Ergonine

Chrisehyoung

Chrisehyoung

Awards
Anyone else going to be picking up a couple tubs of this? Definitely looks like a great product. I'm placing my order tomorrow.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Thanks for the support :)

I think all of our Insiders jumped on this with the intro pricing, and after we finally released the product details today

Chrisehyoung

Chrisehyoung

Awards
Insider pricing is crazy good and so are the reviews. I'm not surprised it's been popular.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anyone else going to be picking up a couple tubs of this? Definitely looks like a great product. I'm placing my order tomorrow.
I picked up one of each flavor. It's just such a complete supplement, and the price is unbeatable. I think that the combining of glutamine and l-alanine instead of going with l-alanyl-glutamine to keep costs down is a great move, and I love that it has a full dose of HICA. I recently stopped taking HMB-FA due to how expensive it is, and replaced it with HICA, and I'm liking it. The ferulic acid also looks promising, and who doesn't love Hydromax? Plus staples like creatine, betaine, and LCLT? Two thumbs up, and I'm sure the flavoring will be on point as always.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I picked up one of each flavor. It's just such a complete supplement, and the price is unbeatable. I think that the combining of glutamine and l-alanine instead of going with l-alanyl-glutamine to keep costs down is a great move, and I love that it has a full dose of HICA. I recently stopped taking HMB-FA due to how expensive it is, and replaced it with HICA, and I'm liking it. The ferulic acid also looks promising, and who doesn't love Hydromax? Plus staples like creatine, betaine, and LCLT? Two thumbs up, and I'm sure the flavoring will be on point as always.
You said it better than I could ;)
Thanks for the support brother

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The flavoring is amazing...the great thing about all of the ingredients is in their standard form none of them taste particularly bad, so it was very easy to flavor

We hope everyone liked the concept! The regular price after the insider will be $29.99. $1/day for year round gains

Athletix

Athletix

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I love this post because it's an example of what makes Ergonine such a novel product, it's not just one or two ingredients that stand out. It's 9 ingredients all combined for a purpose as they work together providing you with a complete ergogenic aid.

Oh...and it tastes amazing :)

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I think people are really going to enjoy the addition of ferulic acid.

Athletix

Athletix

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I think people are really going to enjoy the addition of ferulic acid.
A little reading on ferulic acid, Section B of page 344 shows a reference of what just 30mg of Ferulic Acid can do in the period of 8 weeks in weightlifters http://books.google.com/books?id=l6_Jj5gRup0C&pg=PA334&lpg=PA334&dq=Nutrition+in+Exercise+and+Sport+ferulic+acid&********bl&ots=9ouFb8A0wD&sig=VEzraNyl-XxgRYAe27coJbkV2F8&hl=en&sa=X&ei=xO9kVMSsNcaiNtCOg6AN&ved=0CCcQ6AEwAQ#v=onepage&q&f=false

Nyrin

Awards
I'm skeptical on the ferulic acid given that the 30mg dose appears, at least superficially, to be achievable from a teaspoon of flax seed or a couple cups of coffee.

That said, I bought 10 tubs. Stellar price just for the daily 'staple' supps (may throw some bulk BA in there) and Nanaberry? Yeah, I'm game.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I did see that, and I'm sure you also know about this study that also referenced the 30mg ferulic acid study:
The usage of gamma oryzanol as a nutritional supplement for strength in athletes is prevalent. The research to date has tended to focus on gamma oryzanol effects in patients, especially hyperlipidemics, rather than on resistance athletes. Bucci et al12 found that the intake of 30 mg ferulic acid per day (extracted from gamma oryzanol) for eight weeks resulted in increasing body weight and muscular strength in weight lifters.
and had some solid results of its own:
there were significant differences between the supplement and placebo groups for 1-RM of bench press and leg curl, which showed that gamma oryzanol improved muscle strength following resistance training.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4164998/
I'm pretty excited to try it!

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm skeptical on the ferulic acid given that the 30mg dose appears, at least superficially, to be achievable from a teaspoon of flax seed or a couple cups of coffee.

That said, I bought 10 tubs. Stellar price just for the daily 'staple' supps (may throw some bulk BA in there) and Nanaberry? Yeah, I'm game.
Hmm... I'd like to know more about this. Lecithin granules turned out to be a good source of PA, so who knows?

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I did see that, and I'm sure you also know about this study that also referenced the 30mg ferulic acid study:

and had some solid results of its own:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4164998/
I'm pretty excited to try it!
Nice post!

Nanaberry licious. You are going to love it

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
I'm all over this! Ordering mine tomorrow and making room in the closet. What a great ingredient profile! Thanks Athletix:)

Athletix

Athletix

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'm all over this! Ordering mine tomorrow and making room in the closet. What a great ingredient profile! Thanks Athletix:)
Thank you!

Hope we aren't causing you to do chores and clean your closet out ;)

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of companies start adding a combination of glutamine and l-alanine to their products.

Athletix

Athletix

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

Can't wait to see what you think of Nanaberry, it's one of the best I've tried (I'm also biased)

Nyrin

Awards
Can't wait to see what you think of Nanaberry, it's one of the best I've tried (I'm also biased)
The feedback on it so far definitely made me excited.

On the High Volume flavors, I don't mind Blue Frost at all but vastly prefer the Paradise Cooler, which is just plain delicious for me. I'm guessing the comparison will be similar here, but we'll see! 8/2 split between the two orders :D

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I did want to take a second to explain the reason for our Glutamine and Alanine combination. Trust me, we aren't going to sit her and tell you taking straight glutamine is the holy grail like its 2002.

But to summarize our research here is what we found

1) Glutamine can be effective, WHEN in the presence of l-alanine

2) Alanine is the important amino here alongside Glutamine, and that is why ingredients like L-Alanyl-L-Glutamine dipeptide actually work. We opted for a ratio higher in Alanine vs Glutamine

3) You don't need the dipeptide, just the combination :)

http://www.nutritionjrnl.com/article/S0899-9007(08)00427-9/abstract

Chronic oral administration of DIP and free GLN + ALA before long-duration exercise represents an effective source of glutamine and glutamate, which may increase muscle and liver stores of GSH and improve the redox state of the cell.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19885855

"We concluded that supplementation with free L-glutamine..." (which was their solution of L-Glutamine and L-Alanine) "...and the dipeptide LL-alanyl-LL-glutamine represents an effective source of glutamine, which may attenuate inflammation biomarkers after periods of training and plasma levels of CK and the inflammatory response induced by prolonged exercise.

Mr Cooper likes to talk about Glutamine too: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/255973-coops-corner-8-a.html

Athletix

Athletix

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
The feedback on it so far definitely made me excited.

On the High Volume flavors, I don't mind Blue Frost at all but vastly prefer the Paradise Cooler, which is just plain delicious for me. I'm guessing the comparison will be similar here, but we'll see! 8/2 split between the two orders :D
haha you were not alone. Blue Ice will be great for all the blue / berry lovers out there and it's also very "refreshing" which I enjoy when I've had or am mixing several other flavored products in a day. Nanaberry is....well Nanaberry, just delicious

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Why did Athletix choose to use 3g of Creatine Anhydrous?

To sum it up quick

1) CA is the most pure form of creatine possible. It is 100% creatine

2) Most people use 3-5g of creatine per day, but most who use it year round know that 3g is plenty, especially when you are using pure creatine anhydrous. If you are hung up on 5g, simply add 2g of creatine every day :)

3) In the mass market the biggest fear and most misunderstood topic with creatine is "bloat". According to a human study which I will dig up shortly, 30mg/kg of creatine per day was effective and increasing plasma creatine without causing an increase in total body water

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Why did Athletix add HydroMax to Ergonine, and can I stack Ergonine with other products with Hydromax like High Volume?

Hydromax was added to help give that all day fullness feeling that gets better with time. There is not a mega pre-workout dose of HydroMax, but rather the dose we felt was perfect for every day use and every day fullness feeling. If taken pre-workout though, it will give a workout pump. But it does not need to be taken pre-workout. It can be stacked with High Volume

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Lmao - Skeptical but purchases 10 tubs!. I wonder how many you would have purchased if you weren't skeptical!

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I did want to take a second to explain the reason for our Glutamine and Alanine combination. Trust me, we aren't going to sit her and tell you taking straight glutamine is the holy grail like its 2002.

But to summarize our research here is what we found

1) Glutamine can be effective, WHEN in the presence of l-alanine

2) Alanine is the important amino here alongside Glutamine, and that is why ingredients like L-Alanyl-L-Glutamine dipeptide actually work. We opted for a ratio higher in Alanine vs Glutamine

3) You don't need the dipeptide, just the combination :)

http://www.nutritionjrnl.com/article/S0899-9007(08)00427-9/abstract

Chronic oral administration of DIP and free GLN + ALA before long-duration exercise represents an effective source of glutamine and glutamate, which may increase muscle and liver stores of GSH and improve the redox state of the cell.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19885855

"We concluded that supplementation with free L-glutamine..." (which was their solution of L-Glutamine and L-Alanine) "...and the dipeptide LL-alanyl-LL-glutamine represents an effective source of glutamine, which may attenuate inflammation biomarkers after periods of training and plasma levels of CK and the inflammatory response induced by prolonged exercise.

Mr Cooper likes to talk about Glutamine too: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/255973-coops-corner-8-a.html
I have a feeling that this combination is going to get pretty popular:

Alanylglutamine was able to increase field goal shooting, especially in the ~3g group:

and improve visual reaction time, again, especially in the ~3g group:

(DHY=dehydrated, W=water, AG1=~3g alanylglutamine, AG2=~6g alanylglutamine)
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3316133/

The 2.5g in Ergonine seems to be pretty on-point.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have a feeling that this combination is going to get pretty popular:

Alanylglutamine was able to increase field goal shooting, especially in the ~3g group:

and improve visual reaction time, again, especially in the ~3g group:

(DHY=dehydrated, W=water, AG1=~3g alanylglutamine, AG2=~6g alanylglutamine)
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3316133/

The 2.5g in Ergonine seems to be pretty on-point.
Good find!

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Because we are packing a load of proven ingredients in this the supplement-savvy seem pretty happy with this.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good find!
Thanks, but I didn't find it, the study was actually referenced in the write up on the website. I had seen the study before, and found it promising, but I didn't want to pay the premium price for alanylglutamine, so I just sort of forgot about it. The glutamine + alanine = alanylglutamine study is really a great find, since the two alone are much cheaper than the fancy combination.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Because we are packing a load of proven ingredients in this the supplement-savvy seem pretty happy with this.
Even if I wasn't going to buy any, and I already bought two, perhaps I'll buy more tomorrow, I'm still very happy to hear about this formula, even if it's just to steal the glutamine+alanine thing for my personal use. The ferulic acid was also something I wasn't really aware of.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's not just about the LCLT, its about the LCLT and the Choline!

The last topic I wanted to summarize on Ergonine was the reason for choline in the product. Because choline is a must with carnitine!

First, we all know LCLT is loved for reasons like this:

http://ajpendo.physiology.org/content/282/2/E474.short

(warning this will download a PDF) http://www.researchgate.net/publication/6959345_Androgenic_responses_to_resistance_exercise_effects_of_feeding_and_L-carnitine/file/5046351d35be461cf4.pdf

But what most don't know is how essential choline is to carnitine, and how when combined they are actually great leaning agents:

http://jn.nutrition.org/content/133/1/84.short

(with caffeine as well) http://jn.nutrition.org/content/130/2/152.short

Don't take your carnitine (of any type for that matter) without taking choline with it. 1 gram should do

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Even if I wasn't going to buy any, and I already bought two, perhaps I'll buy more tomorrow, I'm still very happy to hear about this formula, even if it's just to steal the glutamine+alanine thing for my personal use. The ferulic acid was also something I wasn't really aware of.
Glad we could provide :)

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Such a very well researched product. Can't wait to give this a go!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Man I step away for a few hours and BAM! Info everywhere ha. Loving the mini write ups in here

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Finally got a chance to read the write up. Solid and good info as well!

Athletix

Athletix

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Man I step away for a few hours and BAM! Info everywhere ha. Loving the mini write ups in here
We wanted you to have a lot of before bed reading so you dream of Nanaberry all night

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
We wanted you to have a lot of before bed reading so you dream of Nanaberry all night
Lol!

Falling asleep now sweet dreams here I come

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
ARE YOU WATCHING ME?! Haha I legit am laying in bed reading this.

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
So does PES own athletix now? I thought they just bought the name High Volume?

Just wondering

Nyrin

Awards
Lmao - Skeptical but purchases 10 tubs!. I wonder how many you would have purchased if you weren't skeptical!
At this price point, I think I would have been sold just on the creatine, betaine, and HICA, especially with nice flavoring (I'm a sucker for nice flavored drinks). LCLT with choline and glycerol are great and well-proven additions that just make it sweeter; the much more exploratory inclusions of alanine+glutamine and ferulic acid are pure bonus.

I can't imagine regretting the decision to stock up on the insider pricing. Not like I'm going to want to stop taking it!

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
lol, just skeptical of the ferulic acid. It's a novel ingredient, so healthy skepticism is welcome. We know most of the people purchasing from this forum are in the upper-echelon of supplementation knowledge and question the ergogenic potential of what they consume.

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
As a beta tester (taster?) I can assure everyone that their taste buds are due for a tastegasm.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
As a beta tester (taster?) I can assure everyone that their taste buds are due for a tastegasm.
I concur. My mouth is still wet from this and it's been weeks.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
lol, just skeptical of the ferulic acid. It's a novel ingredient, so healthy skepticism is welcome. We know most of the people purchasing from this forum are in the upper-echelon of supplementation knowledge and question the ergogenic potential of what they consume.
Regarding ferulic acid; is it something that needs to be, or should be, cycled?

Also, would you, anyone with PES/Athletics, or anyone in general, happen to have the text, or a link to the text, for the 30 mg/day ferulic acid study? I've seen it referenced in books and other studies, but I can't seem to find the study itself anywhere. It doesn't seem to be on PubMed or the library database at my university. A similar study seemed pretty promising, but I'd really like to see the text to this study.

scope75

scope75

Awards
  • Established
After reading these mini write ups I'd be ordering more if I already didn't have 12 on there way.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Interesting footnote, apparently Robby Robinson believes that, and I quote, "GLUTAMINE AND ALANINE... ARE PROBABLY THE KEYS TO ANTI -CATABOLISM." (all caps his, not mine).

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
The flavoring is amazing...the great thing about all of the ingredients is in their standard form none of them taste particularly bad, so it was very easy to flavor

We hope everyone liked the concept! The regular price after the insider will be $29.99. $1/day for year round gains
I love the ingredient profile on this one! Nice work guys! How long will this sale price last?