CORTISOL YEAR ROUND

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Is there a cortisol control supplement that can be taken year round, even while on a PH cycle?

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Is there a cortisol control supplement that can be taken year round, even while on a PH cycle?
don't need Cort control on a ph due to a positive shift in the glucocorticoid balance

I wouldn't take it year round

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
don't need Cort control on a ph due to a positive shift in the glucocorticoid balance I wouldn't take it year round
gotcha. having a high stress job, two young sons, and a mortgage to pay, the daily stress wreaks havoc on the adrenal system.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
gotcha. having a high stress job, two young sons, and a mortgage to pay, the daily stress wreaks havoc on the adrenal system.
Cortsiol is your bodys RESPONSE to stress to help you deal with it. Is lowering the hormone helping permanantly a good idea? Something to think on.

It is a very important hormone that gets a bad rap

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Cortsiol is your bodys RESPONSE to stress to help you deal with it. Is lowering the hormone helping permanantly a good idea? Something to think on. It is a very important hormone that gets a bad rap
very true. thanks for the knowledge. all you guys have helped me a lot thus far.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
For your purposes I think Adrenosurge is worth a try

You can add a sleep aid if needed too, loved Finaflex G8

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
very true. thanks for the knowledge. all you guys have helped me a lot thus far.
No problem :)

Try herbs like Ashwaganda or Rhodiola Rosea instead of something more potent

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
For your purposes I think Adrenosurge is worth a try You can add a sleep aid if needed too, loved Finaflex G8
I will definitely buy a bottle. if I ask buy AMMO, it can't hurt to take it as well, right?

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
No problem :) Try herbs like Ashwaganda or Rhodiola Rosea instead of something more potent
that works for me! will definitely stock up on those as well!

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
that works for me! will definitely stock up on those as well!
These are in Adrenosurge, but I do like ashwaghanda at a higher dose

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
Ashwaghanda needs very doses to be effective. About 3-5 grams worth taken every day.

It's very beneficial, but can end up being very expensive.

As others have said, you don't need cort support on a PH cycle. If anything you need it AFTER your cycle. In this case, I'd recommend SNS Reduce XT taken at week 3-4 of PCT with IFN Most Wanted. The Laxo in Most Wanted also reduces cortisol, so you attack it from both ends.

Another option is phosphatidylserine, but again... $$$$

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ashwaghanda needs very doses to be effective. About 3-5 grams worth taken every day. It's very beneficial, but can end up being very expensive. As others have said, you don't need cort support on a PH cycle. If anything you need it AFTER your cycle. In this case, I'd recommend SNS Reduce XT taken at week 3-4 of PCT with IFN Most Wanted. The Laxo in Most Wanted also reduces cortisol, so you attack it from both ends. Another option is phosphatidylserine, but again... $$$$
I am on reduce XT right now for pct. I will definitely look into most wanted. thanks brother!

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
I am on reduce XT right now for pct. I will definitely look into most wanted. thanks brother!
Anytime, man! If you do decide, make sure you use the code "engineer" at checkout for 15% off :)

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ashwaghanda needs very doses to be effective. About 3-5 grams worth taken every day. It's very beneficial, but can end up being very expensive. As others have said, you don't need cort support on a PH cycle. If anything you need it AFTER your cycle. In this case, I'd recommend SNS Reduce XT taken at week 3-4 of PCT with IFN Most Wanted. The Laxo in Most Wanted also reduces cortisol, so you attack it from both ends. Another option is phosphatidylserine, but again... $$$$
depends on extract

S

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
For your purposes I think Adrenosurge is worth a try

You can add a sleep aid if needed too, loved Finaflex G8
I agree with this. No need to suppress cortisol. Look into an adaptogen too like rhodiola roses or maybe ashwagandha.

K

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ashwaghanda needs very doses to be effective. About 3-5 grams worth taken every day.

It's very beneficial, but can end up being very expensive.
No it doesn't actually. In fact, in the study they did on Ashwagandha and cortisol control, they only took 600mg split into two 300mg doses a day to notice a significant reduction.

In addition to ashwagandha and rhodiola, I would recommend Relora.

M

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
All the adaptogens are good options. They don't lower cortisol...they optimize it. Thus, they can be used year-round.

The best ashwaghnda extracts are Sensoril or KSM-66.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
All the adaptogens are good options. They don't lower cortisol...they optimize it. Thus, they can be used year-round. The best ashwaghnda extracts are Sensoril or KSM-66.
vs brand at 4 per day will hit the amount you needed for the studies see on ksm66

Just saying lol I've tried it and I love it

Have you seen cocoawell true energy?i really like jr

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
AdrenoSurge has a 20:1 extract of Ashwagandha :) I'm taking it right now, and I love the sleep and mood effects I get. As far as cycling, I generally run two bottles back to back before stopping. I honestly don't think there would be a problem with year-round use.

For phosphtidlyserine, you could also look at OL Vital1ty. It's pretty darn affordable as well.

M

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
vs brand at 4 per day will hit the amount you needed for the studies see on ksm66

Just saying lol I've tried it and I love it

Have you seen cocoawell true energy?i really like jr
I highly doubt VS is the same. Withanolides are only one piece of the puzzle. KSM is doubly extracted, once aqueously and once ethanolically, to yield a true full spectrum extract.

What's the cocoawell?

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
AdrenoSurge has a 20:1 extract of Ashwagandha :) I'm taking it right now, and I love the sleep and mood effects I get. As far as cycling, I generally run two bottles back to back before stopping. I honestly don't think there would be a problem with year-round use. For phosphtidlyserine, you could also look at OL Vital1ty. It's pretty darn affordable as well.
just bought two bottles of adrenosurge and I am currently taking OL Vital1ty. yea brother!

Kickstart7

Kickstart7

Awards
Does aromistane do a solid job at Cort control?

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ammo is my fav Cort supp.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
All the adaptogens are good options. They don't lower cortisol...they optimize it. Thus, they can be used year-round.

The best ashwaghnda extracts are Sensoril or KSM-66.
So if a product just says: ashwaghnda extract (root), it's not that great then right?

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I highly doubt VS is the same. Withanolides are only one piece of the puzzle. KSM is doubly extracted, once aqueously and once ethanolically, to yield a true full spectrum extract. What's the cocoawell?
I'll send you the link hold up homie

Yes the vs brand was withanolides I must have over looked the other part when reading on the testosterone enhancing affects

http://reserveage.com/product/cocoawell-true-energy/

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I forgot how I felt when I took it until I started my current bottle. Hard to explain really. Thanks for the support, my man!
can adrenosurge be taken simultaneously with other supplements?

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Cortsiol is your bodys RESPONSE to stress to help you deal with it. Is lowering the hormone helping permanantly a good idea? Something to think on.

It is a very important hormone that gets a bad rap
This is true. It's generally a bad idea to intentionally lower cortisol (at least in my observation.)

However, it's almost a given that it's expression needs to be attenuated. Unless one lives a stress-free life, never gets sick, doesn't take fish oil or too many other Th2s, hasn't used orals too many years or any bromined fats/bread that eventually blunt thyroid function, has a radiation-free diet (good luck these days), etc, etc.. it's probably a good idea to consider an antagonist.

The adrenosurge product looks decent, and sedating, much like cortisol itself. That could provide symptomatic relief in the short-term, but it doesn't have the 2 main players: Vitamin C and DHEA. That's where I'd start. Ashwagandha for example, great results but very rapid development of tolerance. It needs to be cycled, so definitely not a "year round" solution. OLE is good too, but again you don't wanna get greedy with it. It should be reserved for cyclic and situational use IMO.

ryanp81

ryanp81

Awards
  • Established
wow looks very promising. would it also assist in cortisol suppression/control as a result of assisting the adrenal glands? and can it be taken year round, or does it have to be cycled?
Taking something like a cortisol supplement year round would be pointless IMO because your body will want to go back to homeostasis and will lose its effect ( Just a theory ) I would agree with the board member posts and give adrenosurge a try, it really is an awesome product....you will have to find ways to reduce stress, no pill will help long term.

BTW if you do want a kick ass cortisol/recomp product Core Hard hands down is the best...it's one of my favorite products ever.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This is true. It's generally a bad idea to intentionally lower cortisol (at least in my observation.) However, it's almost a given that it's expression needs to be attenuated. Unless one lives a stress-free life, never gets sick, doesn't take fish oil or too many other Th2s, hasn't used orals too many years or any bromined fats/bread that eventually blunt thyroid function, has a radiation-free diet (good luck these days), etc, etc.. it's probably a good idea to consider an antagonist. The adrenosurge product looks decent, and sedating, much like cortisol itself. That could provide symptomatic relief in the short-term, but it doesn't have the 2 main players: Vitamin C and DHEA. That's where I'd start. Ashwagandha for example, great results but very rapid development of tolerance. It needs to be cycled, so definitely not a "year round" solution. OLE is good too, but again you don't wanna get greedy with it. It should be reserved for cyclic and situational use IMO.
I think we need to revisit the pathways at which and the % / strength inhibition

Dhea while great there's other factors and conversions one o would suggest a lower dose With boron or just nightly dose of 7 keto at 50mg. Especially for those who rise with high blood sugar

How bout we bring 6-bromo back and shift the balance :)

M

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
So if a product just says: ashwaghnda extract (root), it's not that great then right?
That just means it may or may not be good. The extraction process isn't disclosed

This is true. It's generally a bad idea to intentionally lower cortisol (at least in my observation.)

However, it's almost a given that it's expression needs to be attenuated. Unless one lives a stress-free life, never gets sick, doesn't take fish oil or too many other Th2s, hasn't used orals too many years or any bromined fats/bread that eventually blunt thyroid function, has a radiation-free diet (good luck these days), etc, etc.. it's probably a good idea to consider an antagonist.

The adrenosurge product looks decent, and sedating, much like cortisol itself. That could provide symptomatic relief in the short-term, but it doesn't have the 2 main players: Vitamin C and DHEA. That's where I'd start. Ashwagandha for example, great results but very rapid development of tolerance. It needs to be cycled, so definitely not a "year round" solution. OLE is good too, but again you don't wanna get greedy with it. It should be reserved for cyclic and situational use IMO.
Not sure what you're talking about. Vitamin C is highly conditional for reducing cortisol and DHEA is a different animal altogether. Ashwaghanda has no
"rapid tolerance" LOL, studies up to 6 months show continued benefits. In fact, the way you suggest using it (situationally) is the worst way possible.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
That just means it may or may not be good. The extraction process isn't disclosed

Not sure what you're talking about. Vitamin C is highly conditional for reducing cortisol and DHEA is a different animal altogether. Ashwaghanda has no
"rapid tolerance" LOL, studies up to 6 months show continued benefits. In fact, the way you suggest using it (situationally) is the worst way possible.
Have you actually tried what I suggested, or the things you're talking about? Or is that just a study you read? If cortisol is elevated, there is necessarily a preexisting imbalance, so 'reduction' will be reduction in a relative sense. No?

I can certainly find studies to oppose your studies, lol, but that's futile IME. What's the reality of chronic cortisol manipulation? That's the topic. I did alpha and company clinicals on Ashwaghanda before you were even in pre-med coop, much less a member here. ;) Show me bloodwork, not more studies.

Olestra

Olestra

Awards
Black tea is a cheap, abundant addition to your diet that is proven to reduce cortisol. Maybe not as well as some of the other things mentioned, but it scores high in the simplicity department and is definitely more than safe to take year round. Plus it tastes pretty good.

F

Fbaz

Awards
Intertested, which dose of Vitamin C are we talking about?

N

niklasericson

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Phosphatidyl Serine 100mg 3x/day keeps cortisol under control.
I use it year around,I hate cortisol.