LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'm going to say syntha - 6 orange smoothie. If you havent tried it you need. Its awesome!

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
but it's more expensive than most proteins!
Read their write up and reviews, you can get it for under $1 per serving and a lot of the cheaper ones are of questionable quality.

So many spiking scandals and false labels I like to be safe

A

anavar1715

Awards
Read their write up and reviews, you can get it for under $1 per serving and a lot of the cheaper ones are of questionable quality. So many spiking scandals and false labels I like to be safe
can u be more specific, I'm a noob and just started using this forum yesterday!

ScruffMcBuff

ScruffMcBuff

Awards
Fitness Pro Super Whey does the trick, really want to try the PES protein though, heard snicker doodle is damn good!

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
but it's more expensive than most proteins!
No it's not. PES Select is very competitively priced. Especially considering you know what you're getting, as well as the flavors being generally considered "good."

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
can u be more specific, I'm a noob and just started using this forum yesterday!
There have been several recent lawsuits against companies not meeting label claims,

They can add aminos like taurine, glycine, or creatine so the protein content registers higher in testing (nitrogen testing)

So a product labeled 25g could only actually have 15 or less

With protein you get what you pay for

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You can find Controlled Labs PROnom 23 for around $30 (Nutraplanet right now, I believe)

There's 3rd party lab testing on the product as well, as mentioned about other proteins being "spiked"

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Want it!! So sad i never tried it and difficult to get here in norway
Not sure on euro vendors but bdcc may know

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
You can find Controlled Labs PROnom 23 for around $30 (Nutraplanet right now, I believe) There's 3rd party lab testing on the product as well, as mentioned about other proteins being "spiked"
^ this is good stuff too

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
To me, the best protein is the one that goes down and sits like water and eliminates all soreness after taking as little as 25g post-workout.

That happens to be hydrolized protein. PeptoPro is good but expensive but hydrolized whey is cheaper and satisfies the condition above. When it comes to recovery and strength gains, I've found that 25g of the hydrolyzed variety works extremely well and cannot be even compared to 75g of any plain variety of whey, casein or egg albeit of perfect quality. Your experience, of course, may vary. You may be able to digest and benefit from those but not me.

As for taste, BNRG Proto Whey tastes the best but has a bit much fiber, 4DN Hydro Matrix is about the leanest of them all and tastes fine, the NutraBio Vanilla is among the best tasting but the xantham gum in it does not agree with me, NOW Foods Whey Hydrolysate is all natural and tastes good to me, MHP IsoPrime Beef is a good alternative to milk-sourced proteins and tastes good but does not mix well and foams a good bit, for those who care about those things.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There is no best protein. I would just stay away from anything spiked.

I would look into, in no particular order

PES
Cellucor
SAN
Universal
ON
Dymatize
Controlled Labs
XF
Bio-X
Beverley

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
To many good ones to list !

ArmstrongBrah

ArmstrongBrah

Awards
I've tried too many good ones to list but I am always pleased with any protein from ON. I also loved BPI. The strawberry cake flavor and vanilla granola was incredible both with chunks of dried strawberries and granola crunch.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I've tried too many good ones to list but I am always pleased with any protein from ON. I also loved BPI. The strawberry cake flavor and vanilla granola was incredible both with chunks of dried strawberries and granola crunch.
Couldnt stand the BPI mine were given away lol

Not sure on if i trust it or not yet.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Really? Which flavor did you try?
Banana Marshmallow was the one i actually was grossed out by (nit untypical for me with synthetic banana)

Wasnt impressed by the chocolate,

And the vanilla caramel was pretty weak flavouring.

I grabbed them on the buy two get one sale at you all know where.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
OP, you need to try PES Select Snickerdoodle. All 4 flavors are amazing but Snickerdoodle is the best IMO. I actually am in love with Snickerdoodle + Milk Chocolate.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Select
pronom
Scivation Whey
Blue star Whey Smooth
Animal Whey
USP Labs Banana/Strawberry

TyMan14

TyMan14

Awards
  • Established
PES Select is my favorite. But when I cant afford it, I grab Dymatize elite XT. Blueberry Muffin and Banana Nut are fantastic!

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
To me, the best protein is the one that goes down and sits like water and eliminates all soreness after taking as little as 25g post-workout.

That happens to be hydrolized protein. PeptoPro is good but expensive but hydrolized whey is cheaper and satisfies the condition above. When it comes to recovery and strength gains, I've found that 25g of the hydrolyzed variety works extremely well and cannot be even compared to 75g of any plain variety of whey, casein or egg albeit of perfect quality. Your experience, of course, may vary. You may be able to digest and benefit from those but not me.

As for taste, BNRG Proto Whey tastes the best but has a bit much fiber, 4DN Hydro Matrix is about the leanest of them all and tastes fine, the NutraBio Vanilla is among the best tasting but the xantham gum in it does not agree with me, NOW Foods Whey Hydrolysate is all natural and tastes good to me, MHP IsoPrime Beef is a good alternative to milk-sourced proteins and tastes good but does not mix well and foams a good bit, for those who care about those things.
HOLY BROSCIENCE BATMAN

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I always thought that PES was a little expensive also, until I sign up on the website for the insider deals, they can save you a lot of money !

ArmstrongBrah

ArmstrongBrah

Awards
Banana Marshmallow was the one i actually was grossed out by (nit untypical for me with synthetic banana) Wasnt impressed by the chocolate, And the vanilla caramel was pretty weak flavouring. I grabbed them on the buy two get one sale at you all know where.
Yep. You bought them when I did. If you ever decide to give them another shot, try Strawberry Cake. There is no "cake" flavor to it. But it is simply the most accurate strawberry tasting protein I've ever come across.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Maybe,
I do like USP labs Strawberry Cheesecake

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
here we go again...i tend to stick with a good isolate if at all possible or in the budget

if not, just make sure your reading labels for what was mentioned above which could skew the protein amounts

dkgreene88

dkgreene88

Awards
  • Established
I really like
MTS red velvet
Select All
Usplabs proteinAll
Pronom 23 chocolate

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Other than Select, XF UP 2.0 is an awesome choice. Specifically Banana flavor.

trg99

trg99

Awards
Jim stoppani has a pretty good protein out, kinda pricey but real good quality

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Best is subjective.

Assuming we're just talking about taste...

Choc PB and Choc Strawberry Trutein were fantastic
Apple Cinnamon and Rocky Road from a former sponsor were tasty
MyoPeptide Strawberry is great even just in water
PES Select is great
And I won't say who since it's not a sponsor, but there's a Thin Mint that tastes dead on to the cookies and I love it.

K

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Metabolic Drive
Quest
Select

For "not the greatest tasting but still a solid protein and affordable nonetheless" I stick with Dymatize Elite Whey, Elite Casein, and Elite Gourmet.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hydrolyzed whey and casein from true nutrition. A lot of people swear by peptopro as well.

Also heard pes select is bomb

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hydrolyzed whey and casein from true nutrition. A lot of people swear by peptopro as well. Also heard pes select is bomb
Peptopro is legit if you want to spend the cash for it.

PES Select is great as well being a MPI/WPC blend, obviously.

Tabascoonall

Tabascoonall

Awards
Select or Metabolic nutritonals PB cookie.

U

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Given proper labeling, there's no such thing as best protein. And taste is personal.

20g of protein = 20g of protein.
are you saying that 20gr whey=20g Soy=20 g Rice are all created equal? How about Cricket protein and Milk protein, the same?