybe in 10 years we will know that they are bad for us, because at the beginning we are not made to have that amount of tocotrienols everyday since tocotrienols are not something we can have everyday in our food like vitamin c etc.....

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Patience bro, it's the weekend lol. The issue with vitamin E actually appears to be that of the 8 forms, we get way too much alpha tocopherol from supplements, and this imbalance is actually bad for health outcomes. So balancing vitamin E intake, not just with tocotrienols, but with all 4 tocopherols as well, appears to be the way to go

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just eat some mixed nuts ^^

Active Hexose Correlated Compound(AHCC) has Multiple human studies and is used in many Japanese hospitals. It is the single best immune booster out there, but very pricy. Also good for the liver.

I recently saw a studie where it supposedly eradicated the HPV virus in mice.

Chemo patients also seem to love it.

Pec.Major

Awards
  • Established
Longvida should be about as good as Meriva. I err on the side of Meriva because it has more clinical trials than any other brand. It also has the most stable blood levels, even if it doesn't peak as high.

Theracumin has the highest overall bioavailability. Longvida is the best for the neurological benefits of curcumin (which would make sense for you, given back pain and mood)
what is this kind of curcumin? Is not all curcumin the same? I have a local health store that sells turmeric extract (curcuma longa) with piperine, which I use.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
what is this kind of curcumin? Is not all curcumin the same? I have a local health store that sells turmeric extract (curcuma longa) with piperine, which I use.
Curcumin has poor bio-availabity. Those methods above, allow for greater bio-availability. Plain Tumeric is great for straight up gut health though (doesn't need to absorb)... I put it on everything. Gotta love a month's supply for $1 at the grocery :)

Pec.Major

Awards
  • Established
Curcumin has poor bio-availabity. Those methods above, allow for greater bio-availability. Plain Tumeric is great for straight up gut health though (doesn't need to absorb)... I put it on everything. Gotta love a month's supply for $1 at the grocery :)
aah I understand! :)

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
lmao thanks for the joke
You're welcome. Standing by for anything else with proven heavy metal removal capabilities.

C-Phycocyanin; the molecule that pinpoints NADPH oxidase as central to disease processes and its inhibition now therapeutic.

I really did not see this coming, I thought Spirulina would have just been some hippy thing to consume for the B12 that is kinda healthy (like Chlorella turned out to be) but then C-Phycocyanin showed up and rocked my world.

I love this compound.

And yes, there is a study saying this can reduce arsenic buildup in the body. Guess what compound actually has evidence for detoxification rather than just being needlessly said to 'detoxify'? This guy.

- Kurtis Frank
$16 for 500g bulk - I laugh every day.

LEATHERFACE92

Banned
Awards
ok so we agree that for vitamins spirulina is useless, for the heavy metal removal capabilities, I didn't know about that, but do you really need that?

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Thought the topic was 'Best Health Supplements', not Vitamins, my bad. I assume some bad stuff creeps in occasionally...especially when I siphon gasoline.

LEATHERFACE92

Banned
Awards
Thought the topic was 'Best Health Supplements', not Vitamins, my bad. I assume some bad stuff creeps in occasionally...especially when I siphon gasoline.
don't act like that, I was just saying that most of the time spirulina is recommended for the vitamins content, this is why I say that, now if you are upset and can't get over it, go do something else

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
don't act like that, I was just saying that most of the time spirulina is recommended for the vitamins content, this is why I say that, now if you are upset and can't get over it, go do something else
Sorry I got under your skin, it was unintentional.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Idk how spirulina could be called useless. It's a superfood....

My vote always goes to natural sources of vitamins before lab made.

I was taking freash made double wheatgrass shots for two weeks a while back and i felt so much better. I switched to the powder for monetary reasons and it was night and day.

Also lecithin granuales would prob be a great health supp.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
I actually became interested in it when researching Lipid Peroxidation, and how to prevent it:

http://examine.com/topics/Lipid+Peroxidation/

Lipid Peroxidation

Change: Lowered

Magnitude of Effect Size: Notable

Scientific Concensus: 100%
See all 3 studies

Although there is no reference drug to compare the effects of Spirulina against, the decrease in lipid peroxidation as assessed by serum MDA is quite notable and is likely stronger than other supplements. A comparative study would be needed

hewhoisripped

hewhoisripped

Awards
  • Established
Ultra CoQ10, optimal body composition & hormonal state

hewhoisripped

hewhoisripped

Awards
  • Established
What dosage do you use and when do you take it?

I use to take it, but I stopped.
We recommend taking 2 capsules daily with meals. Please realize that our product contains a unique nano processing that allows higher absorption per mg of active, so a lower dose is needed compared to other CoQ10 products.

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
We recommend taking 2 capsules daily with meals. Please realize that our product contains a unique nano processing that allows higher absorption per mg of active, so a lower dose is needed compared to other CoQ10 products.
I'd be interested in seeing your studies showing the increased absorption it provides compared to other CoQ10 products.

hewhoisripped

hewhoisripped

Awards
  • Established
I'd be interested in seeing your studies showing the increased absorption it provides compared to other CoQ10 products.
No studies have been performed on our product in particular, but the increased bioavailability from the process is well documented in similar cases.

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No studies have been performed on our product in particular, but the increased bioavailability from the process is well documented in similar cases.
And by similar cases you mean other unrelated supplements...not CoQ10? Sorry, I just want to make sure I understand your statement.

henryv

Awards
  • Established
And by similar cases you mean other unrelated supplements...not CoQ10? Sorry, I just want to make sure I understand your statement.
It's a blend of CoQ10 cyclodextrin complexes and CoQ10 nanocrystals, both of which should lead to significant improvements in absorption over standard gel cap formulations. There are studies showing superior bioavailability of both of those forms of CoQ10, but none have been conducted on both together. If you'd like I can dig up some refs on cyclo- and nano-CoQ10?

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
How does this compare to KanekaTM Ubiquinol? Is yours Ubiquinone?

henryv

Awards
  • Established
How does this compare to KanekaTM Ubiquinol? Is yours Ubiquinone?
Yeah it's ubiquinone. In practical terms there's no difference between the two redox forms - and any slight differences in absorption between ubiquinone and ubiquinol will be overshadowed by the dramatic improvements coming via nanoparticulation and cyclodextrin complexation with the Ultra-CoQ10 formula.
Some time ago (way before Ultra-CoQ10) I wrote an article on the subject (of -ol vs. -one) that you might find interesting.

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's a blend of CoQ10 cyclodextrin complexes and CoQ10 nanocrystals, both of which should lead to significant improvements in absorption over standard gel cap formulations. There are studies showing superior bioavailability of both of those forms of CoQ10, but none have been conducted on both together. If you'd like I can dig up some refs on cyclo- and nano-CoQ10?
That's okay, I should be able to find them. Thank you.