Gaba,

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.67%

Gaba,

Hi there folks

Just tried Gaba for the first time as I have been curious about its sleeping qualities and obviously the GH, but I have just come through a very rough 48 hours on it. I dont know whether I have an intolerance to it or maybe my dose was too high.
    It states on the product (S.A.S Labs) that you should take 3mg after a workout and then 3mg just before bed so I took a teaspoon (4mg) after training and then another teaspoon 3hours later which means I took 8mg when they only recommended 6mg. I did a little investigation into gaba beforehand and I found that you could take as much 18mg of this stuff so I thought I would be good to go with 8mg no problem!

However I had the worst nights sleep of my life, vivid dreams waking every hour and feeling nauseous as hell and then on awaking in the morning the p*ssing, sh*tting and puking fest began (all involuntary I might ad, which was very embarrasing to say the least). the following 24 hours saw me confined to the floor feeling like I had been flattened by a train and looking like and extra from a Resi Evil game, I also had severe shooting pains in the lower half of my legs and massive headaches.

Im just a little confused as everywhere I have read theres seems to be little or no side effects to this stuff, has anybody else experienced these effects or had any probs with gaba?

I appreciatte any help you can give me!

2. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.15%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut
    Hi there folks

Just tried Gaba for the first time as I have been curious about its sleeping qualities and obviously the GH, but I have just come through a very rough 48 hours on it. I dont know whether I have an intolerance to it or maybe my dose was too high.
    It states on the product (S.A.S Labs) that you should take 3mg after a workout and then 3mg just before bed so I took a teaspoon (4mg) after training and then another teaspoon 3hours later which means I took 8mg when they only recommended 6mg. I did a little investigation into gaba beforehand and I found that you could take as much 18mg of this stuff so I thought I would be good to go with 8mg no problem!

However I had the worst nights sleep of my life, vivid dreams waking every hour and feeling nauseous as hell and then on awaking in the morning the p*ssing, sh*tting and puking fest began (all involuntary I might ad, which was very embarrasing to say the least). the following 24 hours saw me confined to the floor feeling like I had been flattened by a train and looking like and extra from a Resi Evil game, I also had severe shooting pains in the lower half of my legs and massive headaches.

Im just a little confused as everywhere I have read theres seems to be little or no side effects to this stuff, has anybody else experienced these effects or had any probs with gaba?

I appreciatte any help you can give me!

I just tried it for the first time too about a month ago. I didn't puke but I didn't take as much as you. You should only start out with 500mg. Anyway, it just makes me feel tense and nervous. There is no way I can sleep on the stuff. Its sitting on top of my fridge, I don't want to trash it so I'm trying to think of how to get rid of it.
  3. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.06%

I know that 3grms of it puts me right to sleep. I can't image taking it after a work out. It sounds to me like you are taking too much of it. I would take 3 gr right before bed and that's it. Maybe there is someone on here that knows more about it but as I recall it really doesn't raise GH levels enough to do anything. I have also found the stuff to be pretty acidic. It bothers my stomach a lot when I take it. Obviously with the symptoms you are having you should cut down the dose or discontinue it all together.
    •   

4. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.49%

I will be trying it tonight, just got my order in from custom. You guys mean grams, not mg right. On customs website it says starting dose is 500mg. I was going to start with around 1 gram and will post my experience tomorrow.
  5. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.06%

will be trying it tonight, just got my order in from custom. You guys mean grams, not mg right. On customs website it says starting dose is 500mg. I was going to start with around 1 gram and will post my experience tomorrow.
    Whoops sorry you are right. that would be grams not mg.
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.67%

Quote Originally Posted by R6Speed
    I will be trying it tonight, just got my order in from custom. You guys mean grams, not mg right. On customs website it says starting dose is 500mg. I was going to start with around 1 gram and will post my experience tomorrow.
    I will look forward to seeing how you get on with this, if customs says start with 500mg then I guess 8 grams for my first dose was a little on the high side.
    I Hope you dont get any of the symptoms I posted as they kinda sucked.
  7. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.49%

Just an update, I took one gram ~1 hour before I usually go to sleep. Probably 20mins after I noticed some slight relaxation and I slept a little better than I normally do. I experienced no vivid dreams. At this dose, the effects were very slight, but noticeable. I will try 3 grams tonight.
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.44%

GABA is fantastic as a relaxation aid...i have taken it off and on for a while now. i started with the recommended 3 gr per day but quickly moved to 5 gr (dose proven by research to increase levels of GH 550%. to really take advantage of this increase it is best used 30 minutes prior to your workout...if it makes u "chill" then take it with a stim like caffeine...it does work and the workouts are awesome...
  9. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.94%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

The problem with all GABA agonists and Precursors is that the receptors down regulate fast and then one risks a rebound of extra stimulation/anxiety. Everyday use is problematic, first it's good, then null or bad fairly quickly for many users.

Throw some Piracetam in there, I have yet to try a mind related substance it did'nt enhance.
  10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.67%

Tried it again this weekend and lowered the dose (3gr instead of 8gr), although I didnt throw up It did knock me out. The dreams were still vivid for me and after 10 hours kip I woke up feeling exhausted (my dream was like a 10 hour movie marathon)

Oh well another pot destined for the dusty supplement drawer!
  11. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.31%

Did you try it again? I have friends who have had similar episodes at first, then they switched to a vastly lower dose, then increasing it now and again until they can tolerate 4-5 g well. Took 2 weeks. They really like the stuff now.
  12. Anabolic Innovations Owner
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.88%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut
    Tried it again this weekend and lowered the dose (3gr instead of 8gr), although I didnt throw up It did knock me out. The dreams were still vivid for me and after 10 hours kip I woke up feeling exhausted (my dream was like a 10 hour movie marathon)

Oh well another pot destined for the dusty supplement drawer!

First of all you take 33% MORE than what is recommended on the bottle. Then you find out custom recommends 500mgs so you take 6 times that and you are going to stop because it is no good for you.

CROWLER
    Sleep Supplement 3Z BCAA: Red Raspberry and Lemon flavors
    HGH/sleep enhancer: HGHpro
    Test Booster: TestoPRO and STOKED!
    Preworkout: MANIAC Fruit Punch and Pink Lemonade
  13. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.67%

Quote Originally Posted by CROWLER
    First of all you take 33% MORE than what is recommended on the bottle. Then you find out custom recommends 500mgs so you take 6 times that and you are going to stop because it is no good for you.

CROWLER
    Math never was my strongpoint
  14. Anabolic Innovations Owner
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.88%

lol

Hey buddy maybe just try backing way off on the dose you were using and give it another try.

CROWLER
  15. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.67%

Quote Originally Posted by ss01
    Did you try it again? I have friends who have had similar episodes at first, then they switched to a vastly lower dose, then increasing it now and again until they can tolerate 4-5 g well. Took 2 weeks. They really like the stuff now.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROWLER
    lol

Hey buddy maybe just try backing way off on the dose you were using and give it another try.
    Cheers guys I appreciatte you posting, gonna give this another go and this time im gonna use a spoon instead of a shovel to mix and maybe even take my blindfold of too
  16. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.94%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

iVE BEEN TAKIGN Gaba for two years strait now.

it works ...and it works well as a great anti-aging supplement

the best time is too take it pre-training.,,and its because it increases hgh for 30 minutes 5.5 times...when your tearing yor msucles down you want hgh to be high.

i use it for bodybuilding. ...

notes for newbies...dont go no higher than 2 grams for the first week

second week you can bump it up to 5 grams if you want

i take 5 grams a day....

Gaba is also a neurotransmitter and it;s a calming one. (example dopamien is a feel good neurotransmiieter, so is serotin) anyways alot of mental paitents take gaba to take the edge off and relax.

i have a friend that works with "crazy people" and she said some of these people were prescribed gaba.

anyways its a good supplement for bodybuilding, and i recommend it for anyone thats serious.Gains will start to be noticable after 6 months of use. Im speaking from my expirence .
  17. Anabolic Innovations Owner
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.88%

Thanks for the info.

I find it interesting that you say it is calming and takes the edge off. I wouldn't think taking it before a workout would get you AMPED like we want to be.

Also since it raises HGH I thought best time to take was just before bed.

Thanks for your time

CROWLER
  18. Hot Italian Goldmember
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.84%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Lets resurrect an old thread

Anyone tried GABA with AMP pre-workout? I'm thinking about that...
  19. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.85%

I was wondering also to try it pre-workout but I'm afraid of it's calming effect. I guess it may be counterproductive. Now taking it with a stimulant can be another story. I'm curious to hear of any experience in that regard.

Similar Forum Threads

1. GABA and L-Theanine
    By supersoldier in forum Supplements
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 05-18-2008, 08:48 AM
  2. Gaba and Melatonin
    By CDB in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-13-2006, 06:01 PM
  3. GABA ?
    By motiv8er in forum Supplements
    Replies: 19