Not open for further replies.
Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just saw on the news that there is a law going forward to make Kratom illegal in Florida. This after a young guy od'd on it.....

Jackedjack

Jackedjack

Awards
Just saw that there is a law going forward to make Kratom illegal in Florida. This after a young guy od'd on it.....
Are they going to ban alcohol and Tylenol too. You can OD on those. It's ridiculous that one ignorant kid (not diminishing the severity of the situation) can get a product banned. Not that I use kratom it's just the principle to why the are banning it is absurd .

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Not possible to OD on kratom. Now shady opiate analouge spiked "kratom" is another story. IL did it right for once and they made it like tobacco 18 and older. If you have ever taken whole kratom not some extract with god knows what in it you would know it is NOT a legal high and would be almost impossible to OD on. You would puke from all the powder long before reaching toxic amounts of any of the actives.

Jackedjack

Jackedjack

Awards
Not possible to OD on kratom. Now shady opiate analouge spiked "kratom" is another story. IL did it right for once and they made it like tobacco 18 and older. If you have ever taken whole kratom not some extract with god knows what in it you would know it is NOT a legal high and would be almost impossible to OD on. You would puke from all the powder long before reaching toxic amounts of any of the actives.
I did not know this. If the kid had it laced with something, he was obviously buying from an illegitimate source; therefore, furthering the point that responsible kratom use is not harmful.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I did not know this. If the kid had it laced with something, he was obviously buying from an illegitimate source; therefore, furthering the point that responsible kratom use is not harmful.
There are no "legitimate"sources seeing how it is not FDA approved. Granted some companies sell you what they tell you they are selling you wahile others maybe spiked

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
There are no "legitimate"sources seeing how it is not FDA approved. Granted some companies sell you what they tell you they are selling you wahile others maybe spiked
Using this as the measuring bar then there are no legitimate supplements since they are not FDA approved. If you are buying from a source that markets kratom as a legal high(single doses per package with colorful labels or implied "highs") then IMO there is a chance it could be spiked or laced since a high quality kratom is not really a "high" at all.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Using this as the measuring bar then there are no legitimate supplements since they are not FDA approved. If you are buying from a source that markets kratom as a legal high(single doses per package with colorful labels or implied "highs") then IMO there is a chance it could be spiked or laced since a high quality kratom is not really a "high" at all.
Exactly. How many "" legitimate sources have had underdosed protein underdosed pro hormones spiked products like craze. USP labs Oxy elite Pro. I get what you're saying, I think there are legitimate supplements. Sometimes you never know what you're going to get. I don't take Kratom as I was once dependent upon opiates and hearing the correlation I steered away. At any rate I was just posting what I heard on the news

Swolljaboi

Awards
Hope that ban doesn't get to Texas. I use kratom sometimes to alleviate some back pain. The stuff works wonders and I sleep like a baby.

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
I have always been a fan of kratom. I only use the whole leaf, never extracts or what-not. I have had a lot of success with in for various purposes for the past 6-7 years. Never used it continuously, but it makes a great "every now and then" product.

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Swolljaboi

Awards
Is this Amy??^^^

I think by the end of the year it will be gone..buy up now if you want it
Gone as in federally outlawed? Or will all the other states outlaw it within the year?

Swolljaboi

Awards
Federally im sure. Too much negative info for them to ignore I think
Most people I know haven't even heard of the stuff. I'm honestly surprised it's still legal here in Texas as this state is usually one to outlaw stuff pretty quick.

Miss Q

Miss Q

Awards
Is this Amy??^^^

I think by the end of the year it will be gone..buy up now if you want it
Yes, it is!
Are you referring to FL? It's illegal in the following states for now, Indiana, Wisconsin, Tennessee, and Vermont with Fl on the horizon.

Miss Q

Miss Q

Awards
Federally im sure. Too much negative info for them to ignore I think

I just saw your 2nd post. You never know.

Most people I know haven't even heard of the stuff. I'm honestly surprised it's still legal here in Texas as this state is usually one to outlaw stuff pretty quick.
It's become really popular in the last couple of years since a lot of ppl are replacing pain meds with Kratom. You are right about TX, I used to live there and they don't mess around. All I know is that it works great for energy, motivation, aches and pains, anxiety etc...I don't drink, but when I'm around ppl that do and I have my K, then I'm good to go. It's not like some of the crap they sell at convenient stores etc I think a lot of ppl get it confused!

Swolljaboi

Awards
I just saw your 2nd post. You never know.

It's become really popular in the last couple of years since a lot of ppl are replacing pain meds with Kratom. You are right about TX, I used to live there and they don't mess around. All I know is that it works great for energy, motivation, aches and pains, anxiety etc...I don't drink, but when I'm around ppl that do and I have my K, then I'm good to go. It's not like some of the crap they sell at convenient stores etc I think a lot of ppl get it confused at first!
That's the problem right there. People are using kratom instead of pain meds. Big pharma is probably catching on and lobbying for a ban.

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I can't stomach the stuff all too well, and I have an iron stomach. If I didn't have to choke down a **** ton of powder I would like it.

After puking off ten grams on an empty(6+hours fasted) stomach in a night club in A.C., I can't even smell the stuff without having an uneasy stomach.

Quadzilla99

Quadzilla99

Awards
  • Established
WHats the effects of this stuff? Is it like a vicodin or something

DarthGainer

Awards
Kratom is great.

I use 5g of Green Malay or 3g of Green MD 3 times a week pre workout. Honestly the best thing I have ever used. It gives energy and focus and makes you talk allot lol.
Another great thing is I don't need caffeine with it so I'm only using 250mg of caffeine the other 4 days of the week and for the first time in years caffeine is hitting me hard.

I will say Kratom can be abused, There is guys taking **** loads a day just to feel good. IMO this is the wrong reason to take it. Also I feel theres more of chance of getting addicted when using Sedating strains (red) as they are similar to pain meds.

Though this like all drugs it depends on the type of person using it.

DarthGainer

Awards
Just to add 3g Kratom MD + 50mg Ment + 2 scoops of High volume is Incredible :)

Miss Q

Miss Q

Awards
I can't stomach the stuff all too well, and I have an iron stomach. If I didn't have to choke down a **** ton of powder I would like it.

After puking off ten grams on an empty(6+hours fasted) stomach in a night club in A.C., I can't even smell the stuff without having an uneasy stomach.
Was that your first time taking it? That sure is a lot for one dose! Less is more with K. The less you take the more energy/motivation you will experience. The more you take the more sedating. There are different way's to mask the powder, like in a small amount of soda. Capsules are also a great alternative as well, and I carry both.

Miss Q

Miss Q

Awards
WHats the effects of this stuff? Is it like a vicodin or something
It works on the same receptors that opiates do. Except that it is not an opiate. It feels very similar to taking a Vicodin in that you feel very positive and you motivated to get things accomplished!

Kratom is great.

I use 5g of Green Malay or 3g of Green MD 3 times a week pre workout. Honestly the best thing I have ever used. It gives energy and focus and makes you talk allot lol.
Another great thing is I don't need caffeine with it so I'm only using 250mg of caffeine the other 4 days of the week and for the first time in years caffeine is hitting me hard.

I will say Kratom can be abused, There is guys taking **** loads a day just to feel good. IMO this is the wrong reason to take it. Also I feel theres more of chance of getting addicted when using Sedating strains (red) as they are similar to pain meds.

Though this like all drugs it depends on the type of person using it.

I agree with you on that! Like I said, the smaller the amount the better. Basically, less is more!

Maeng-Da, White Vein & Green Malay are what I love before hitting the gym. I also like adding my fav pre-workout powder/fat burner for an extra boost. Talk about being focused in the gym....2 hrs later you realize you're still there!! :) Back & leg day's are on!!!

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It was not my first time, and I've never dosed that high again. I usually stick between 3-5 grams. I was pretty solid at chug and wash, but not since then. I'd try caps for sure, but IDK if I care to use Kratom again.

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Think everyone is missing the point, supplement companies are getting stuff banned because no one regulates them so they spike their stuff or put nothing in it. It screws us because of their recklessness. I am not for regulation, just have Patrick Arnold test it.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Think everyone is missing the point, supplement companies are getting stuff banned because no one regulates them so they spike their stuff or put nothing in it. It screws us because of their recklessness. I am not for regulation, just have Patrick Arnold test it.
No what is going to get Kratom banned federally is the fact that all the legal high/bath salt companies migrated to promoting Kratom as a legal high. People are slamming it in attempts to get messed up. Despite being a poor choice for getting f'ed up this draws negative attention from the authorities. All it takes is some stupid kids doing what stupid kids do, ie stupid stuff, and their parents finding kratom in the room. Lord knows their little babies can't really be as stupid as their actions would indicate it had to be the kratom. Letters get written, politicians get up on their high horses and soapboxes and kratom is put to sleep for ever. It's sad but probably going to play out this way.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No that's not the point here idiot.

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Nyrin

Awards
You guys got me interested enough to try this stuff. Just ordered 4oz of MD, 2oz each of white, red, blue to experiment with. Crazy that this stuff is touted for both energy/focus AND sleep/relaxation depending on strain/dose.

Nyrin

Awards
Nyrin use Green or/And white for energy/Focus.
Yeah, descriptions seem good for that. The green MD sounds perfect for working out, while the white sounds like a nice occasional productivity booster. Looking forward to trying the others for the evening relaxation aspect.

DarthGainer

Awards
Yeah, descriptions seem good for that. The green MD sounds perfect for working out, while the white sounds like a nice occasional productivity booster. Looking forward to trying the others for the evening relaxation aspect.
Never tried white so let me know what its like please.

Use 3-5g MD green. I would try without a high dosage of caffeine, I took 250mg of caffeine and I was a jittering wreck, Not nice. I take Kratom without stims now. Everyones different though, But I will say I'm a stim abuser and that combo was to much.

Just to add I can't see how people get addicted to this as I wouldn't want to feel like this everyday all day. Its great Pre workout but not for sitting at work lol.

Nyrin

Awards
Never tried white so let me know what its like please.

Use 3-5g MD green. I would try without a high dosage of caffeine, I took 250mg of caffeine and I was a jittering wreck, Not nice. I take Kratom without stims now. Everyones different though, But I will say I'm a stim abuser and that combo was to much.

Just to add I can't see how people get addicted to this as I wouldn't want to feel like this everyday all day. Its great Pre workout but not for sitting at work lol.
From the little bit of research I did before pulling the trigger, it sounds like the dark dependency issues come from using it with opiates, as there's likely some synergy going on there. Even the sedating/pain-relief strains didn't seem to independently have anything too alarming about them when used in isolation, though.

Definitely looking forward to trying 'em out! Little on the spendy side, but worth it if this is as unique of an experience as people seem to claim.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I need to try this. So what strain would I want for energy and which for sedation? Or can you get one and change the effect with dose?

I want to try both effects.

Nyrin

Awards
I need to try this. So what strain would I want for energy and which for sedation? Or can you get one and change the effect with dose?

I'd be curious to hear from people with actual experience since I just ordered mine, but it sounds like the green and white kinds are more stimulatory while the red and blues are more sedating. People's accounts of the white is almost like a stimulatory nootropic, while the green stuff sounds more like a conventional preworkout inclusion. Red sounds a little more "painkillery" while blue sounds more "chill."

I'm kind of surprised that none of the edgier companies haven't tried including this in a commercial product yet. It's getting a lot of the baleful eye of Sauron right now, sure, but it seems like it'd stand a better chance against DSHEA scrutiny than things like DMAA or DMBA have.

Swolljaboi

Awards
I have tried a lot of different strains. I'm a bigger fan of the reds as a means to wind down after work. I also enjoyed maeng da for social situations as I could not stop talking. I've never heard of Blue so i cannot comment on that. I didn't get much off white vein honestly. Over all my favorite strain was Super Indo. It made me super relaxed and helped alleviate muscle pain. 3 grams was all it took. I went up to 5g but it just made me nauseous with no noticeable increase in benefit.

Miss Q

Miss Q

Awards

Maeng-Da will give the most energy but White & Green are stimulating as well. Bali is a great energizing/relaxation strain. A lot of folks like to buy small amounts of each strain and custom make their own concoctions! It's also a great way to try several strains and determine what works the best for you!

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Can anyone tell me the approximate length of time to initial onset and the duration?

Swolljaboi

Awards
Can anyone tell me the approximate length of time to initial onset and the duration?
If you take on an empty stomach it will kick in within an hour and last around 4-6 hours. I recommend to take with grapefruit juice as it seems to prolong the effects.

vladimirb68

Awards
I thunk I might have missed it but what is that code for 20% off at wickedkratom? Thank

Status
Not open for further replies.