Erognine + Target-A2 may improve body composition

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In addition to Ergonine's performing enhancing benefits, it also may posses some fat loss benefits. Here I will briefly review the mechanisms by which I think the combo of Ergonine + Target A2 will help create enhanced fat loss.

First, Target-A2
If you have read my other threads you are familiar with the process of lipolysis. If not let us review real quick. Essentially the catecholamine norepinephrine (NE) is released into the blood from the adrenal gland. When NE comes in contact with a fat cell it interacts with adrenergic receptors (AR) that are present on the cell. There are two kinds of AR on the fat cell, alpha & beta. If it binds to a beta-adrenoceptors a series of events takes place which ultimately results in the fatty acids being free'd from their glycerol backbone and diffuse through the cell membrane and enter into the blood. Now what abut the alpha-adrenoceptors? Well there exist an alpha receptor on the fat cell and an alpha-receptor on the vascular prejunctional terminals (this is where NE is being released from). The later one is the one we are concerned with. This one is known as the a2-adrenoceptor. When NE binds to the a2-adrenoceptor NE release is slowed down resulting in an inhibiting effect on NE mediated lipolysis. This is where Target-A2 comes in. By supplementing with Target-A2 we are able to antagonize or interfere with a2 activation.This results in more NE being released thus maximizing lipolysis.

Next, Choline & Carnitine from Ergonine
An important thing to consider is that fat loss doesn't stop at lipolysis. Once the fatty acids have been liberated they have to be oxidized (burned). If not they will be re-stored as fat. So we can think of fat loss as a 2 step process. The liberation of stored fatty acids (lipolysis) is step one and burning of those fatty acids (fat oxidization) as step 2. So we know how Target can enhance the lipolysis part of the fat loss equation but what about the fat oxidization part? This is where Ergonine comes in. Specifically Choline & Carnitine. A few years back a paper was published examing the effects of the combo carnitine, choline and caffeine had on body fat (Caffeine, Carnitine and Choline Supplementation of Rats Decreases Body Fat and Serum Leptin Concentration as Does Exercise). What the authors found was that supplementation with the stack (with or without exercise) resulted in decreased body fat levels via enhanced oxidation of fat. The caveat with this study was it was done in rats but likely the authors also did a follow up study with humans (Carnitine and Choline Supplementation with Exercise Alter Carnitine Profiles, Biochemical Markers of Fat Metabolism and Serum Leptin Concentration in Healthy Women). This study used healthy non-obese women instead of rats. You might be wondering, why did't I lead with the human study. Well it is because the human study had some significant differences as compared to the rodent study and really isn't a fat loss study per se. The goal of the human study was more about examining the mechanisms further and to see if they existed in humans. This is a great example of why when you are making evidence-based decisions you don't just relay on a single study. Taking the data from both of these studies we can conclude that Choline & Carnitine, when combined with something to maximize lipolysis, can result in increased fat utilization (aka fat burning!).

So by combining Target-A2 with Ergonine, we can create an increase both of the steps of fat loss. Target-A2 for increasing lipolysis and Ergonine to increase fat oxidization. NOTE: This will prolly come across as common sense "duh" comment to a lot of you but I will say it anyway. To truly maximize the benefits from these products, you must exercise. Remember there are no miracles. You must also put in the work via exercising and optimizing your diet

Another ingredient in Ergonine that may help improve body composition is Betaine

I have an older post here containing some of the research that has been done on betaine supplementation. In addition to increasing strength and power performance, there is some evidence for positive body composition changes from betaine. See this thread-> http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-science/234915-all-aboard-betaine.html which covers a study (that was published by a AM member RE: ZiR RED ;) ) that demonstrates the positive body composition effects of betaine supplementation.

The exact MOA is yet to be determined (unless there has been new research that I have not yet seen) but it looks like betaine supplementation may improve body composition and strength by: improving insulin and IGF-1 signalling directly and indirectly (by reducing resistin production); increasing GH output by building up in the hypothalamus and elevating GHrH; by increasing CPT concentrations and therefore improving fatty acid translocation into the mitochondria; and by reducing lipogenic enzyme activity (thus acting as a nutrient partitioner). Betaine also increases methylation capacity which will reduce Hcy-Thiol and thus improve protein synthesis. Lastly, there is also an idea circulating that betaine will suppress lipogenic enzyme activation and gene expression and lead to nutrient partitioning (this is the reasoning why betaine is commonly seen in animal feed)

So there you have it. The reasons why I think a stack consisting of Ergonine and Target-A2 will help improve body composition.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
<3 will be linking to this, great explanation as always brother!

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ergonine's many benefits continue to amaze

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Great write-up on an amazing stack, Josh!

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So i'm gonna have to be the first to ask why this isn't in company promotion section? Ok den.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
So i'm gonna have to be the first to ask why this isn't in company promotion section? Ok den.
I think its more supplement science, if anything

Promotions is more of a promotion/sale thing

Nyrin

Awards
It's definitely promotion-y, but I don't mind it so much when it's clearly a high-effort write-up that has useful information (particularly based in science) that's quite easily applicable to other products of your choosing, as well. It's the posts where it's just something like "<X> is so great, I use it all the time!" (from a rep of that company) that cross the line, IMO.

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The science might make people want to buy it. Hmm...

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am sorry you feel this thread is just a pimp attempt and not primarily an educational one. Yes I admit it is focused specifically on 2 products but I went into detail on what ingredient from those products were the ones responsible and provided reason why I thought so. Choline, carnitine & rauwolscine are fairly common ergogenics so the information provided here can be used to justify many products, not just these. These are just the ones I choose to use as examples.

I assure you my intentions are not to try and pimp a product or trick anyone. If you check my post history here on AM you will see I am not that kind of post. The majority of my postings are my attempts at truly trying to help others and advocate the use of science and scientific thinking within this field

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I am sorry you feel this thread is just a pimp attempt and not primarily an educational one. Yes I admit it is focused specifically on 2 products but I went into detail on what ingredient from those products were the ones responsible and provided reason why I thought so. Choline, carnitine & rauwolscine are fairly common ergogenics so the information provided here can be used to justify many products, not just these. These are just the ones I choose to use as examples.

I assure you my intentions are not to try and pimp a product or trick anyone. If you check my post history here on AM you will see I am not that kind of post. The majority of my postings are my attempts at truly trying to help others and advocate the use of science and scientific thinking within this field
No wonder ive been getting so shredded from Focus XT

Dat choline and carnitine

:D

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
No wonder ive been getting so shredded from Focus XT Dat choline and carnitine :D
I still have my pink sample. I would stack it with Nanaberry E9 but I'm afraid I would get too shredded ;)

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
So what would be the timing on this stack?
All discussed ingredients can be taken together, while fasted.

Best options being preworkout or upon waking

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No wonder ive been getting so shredded from Focus XT

Dat choline and carnitine

:D
make sure it is the caffeine one to increase lipolysis

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ordered this combo today. Already had some Alphaburn and some E9, but a little more E9 and some more Rauwolscine never hurts.

bb333

Awards
  • Established
Alphamine EU + SNS Focus XT Caffeine Free + Analyzed Supplements Target-A2 + Synthetic Supplements Forskolin-95

How does it look?
I would like to make this stack for 2 months!
of course in a period of low-calorie diet.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Alphamine EU + SNS Focus XT Caffeine Free + Analyzed Supplements Target-A2 + Synthetic Supplements Forskolin-95

How does it look?
I would like to make this stack for 2 months!
of course in a period of low-calorie diet.
Sounds solid. I'd only be careful of the total Choline content of Alphamine + Focus XT (maybe gradually build up doses of both as some notice GI issues with too much Choline). Otherwise that should be a sick combo. Focus + Fat Loss (through multiple pathways) + Muscle Preservation should be prevalent on that combo. :)

Chrisehyoung

Chrisehyoung

Awards
This combo is sitting in my cart right now. Just waiting until Friday (payday) to pull the trigger.