Highest dose of GMS ?

MultiVitamin

MultiVitamin

Awards
Curious what the highest dose GMS you guys would go? I usually throw 1-3g in pre-wo, and have gone as high as 6g, but I'm wondering if there's any safety precautions of anything possible with high dose GMS??? Lol

I threw in 4g today for a back workout and the vascularity was peeeeeeseful :D so I really wanna megadose tomorrow like 10-12g (which I'm assuming is fine), but it brought about the curiosity of this Q....

IIRC I read something about endurance athletes using like 60-80g+.... but don't quote me on that :p

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
.. IIRC I read something about endurance athletes using like 60-80g+.... but don't quote me on that :p
These articles are probably talking about 60 - 80g of glycerol not GMS. Not the same thing.

MultiVitamin

MultiVitamin

Awards
These articles are probably talking about 60 - 80g of glycerol not GMS. Not the same thing.
Right, it was a couple years ago lol.. Any verdict? Is there an unsafe dose?

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
Right, it was a couple years ago lol.. Any verdict? Is there an unsafe dose?
It would take a tremendous dose in all honesty. I usually aim for between 3-5g at most. Anymore and it's counterproductive imo

MultiVitamin

MultiVitamin

Awards
It would take a tremendous dose in all honesty. I usually aim for between 3-5g at most. Anymore and it's counterproductive imo
Cool cool.. I'm not in anyway looking to take more just for the sake of taking more lol

Usually do 1g, and 4 really had me pumped and brought about the curiosity of megadosing

-If anyone's dosed tremendously high, I'd love to hear some feedback (even 10g+ lol)

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Cool cool.. I'm not in anyway looking to take more just for the sake of taking more lol Usually do 1g, and 4 really had me pumped and brought about the curiosity of megadosing -If anyone's dosed tremendously high, I'd love to hear some feedback (even 10g+ lol)
Most people would/will go up to 6g, like when dose with ArA.

Quadzilla99

Quadzilla99

Awards
  • Established
If youre using glycergrow 7.5 grams of glycergrow is 6 grams GMS the rest is taurine iirc from what people dwtermined keep that in mind when calculating

MultiVitamin

MultiVitamin

Awards
If youre using glycergrow 7.5 grams of glycergrow is 6 grams GMS the rest is taurine iirc from what people dwtermined keep that in mind when calculating
Yes, I'm aware of that.. That's what I was using at the time

I now have Genomyx GMS.. Did 6g today, didn't notice anything really superior to 4g

Might try a 10+ dose tomorrow and let you guys know how it was

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Was not aware that Genomyx came out with gms...that a relatively new release?

MultiVitamin

MultiVitamin

Awards
Was not aware that Genomyx came out with gms...that a relatively new release?
Apart of their Basyx Series (includes DAA, Agmatine, TMG, etc.)

Not sure how new it is

Skigazzi

Skigazzi

Awards
  • Established
You could try bulk Hydromax, and dose 1g. I'm going to give that a try shortly.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
This is the highest I've gone, but honestly that was too much for me. So i can't imagine running 10 g... Typically I'm getting 2 g of high yield glycerol from Conqu3r, or I'll do 2 scoops of GG (so 4 g GMS). I hear that CL just reformulated GG (1.5 g/scoop) so two scoops now would probably be about right for me.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
This is the highest I've gone, but honestly that was too much for me. So i can't imagine running 10 g... Typically I'm getting 2 g of high yield glycerol from Conqu3r, or I'll do 2 scoops of GG (so 4 g GMS). I hear that CL just reformulated GG (1.5 mg/scoop) so two scoops now would probably be about right for me.
Yep, reformulated to 1.5g of glycerol per scoop.

tstak

Awards
Hey guys im currently on a ketogenic diet and have some Micro GMS i never used.

Would there be any negatives to taking Micro GMS before my morning fasted weight workout?

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey guys im currently on a ketogenic diet and have some Micro GMS i never used.

Would there be any negatives to taking Micro GMS before my morning fasted weight workout?
Not that I can think of. :)

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey guys im currently on a ketogenic diet and have some Micro GMS i never used. Would there be any negatives to taking Micro GMS before my morning fasted weight workout?
Nope. Good to go as bolt stated.

s_gautama

Awards
I dunno man, of the limited info online, this seems to suggest that too much could have adverse side effects. I can't post links, but google "gms supplement" and it should be the first thing that comes up. bodybuilding DOT com

Here is part of the upshot:

Is GMS safe?

Glycerin is of low toxicity & no significant adverse side effects are associated with it diluted with fluids but some subjects may experience headaches,nausea & diarrhea following glycerin consumption (Source).In those individuals where increased blood volume may be undesirable including conditions such as pregnancy,high blood pressure,severe dehydration, anuria,congestive heart failure,pulmonary edema,hemolytic anemia,diabetes & kidney disease glycerin supplementation should be avoided (Source).

The stearic acid in GMS is said to promote arterial thrombogenesis like other long-chain saturated fatty acids (Source).Although previously thought to be hypercholesterolemic is proven to not rise serum cholesterol levels like others of it's kind (Source).

irondude

irondude

Awards
Whats the difference between GMS and Glycerol?

Jakethaniel

Jakethaniel

Awards
  • Established
Yes, I'm aware of that.. That's what I was using at the time

I now have Genomyx GMS.. Did 6g today, didn't notice anything really superior to 4g

Might try a 10+ dose tomorrow and let you guys know how it was
Did you try it?

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The former is powder, the latter is liquid. It makes sense to use the powder version in powder products :)
This is only partially true. Although GMS contains some glycerol they are not the same thing. Glycerol Monostearate consists of glycerol monosterate and glycerol palmitate. And glycerol is just plain glycerol (glycerine).

DarthGainer

Awards
I'm getting a bit confused with the difference between Glycerol and GMS. Are they different or can both be used along side ARA?

What dosage should be used.

OG Glycergrow = 6g
Glycergrow 2 = ? (High Concentration Glycerol Powder (65% Glycerol)
AS Micronized Glycerol Monostearate = I take it still 6 g

JRob23

JRob23

Awards
  • Established
Same here. I run with 3g intra wo.

frankz2

frankz2

Awards
I'm getting a bit confused with the difference between Glycerol and GMS. Are they different or can both be used along side ARA?

What dosage should be used.

OG Glycergrow = 6g
Glycergrow 2 = ? (High Concentration Glycerol Powder (65% Glycerol)
AS Micronized Glycerol Monostearate = I take it still 6 g
The biggest difference is yield % of glycerol. Most GMS will be roughly 36% yield or there abouts while obviously hydromax or others can be 65-75% reducing dose necessary.

Essentially 6g GMS would be roughly the equivalent of 3g 75% yield glycerol (yes, I'm rounding).

squirtguns89

Awards
  • Established
idk how such a none beneficial supplement got the stamp of approval in the bodybuilding market.

DarthGainer

Awards
The biggest difference is yield % of glycerol. Most GMS will be roughly 36% yield or there abouts while obviously hydromax or others can be 65-75% reducing dose necessary.

Essentially 6g GMS would be roughly the equivalent of 3g 75% yield glycerol (yes, I'm rounding).
Great stuff frank, Makes sense now.

Est1995

Awards
The only problem with GMS is its a saturated fat. Take that into account when dosing because 10g GMS is 10g of fat I believe. Make sure it works into macros just like soy lecithin. Might as well buy bulk Hydromax. Cheap AF and a much higher glycerol yield.

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
^this I found one site, but shipping cost to europe is 40$ lololol
Instead try food grade liquid glycerol ( glycerine). You can find it in drug stores in Europe. You'll get 100% glycerol instead of 65% with hydromax and it cost much cheaper.

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm getting a bit confused with the difference between Glycerol and GMS. Are they different or can both be used along side ARA? What dosage should be used. OG Glycergrow = 6g Glycergrow 2 = ? (High Concentration Glycerol Powder (65% Glycerol) AS Micronized Glycerol Monostearate = I take it still 6 g
To use with ARA you need GMS not glycerol. You need emulsifying effect of GMS.

Est1995

Awards
To use with ARA you need GMS not glycerol. You need emulsifying effect of GMS.
Is that true? Reps were saying that the glycerol in ergonine would work with ARA and its hydromax.

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is that true? Reps were saying that the glycerol in ergonine would work with ARA and its hydromax.
I don't know what these reps mean by "work with ARA" maybe they mean you can take it with ARA. But GMS enhance emulsification in attempt to enhance the delivery of ARA. Something that glycerol can't do.

Est1995

Awards
I don't know what these reps mean by "work with ARA" but GMS enhance emulsification in attempt to enhance the delivery of ARA. Something that glycerol can't do.
What about the emulsification effects of Soy Lecithin and ARA?

frankz2

frankz2

Awards
What about the emulsification effects of Soy Lecithin and ARA?
Both lecithin and GMS have long chain fatty esters associated with them with GMS' coming through the stearic acid/stearate.

In order to say hydromax does not work in this context do you know what it is bound to? It could still be effective if still bound to a fatty chain for delivery but modified to yield a greater percentage upon breakdown no?