Mucuna Pruriens libido

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
Is it possible for this to lower my libido?

Its in my growth factor Xt & Iron champs volume, and seems it does the opposite for my libido than its supposed to, at least I assume its the L-Dopa.

Thoughts?

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
I've started GF-XT mainly for the sleep benefits and i haven't noticed any libido drop.

I assumed it would only help?

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
I've started GF-XT mainly for the sleep benefits and i haven't noticed any libido drop.

I assumed it would only help?
Yeah, I know l-dopa is meant to increase libido, i was just wondering if it can go the other way with some people.

Look at all the reviews for Volume, everyone said it made them a sexual predator, yet with me it did the complete opposite!

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I would assume it's another factor at play.

jp_x_type

jp_x_type

Awards
  • Established
L-dopa provides positive benefits for me in that department, but as with anything that might alter hormone levels I guess it could be leading to a cascade of things that eventually might be affecting your libido. It's complicated

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yea, it should increase libido, not decrease it. What else were you taking at the time?

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
currently im on XFactor/ABE and my libido doesnt feel right. Still taking Growth Factor to help sleep, i dunno, none of these should negatively effect libido

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yea, those shouldn't knock your libido down. There's a lot of things that can effect libido though, from diet to psychological factors. Anything going on with either of those?

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
Yea, those shouldn't knock your libido down. There's a lot of things that can effect libido though, from diet to psychological factors. Anything going on with either of those?
Lacking greens & reds recently, so going to mega dose those recently. Take my WODpack vitamins every morning so diet seems to be okay. could eat cleaner but again, cant imagine either of those are a factor.

Dont really have much stress. Although i do toke once an evening, maybe could be a little to do with that?

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The smoking effects everyone differently, back when I used to partake it had the opposite effect on me, made me super horny. Try to take a few evenings off and see if it has any effect.

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established

Its in my growth factor Xt & Iron champs volume, and seems it does the opposite for my libido than its supposed to, at least I assume its the L-Dopa.

Thoughts?
How much of each are you taking? Most libido boosting herbs have the reverse effect at high dosages. My rule of thumb is if you take anything
and your libido drops, stop for a day or two, then reduce your dosage in 1/2 for a few days and see if your libido comes back on the days off
or after the reduced dosage. Any example is Ginseng. You take a low dose for days, your libido will eventually go up, say 30-50mg, you take 400mg
a day....it will def. go up or down, but must times down after a while.

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
How much of each are you taking? Most libido boosting herbs have the reverse effect at high dosages. My rule of thumb is if you take anything
and your libido drops, stop for a day or two, then reduce your dosage in 1/2 for a few days and see if your libido comes back on the days off
or after the reduced dosage. Any example is Ginseng. You take a low dose for days, your libido will eventually go up, say 30-50mg, you take 400mg
a day....it will def. go up or down, but must times down after a while.
I dunno, only whats in growth factor XT so not very much. It may be the w33d , i cant imagine its great for your libido to do daily, i may have to start doing cardio or something

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
Any of these things can possibly effect libido badly?

Arginine Alpha Ketogluterate:
Xanthoparmillia Scabrosa:
Mucuna Puriens:
Safed Musli:
Cndium Monnier:
L Citruline:

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote

Thoughts?
The amount of L dopa may be an issue but then again, it may not be. Hard to say with so many other potential factors

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Lacking greens & reds recently, so going to mega dose those recently. Take my WODpack vitamins every morning so diet seems to be okay. could eat cleaner but again, cant imagine either of those are a factor.

Dont really have much stress. Although i do toke once an evening, maybe could be a little to do with that?
I wouldnt call getting in vitamins a predictor for how good your diet is though :D

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
The amount of L dopa may be an issue but then again, it may not be. Hard to say with so many other potential factors
Ill stop growth factor & volume for a week and see if it helps

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established

Mucuna Puriens:
Safed Musli:
Cndium Monnier:
L Citruline:
Well the only one of those that increase test levels is Safed Musli, and if you test jumps too high too fast, ur libido drops (often).
My take is your stack is too strong for your body, how much of each are you taking? Every time I see this from a libido or test booster,
the user needs a lower dosage/day.

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
Well the only one of those that increase test levels is Safed Musli, and if you test jumps too high too fast, ur libido drops (often).
My take is your stack is too strong for your body, how much of each are you taking? Every time I see this from a libido or test booster,
the user needs a lower dosage/day.
These are the ingredients in VOLUME by ironchampsusa. I think the problem might be L-Dopa, ill stay away from volume & growth factor for a week to see if its that

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Libido is something that has way too many variables that can affect it and Josh you seem to bring this up every so often, so there stands a good chance that outside influences are in play and maybe you think about it too much.

Take away: libido is complicated.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Any of these things can possibly effect libido badly? Arginine Alpha Ketogluterate: Xanthoparmillia Scabrosa: Mucuna Puriens: Safed Musli: Cndium Monnier: L Citruline:
high doses cnidium can affect it negatively

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
L-Dopa really helps my libido. How much fat are you consuming and how much of it is saturated? Are you stressed? Cutting? Getting enough sleep?

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
I've stopped the growth factor and the VOLUME as of last night , both very heavy doses of L-DOPA. Should notice in a couple of days

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I've stopped the growth factor and the VOLUME as of last night , both very heavy doses of L-DOPA. Should notice in a couple of days
Cool. Let us know if you have additional questions. If things don't work out, I'd seek advice from a medical professional.

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Libido is something that has way too many variables that can affect it and Josh you seem to bring this up every so often, so there stands a good chance that outside influences are in play and maybe you think about it too much.

Take away: libido is complicated.
I just want to emphasize this point. Stress, anxiety, depression, lack of sleep, etc etc can all lead to drops in libido no matter what you are on. These issues are far more serious.

Libido is very complicated...just like the rest of the body

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I just want to emphasize this point. Stress, anxiety, depression, lack of sleep, etc etc can all lead to drops in libido no matter what you are on. These issues are far more serious.

Libido is very complicated...just like the rest of the body
This.

Kisaj makes a good point. This issue is brought up often which leads me to believe that it isnt supplement based but potentially psychological. Obviously im not sure but its my best guess.

Libido is a complicated beast and even overthinking stuff can negatively influence it - seeing a doctor if this is persistent, while embarassing, will ease your mind about potential underlying factors and will benefit you in the long run.

Cordeen

Awards
  • Established

Mucuna Puriens:
Safed Musli:
Cndium Monnier:
L Citruline:
Safes musli (chlorophytum) causes my libido to go down at higher doses unless I stack it with an AI. Test goes up but so does estrogen. The AI brings it back.

elegua

Awards
I've always had a kind of paradoxical reaction to Mucuna that leaves me in a kind of distracted mood and after a few days of taking it, my libido is in the dumps. It's possibly an indirect reaction more than a direct causation, but it's still there and it's so strong and happens so consistently that I don't even bother with any Mucuna containing supplements.

So yeah, even if the opposite happens with most people, what you describe still can happen. Anything that affects neurotransmitters & bodily hormones can cause any number of unpredictable effects in rare cases.

As another example -- even a tiny bit too much DAA can leave me feeling over-stimulated, unable to sleep, and stimulated in a way that makes it hard to focus. This is a rare reaction, but if you pay attention long enough on user reports, you do see it pop up now and again.