Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have tried Creatine many time in the last 10 years, but I have never seen any positive changes, (got gas not really positive) has anyone else found this to be true? Does anyone have any suggests ?

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Plenty of people don't respond to creatine. Or they do, they just expect more from it.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
How did you directly compare the results?

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
My dad swears the same thing. Although he had hip replacement and doesn't workout anymore he says he wouldn't take creatine if it was free and he was healthy lol

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
How did you directly compare the results?
Not trying to give a smart answer here, but after 30 years of training when I add a new supplement to mu regiment I can tell if there is a difference. With Creatine I noticed nothing no weight gain, muscle not fuller, strength the same etc.....

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That's weird. I guess some ppl don't respond to it like others. How many grams did u take per day and did u take it everyday? Ha

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I have tried Creatine many time in the last 10 years, but I have never seen any positive changes, (got gas not really positive) has anyone else found this to be true? Does anyone have any suggests ?
Horses for courses with creatine, much like any other supplement.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Same for me.... Makes me bloated, hold water and softens me up. Not for me. And before someone says it's my diet it's not when everything stays the se except for adding creatine lol

chuck box

chuck box

Awards
  • Established
Gotta admit the only thing I've noticed on creative has been the strength increases, and only seen it from monohydrate. Never really noticed any size. Unfortunately, I literally get diarrhea all day if I go above a gram or two of mono so I just stay away now from extra supplementation other than the dosage I might get in a pre workout w/ creatine

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Same for me.... Makes me bloated, hold water and softens me up. Not for me. And before someone says it's my diet it's not when everything stays the se except for adding creatine lol
This is true, tried other forums of creatine?

Gotta admit the only thing I've noticed on creative has been the strength increases, and only seen it from monohydrate. Never really noticed any size. Unfortunately, I literally get diarrhea all day if I go above a gram or two of mono so I just stay away now from extra supplementation other than the dosage I might get in a pre workout w/ creatine
Strength is what you should see...

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
This is true, tried other forums of creatine? Strength is what you should see...
hmmm...this is what I have noticed as well. It seems that it does make a difference on where you get or what brand of Creatine you are using. I have had some that messed my stomach up and others that I have no problems with. I'm using Cremax now and it seems to be working well. You should retain a bit more water because water plays an important role in converting adp into atp along with the Creatine. Something like that :)

T

TheKing7

Awards
I find this subject pretty interesting. Isn't it that roughly 30 percent of the population are non responders to creatine? I've never had an issue as I am a huge fan of creatine and always see noticeable benefits when I take it.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That's weird. I guess some ppl don't respond to it like others. How many grams did u take per day and did u take it everyday? Ha
I have tried anywhere from 1 to 10 grams a day, Pre-loaded, not pre-loading ............

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
I don't see any changes at all, I may on the odd occasion get an extra rep or 2. But that could be down to a number of factors, sleep, nutrition etc.

It's something I've taken all year before, come off and not used it and never noticed any difference.

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
I see nothing from creatine, maybe water weight, thats it

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
I find this subject pretty interesting. Isn't it that roughly 30 percent of the population are non responders to creatine? I've never had an issue as I am a huge fan of creatine and always see noticeable benefits when I take it.
You may be on to something. The 30% are popping out here on this thread :)

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think people are under the assumption that creatine will make them look bigger or have some type of cosmetic effect. In turn, creatine is just helping pull water into your cells. It should help one with increasing strength and maybe endurance. If one can move 225 on bench for three reps, creatine may help them move 5 reps the next week. Results from creatine are not visibly seen, but if one's strengh increases, it will help them with the body composition.

T

TheKing7

Awards
A lot of people have false beliefs and hopes with most supplements. What a lot of people think is that creatine is a miracle supplement that is automatically going to make you stronger. They fail to realize creatine helps you to resynthesize ATP allowing you to push out and extra reps or recover faster. So it does not directly build muscle per se, but indirectly over a period of time.