Vitamin C in protein

Kickstart7

Kickstart7

Awards
I my understanding I thought taking vitamin C was a bad idea for protein and gains in general. Just what I thought. If I'm correct how come so many proteins have 50-100% of DV of vitamin C. Can anyone shed light on this?

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
It should be of no real detriment.

Those products are probably just MRP's offering vitamins & minerals as well as the protein

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I my understanding I thought taking vitamin C was a bad idea for protein and gains in general. Just what I thought. If I'm correct how come so many proteins have 50-100% of DV of vitamin C. Can anyone shed light on this?
Why would it be? What effect would it have on the protein supposedly?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Why would it be? What effect would it have on the protein supposedly?
The DV is low anyway, most people consume far more thsn that in bolus (500+mg) which may interfere somewhat with hypertrophy

Kickstart7

Kickstart7

Awards
A massive bodybuilder at my local gym back home. Now I take everything with a grain of salt believe me, but he claims it inhibits the absorption of certain proteins and supplements that one takes. I was curious if there was even a small percentage of him being correct. He seems to use bro science much more than proven science lol .

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
A massive bodybuilder at my local gym back home. Now I take everything with a grain of salt believe me, but he claims it inhibits the absorption of certain proteins and supplements that one takes. I was curious if there was even a small percentage of him being correct. He seems to use bro science much more than proven science lol .
He is wrong

Kickstart7

Kickstart7

Awards
Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Haha. its kind of like the saying everythings true on the internet. Everything you hear in the gym is true. Both are wrong. Pretty much whatever you hear dont believe until you see proven results for yourself. Thats how i go by it anyways.

Kickstart7

Kickstart7

Awards
Haha. its kind of like the saying everythings true on the internet. Everything you hear in the gym is true. Both are wrong. Pretty much whatever you hear dont believe until you see proven results for yourself. Thats how i go by it anyways.
yea, I think people only believe him because he's very well built. I wanted to clarify because there's nothing specific on ye ole google

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I cant believe what I am reading :O