what are everyone's favorite nootropics?

D

dpk33

Banned
Awards
i have a tub of focus xt, some alcar and some choline. looking for suggestions to add

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I've tried some samples of focus xt and i really like them. Ive actually used it before exams in college. haha but heres some nootropics over at Strong Supplement Shop that are pretty nice. http://www.strongsupplementshop.com/nootropics

K

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Aniracetam by a mile with phenyl coming behind. Paired with alpha GPC.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've tried some samples of focus xt and i really like them. Ive actually used it before exams in college. haha but heres some nootropics over at Strong Supplement Shop that are pretty nice. http://www.strongsupplementshop.com/nootropics
yep. Focus xt is my go to... Haven't messed with any of the "harder" ones. some others not on the list are antaeus modular products. They have a few nootropics that are not really talked about- see below- it's the modular series ones. http://www.strongsupplementshop.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Antaeus+

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i have a tub of focus xt, some alcar and some choline. looking for suggestions to add
Favorite things for me to add to Focus XT were ALCAR and ephedrine. Both because really cheap, especially ALCAR, and also because of the pronounced benefits. I have other random things, but those were my top 2.

D

dpk33

Banned
Awards
Favorite things for me to add to Focus XT were ALCAR and ephedrine. Both because really cheap, especially ALCAR, and also because of the pronounced benefits. I have other random things, but those were my top 2.
what does ephedrine do? outside of its fat loss and appetite suppressing

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Focus XT is my go to blend or nootropics. No need to add anything to it. ALCAR + Huperzine-A is also a good, cheap effective stack. Both are available from SNS as well.

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
what does ephedrine do? outside of its fat loss and appetite suppressing
I don't know the science behind it, but ephedrine always makes me really focused. If I pop a Bronkaid with with a caffeine tab (or a scoop of FXT) then I'm usually good to go for a few hours

K

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've been using Razor's Edge, pretty good blend IMO.

My favourite combo is still probably noopept + alpha-GPC + a little caffeine, sometimes toss in some adrafinil.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Anteus labs has some nice noots you can pair with FXT.

W

warrior737

Awards
I've been using Razor's Edge, pretty good blend IMO.

My favourite combo is still probably noopept + alpha-GPC + a little caffeine, sometimes toss in some adrafinil.
I have used razors edge. I also have stacked it with GPC. Stuff works but after a day or so your body does get quite tolerant to the nootropics. I had to bump the dosing to acieve the same results after a few days using it.

K

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Phenylpiracetam builds tolerance very fast. I can't even take it for more than 2 days in a row.

K

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have used razors edge. I also have stacked it with GPC. Stuff works but after a day or so your body does get quite tolerant to the nootropics. I had to bump the dosing to acieve the same results after a few days using it.
That's because it's the phenylpiracetam, LoL. The quick kick you get from it comes from the phenylpiracetam which you can get tolerant to pretty quickly. The adrafinil helps a bit but has a different feel from phenylpiracetam.

W

warrior737

Awards
Eitherway the first time I used it I was a believer.

Hockeyaus33

Hockeyaus33

Awards
  • Established
Has anyone tried sunifiram? What is your experience(s)?

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
I'm new to noots. All I've had are choline, a bit of ALCAR mixed in another supp, and whatever noot that's in the OG Hemovol.

Are there any Noots out there that give the mental alertness that I feel after pounding a 16oz energy drink (like Sobe NoFear or a Monster).

I'm interested in alertness and fast reaction time above all else, and not so much for enhanced memory.

Thanks!

Hockeyaus33

Hockeyaus33

Awards
  • Established
I'm new to noots. All I've had are choline, a bit of ALCAR mixed in another supp, and whatever noot that's in the OG Hemovol.

Are there any Noots out there that give the mental alertness that I feel after pounding a 16oz energy drink (like Sobe NoFear or a Monster).

I'm interested in alertness and fast reaction time above all else, and not so much for enhanced memory.

Thanks!
modafinil and/or phenylpiracetam

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Phenylpiracetam would be my go to

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
modafinil and/or phenylpiracetam
Appreciate the reply. I'll dig into some research on those tomorrow.

I presume the modafinil can't be legally purchased other than as an RC possibly as its a script med yes?

Hockeyaus33

Hockeyaus33

Awards
  • Established
Modafinil may be illegal in your country but there is a better alternative called CRL 40 940 that you can buy online

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
Modafinil may be illegal in your country but there is a better alternative called CRL 40 940 that you can buy online
Yeah, I'm in the U.S.

Thanks

K

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Thanks!
Phenylpiracetam, no question. Tolerance is built very fast, so this would be for the times that you need the alertness and reaction time and can be taken as needed, there is no build up.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have been taking huperzine a, alcar, with my eca and a cap of green tea. Really like that for preworkout. Great focus and amazing energy and strentgh(from eca)

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
Phenylpiracetam, no question. Tolerance is built very fast, so this would be for the times that you need the alertness and reaction time and can be taken as needed, there is no build up.
Who is the go-to supplier for quality noots? SNS? Besides SNS I'm not aware of who else is respected as far as Noots & quality goes.

Appreciate the help.

K

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'll never remember what we can and can't post regarding company names or suppliers, so I will PM you.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Who is the go-to supplier for quality noots? SNS? Besides SNS I'm not aware of who else is respected as far as Noots & quality goes.

Appreciate the help.
If you can find Demiurge from Anteaus labs (phenyl) then you gtg.

Thanks for the kind words btw :D

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
For noots like phenyl and ani will I need to add regular old Choline, or would Alpha-GPC suffice?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Any choline will work, and you don't need it for phenyl.
This.

I prefer Alpha GPC when using a solo choline source.

IronAddiction

IronAddiction

Awards
  • Established
noopept+choline phenylpiracetam+ephedrine

T

test112

Awards
  • Established
A-GPC or CDP-choline, aniracetam, phenylpiracetam, sulbutiamine.

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
View attachment 118969

Its on my list to try. Just getting into noots and attempting to see what I respond best to.

Right now I'm working through ALCAR, Alpha-GPC, Aniracetam, Phenyl, and Canibal DaVinci (tried 1 serving and liked it)...also have focus XT both stim and non stim on the way.

51FTY

Awards
  • Established
I just bought some huperzine and phenylpiracetam. Does phenylpiracetam stack well with other things like tyrosine?

koi1214

koi1214

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just bought some huperzine and phenylpiracetam. Does phenylpiracetam stack well with other things like tyrosine? What should I notice with phenylpiracetam? Is huperzine a good choline source? What is huperzine like? I ordered the huperzine first and then ordered phenylpiracetam because it seemed like I would like it more.

I use Alpha-GPC or CDP-choline for my choline source.

http://examine.com/supplements/Phenylpiracetam/

Great post

K

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I never liked piracetam. It always made me feel very dull and anti-social. I could sit and read or be in my own mind, but it slowed me down to point where I felt dumb.

Phenylpiracetam is a different beast. It comes on in about 45 min and you feel a warmth and body temp increase, followed by a strong energy and very clear mind. When I rec dose in the 150-200mg range, it makes things very vivid. Sounds are crisper, I am hyper aware of everything visually (almost like Limitless) and colors pop. Wonderful for outdoor activities. It lasts about 5-7 hours for me.

The main downfall is that the tolerance comes so fast. I can only take it about 2x a week to keep the effects, so I use it for recreation purposes now.

51FTY

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the info. I'm looking for something to get me motivated.

K

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't take choline with phenyl and do not feel it is necessary based on my experiences. I do need it with aniracetam or I get splitting headaches. You can certainly stack it, but I don't know if it is going to serve your purpose because while it is uplifting, it sounds like you might just be down. A few months of grieving for your dog tells me that you probably went through a normal cycle of grief, but then it is lingering longer than it should. I'd force myself to get out and about and possibly look at something like St Johns Wort.

51FTY

Awards
  • Established
I tried St. John's wart before. It worked but it made me not care about anything and that's happened with most things I've tried, that were natural. I'm not leaning towards things like that but thanks. I have ptsd from him dying because of the way it happened. I'm looking for more of something for motivation, that's my problem right now.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just bought some huperzine and phenylpiracetam. Does phenylpiracetam stack well with other things like tyrosine? What should I notice with phenylpiracetam? Is huperzine a good choline source? What is huperzine like? I ordered the huperzine first and then ordered phenylpiracetam because it seemed like I would like it more.
Huperzine a is a superb ingredient. Take at least 2 days off a week though otherwise you can have some pretty not okay side effects like mental fog and even become emotionally unstable.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Huperzine a is a superb ingredient. Take at least 2 days off a week though otherwise you can have some pretty not okay side effects like mental fog and even become emotionally unstable.
To add to the mix...huperzine a also increases gh.