Creatine and dieting NATTYS ONLY

GAINZZ4DAYZZ

GAINZZ4DAYZZ

Banned
Awards
Can I use creatine while cutting and still see gains and make progress?

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you're cutting, you're not going to see gains because you'd be in a calorie deficit. If you want to recomp, you could see loss of fat with the addition of muscle.

Creatine realistically won't make a huge difference in this scenario as far as mass gains are concerned however, it could very well help you continue to progress, which in the long run will help you to further your goals. Creatine IMO, should be taken pretty much by anyone that can take it.

GAINZZ4DAYZZ

GAINZZ4DAYZZ

Banned
Awards
If you're cutting, you're not going to see gains because you'd be in a calorie deficit. If you want to recomp, you could see loss of fat with the addition of muscle.

Creatine realistically won't make a huge difference in this scenario as far as mass gains are concerned however, it could very well help you continue to progress, which in the long run will help you to further your goals. Creatine IMO, should be taken pretty much by anyone that can take it.
Would it help retain muscle and strength?

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The determining factors for muscle and strength retention are going to be largely diet and training dependent. To retain mass and strength through your cut be sure to maintain your numbers for training. To hang onto your hard earned mass be sure not to cut calories too dramatically.

Could creatine help? Sure it could, creatine is a wonder supplement. I just do not want to see you put too much emphasis on a supplement and end up disappointed. Look into TMG as well, it has some positive data on muscle gain and fat loss in trained subjects.

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
Would it help retain muscle and strength?
Strength definitely.For cutting I would suggest Creatine ethyl ester though,as Mono makes me hold water.Use Leucine for better muscle retention

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Get a mono.
Take 3-5g on workout days after 5g of 30 days worth
no cycling/loading necessary

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2649889/
http://www.jissn.com/content/6/1/6

Conclusion

Creatine ethyl ester did not show any additional benefit to increase muscle strength or performance than creatine monohydrate or maltodextose placebo.

Additionally, total body mass, fat mass, fat-free mass, and thigh muscle mass were not significantly enhanced with creatine ethyl ester supplementation compared to placebo or creatine monohydrate groups.

I. The vast majority of the improvement observed in the present study can most likely be attributed to the training protocol itself, rather than the supplementation.

Furthermore, it appears that the skeletal muscle uptake of creatine ethyl ester uptake was not significant enough to increase skeletal muscle creatine levels without significant degradation to creatinine occurring.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Strength definitely.For cutting I would suggest Creatine ethyl ester though,as Mono makes me hold water.Use Leucine for better muscle retention
CEE is not worth it and been shown to be less effective.

If you want a designer creatine, go with something like Green Mag (MCC).

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
CEE is not worth it and been shown to be less effective. If you want a designer creatine, go with something like Green Mag (MCC).
Which would also give him some Betaine.

If not that, I stick with mono as well.

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
CEE is not worth it and been shown to be less effective.

If you want a designer creatine, go with something like Green Mag (MCC).
Personally it is the ONLY creatine I got any results with,but THATS JUST ME

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Green magnitude is solid.

USP has ModernCreatine now too, which looks awesome.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I usually dont use creatine personal when im cutting. I usual just use it when im bulking because it lets me gain strength and hold water. But if you want to check out some creatine products here is our creatine page at Strong Supplement Shop.
http://www.strongsupplementshop.com/creatine?limit=all

Gainaddict

Gainaddict

Awards
  • Established
Would BCAA's not benefit him much more than Creatine?

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
Gainaddict

Gainaddict

Awards
  • Established
Like I said,Leucine for muscle retention :)
must have over looked that post, sorry man. I hate when people incessantly repeat previous posts. But for real I'd say a healthy dose of BCAA's should be the first thing you worry about and adding in Creatine certainly wouldn't hurt but those aminos would do a lot in the way of preserving muscle mass.

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
must have over looked that post, sorry man. I hate when people incessantly repeat previous posts. But for real I'd say a healthy dose of BCAA's should be the first thing you worry about and adding in Creatine certainly wouldn't hurt but those aminos would do a lot in the way of preserving muscle mass.
No problem :).I agree 100%

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Creatine is great for cutting or bulking. Creatine monohydrate at 3-5 grams daily is all one needs. Cremax is a solid creatine option. Not only do you get your 5 grams, but each serving has taurine which will help with hydration, betanine which increases performance and can have a positive effect on body composition, and cop which aids in recovery and endurance.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
most people get adequate BCAA's daily from whole foods.

BrianP0523

Banned
Awards
T3/clen/test/var. save the creatine for a bulk or when off imho.

GAINZZ4DAYZZ

GAINZZ4DAYZZ

Banned
Awards
What's the difference of bcaas and protien when it comes to preserving muscle?

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
If youre reaching adequate protein intake then bcaas wont aid much..

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Some people just use BCAAs for a few main reasons:
1) Going w/o food for a while, that would also apply to training fasted. Before/during/after training.

2) Insurance on a weight loss program.

3) Drinking for taste & through out the day when they may not be getting adequate food, also some proteins mess w/peoples stomachs so the BCAAs can come into play there as well.

As far as creatine, it's a proven supplement with a ton of studies. It can help you add mass, improve your overall work out performance as well as improve strength and muscular endurance.

Gainaddict

Gainaddict

Awards
  • Established
What's your stats OP? What diet and cut do you plan on doing? More info the better.

Gainaddict

Gainaddict

Awards
  • Established
How do you plan on consuming zero carbs? And you can't possibly expect to continue eating no carbs and not suffer from it. While fats won't make you fat they do result in the most calories from a single gram so why would you cut the carbs so low and then not count fat?
Is your goal to recomp or cut? Also age, height and weight would help.

GAINZZ4DAYZZ

GAINZZ4DAYZZ

Banned
Awards
How do you plan on consuming zero carbs? And you can't possibly expect to continue eating no carbs and not suffer from it. While fats won't make you fat they do result in the most calories from a single gram so why would you cut the carbs so low and then not count fat?
Is your goal to recomp or cut? Also age, height and weight would help.
I do that just cuz it's Easyer for me I don't like counting out every macro it drives me crazy after a while lol

I'm 5"6 185ishlbs I wanna cut down to 170

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Green magnitude is solid.

USP has ModernCreatine now too, which looks awesome.
Have you checked out VITAL1TY? And before you say how similar they are, ours was released first.

Gainaddict

Gainaddict

Awards
  • Established
I got it measured it said 20%
I'd honestly suggest keeping that protein above 180, keep the junk carbs eliminated and get carbs from veggies at every meal and adding in some rice won't kill you or your goals, and don't let your fats go nuts. I'm not a trainer or diet coach man so I don't really have a place to hand out advice like that but for real you need those carbs to stay healthy and the weight will come off fast if you kill those weights and hit some cardio, especially a stairmill if you have one to use.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Solid advice ITT but OP is 16 ;)

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
If you're 16,then you can use a protein blend which should have BCAA in.You have enough Test for muscle retention ;)

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
Sorry for the dubble post,app is very dodgy

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Have you checked out VITAL1TY? And before you say how similar they are, ours was released first.
I can't say I have, didn't even know it was a thing.

Just looked it up and it looks good, don't know crap about the phosphatidylserine though.

Price looks pretty good too, flavors sound good but I've never tried any of OLs stuff so I don't know if the flavoring is any good lol.