Top 5 "must have supplements?"

The Dynamic 1

The Dynamic 1

Dynamic Formulas
Awards
If you are serious about working out, supplements are an important part of your diet. What are your top 3-5 supplements that you must have? Why are these supplements so important to you?

Last edited:
Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
Creatine
Betaine
OT
BA
BCAA/EAA

covers everything that has been proven to work. Best of all it's only a couple of products: CreMax, Purple Wraath, and OT.
CreMax contains the 5g of creatine mono daily that is proven to work and has an inclusion of betaine, which has plenty of ergogenic benefits, and cop for some endurance. Not to mention it can be found for 10-15$ for a months worth

OT - multi + joint support, enough said

Purple Wraath - eaa/bcaa because it helps spike mps and contains BA which has also been studied

carmaf

carmaf

Awards
  • Established
I only have a top 2 really

Protein (just cost efficient, if I was wealthy I would eat 20 steaks a day)
Creatine (works for me)

rest are

Vit D(Only in the winter)
BCAA(Only if you do a lot of fasted activity)
Pre-Workout(Used sparingly, only on days you REALLY need it)

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I only have a top 2 really Protein (just cost efficient, if I was wealthy I would eat 20 steaks a day) Creatine (works for me) rest are Vit D(Only in the winter) BCAA(Only if you do a lot of fasted activity) Pre-Workout(Used sparingly, only on days you REALLY need it)
which BCAA do you recommend?

carmaf

carmaf

Awards
  • Established
which BCAA do you recommend?
Hahaha I think everyone knows I will say AminoIV. To be honest though, I haven't used many others, only Xtend and Aminocore. The only product other than AminoIV that looks appealing to me and is cost efficient is Core ABC, I may give that a run. Aminocore is pretty good actually, Key Lime Cherry tastes just like a green sour patch kid.

BCAAs are not top 2 for me because they are a real luxury. I only use them bc I work a physical job and I don't like to take breaks, and protein shakes aren't really refreshing to drink all the time. So, I take BCAAs/EAAs to drink something delicious like a candy drink, while tiding me over until I get home and eat. I didn't know if BCAAs were going to be bull****, but so far it has been working for me. A while after taking my AminoIV, my hunger subsides and I feel great. I also do eat fruits along with the drink throughout my shift (apples, kiwi, pear, banana anything on the go)

Last edited:
jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hahaha I think everyone knows I will say AminoIV. To be honest though, I haven't used many others, only Xtend and Aminocore. The only product other than AminoIV that looks appealing to me and is cost efficient is Core ABC, I may give that a run. I've also tried Aminocore and it is pretty good actually, Key Lime Cherry tastes just like a green sour patch kid. BCAAs are not top 2 for me because they are a real luxury. I only use them bc I work a physical job and I don't like to take breaks, and protein shakes aren't really refreshing to drink all the time. So, I take BCAAs/EAAs to drink something delicious like a candy drink, while tiding me over until I get home and eat. I didn't know if BCAAs were going to be bull****, but so far it has been working for me. A while after taking my AminoIV, my hunger subsides and I feel great. I also do eat fruits along with the drink throughout my shift (apples, kiwi, pear, banana anything on the go)
since you don't like to take breaks how many BCAA servings do you take a day?

carmaf

carmaf

Awards
  • Established
since you don't take breaks per day, how many BCAA servings do you take a day?
I just took the 2 scoops of AminoIV. When I was using Aminocore/Xtend I would take a scoop and a half to make sure I was getting around 5g of Leucine. I also mix in my daily creatine with it bc it is a lot more fun to drink it with the Aminos instead of plain in water.

Honestly, and this may be an unpopular opinion here, but I personally believe people overuse/overvalue supplements, and most of them are BS. If you are interested in BCAAs to tide you over in the same way I use them, try them out and see how they work for you. One thing I will also say with BCAAs though, I don't know if it is the BCAAs or just the large amount of Leucine, but I don't get sore anymore ever, and work never tires me out.

carmaf

carmaf

Awards
  • Established
To add to that post, I thought BCAAs were bunk until I read the hype around AminoIV. I gave it a shot, and it worked wonders for me, which is part of the reason I love PES so much...every single thing I've tried from them has delivered. For me eating a meal isn't an option bc it slows me down and I feel the pain of what I'm doing hahaha. Protein shakes are ok, but I need a break from them sometimes. BCAAs are just a delicious luxury, and they erase any sugary drink cravings as an added benefit.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I just took the 2 scoops of AminoIV. When I was using Aminocore/Xtend I would take a scoop and a half to make sure I was getting around 5g of Leucine. I also mix in my daily creatine with it bc it is a lot more fun to drink it with the Aminos instead of plain in water. Honestly, and this may be an unpopular opinion here, but I personally believe people overuse/overvalue supplements, and most of them are BS. If you are interested in BCAAs to tide you over in the same way I use them, try them out and see how they work for you. One thing I will also say with BCAAs though, I don't know if it is the BCAAs or just the large amount of Leucine, but I don't get sore anymore ever, and work never tires me out.
so just 1 bcaa Shake during your work day?

carmaf

carmaf

Awards
  • Established
so just 1 bcaa Shake during your work day?
Hahaha I get the feeling you are trolling but yes, with fruits. I usually only work 6-7 hours(we can take breaks if we want, but we get paid for the entire day regardless), if I'm doing 8 or more I may eat something but those shifts go to those higher in seniority so it's rare during winter.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hahaha I get the feeling you are trolling but yes, with fruits. I usually only work 6-7 hours(we can take breaks if we want, but we get paid for the entire day regardless), if I'm doing 8 or more I may eat something but those shifts go to those higher in seniority so it's rare during winter.
hahaha it's not my intention to and I apologize if I am. I just respect your suggestions and I want to find out the best way to take the amino IV. thanks for your help!

carmaf

carmaf

Awards
  • Established
hahaha it's not my intention to and I apologize if I am. I just respect your suggestions and I want to find out the best way to take the amino IV. thanks for your help!
100% TROLL CONFIRMED! Sorry if I'm not a jaded and "cool" massive supplement user like some others on here. I only post/speak about what I know, and the only products I've used the last while is PES. I've used various proteins/pres but they never come up in any threads(no one ever discusses Pre-Jym for some reason), and how can I contribute by talking out of my ass? Like I said, my personal opinion is to not overuse supplements. I recently got some Myokem samples from Swolbroham, but I need to wait until after a stim break to use them, so perhaps I will have some new products to praise.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
100% TROLL CONFIRMED! Sorry if I'm not a jaded and "cool" massive supplement user like some others on here. I only post/speak about what I know, and the only products I've used the last while is PES. I've used various proteins/pres but they never come up in any threads(no one ever discusses Pre-Jym for some reason), and how can I contribute by talking out of my ass? Like I said, my personal opinion is to not overuse supplements. I recently got some Myokem samples from Swolbroham, but I need to wait until after a stim break to use them, so perhaps I will have some new products to praise.
LOL. too funny. again, thanks for your help.

TyMan14

TyMan14

Awards
  • Established
Orange Triad
Some sort of Aminos (Usually whats on sale. If no good sales, Amino IV is my favorite)
Preworkout (Currently using Xtreme Shock or Acute FX)
Beta Alanine
Creatine

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
1. a high stimmed pre-workout
2..a quality test booster
3.any new and novel looking supplement i want to try out
4.a quality protein that can also serve as a meal replacement if needed
5.stims stims and more stims

good test boosters keep my motivation, libido, and aggression up...i am always seeing new and interesting products come out that i want to try, if i can't get a logging opportunity, the $30-$50 i spend keeps me motivated to hit the gym hard to see what it can do...so i call it a good investment.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
nitrates
agmatine
caffeine
protein powder

nitrates for NO production and keeping blood pressure in check, also a non stimmed pwo addition
agmatine for pump and gda properties, sleep better, also pwo use
caffeine for stimulation, pwo use and general energy
protein for cost effective a simple protein additions to diet

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Bulk TMG
Creatine mono or HCL
Fish oil
Na r ala or ala
St. John's wort

Type O Hero

Type O Hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
For me:

Whey Protein
Creatine
ArA

Easily my top 3

Honorable mentions: Forskolin, Caffeine, Fish Oil, Multi-Vitamin, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Agmatine (even though agmatine + ArA makes me too pumped in the arms... Yes, too much of a pump lol)

Favorite stack (for now): ArA in the form of X-Factor Advanced + Forskolin

And maybe throw in P. Acid like everyone seems to be enjoying.

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Bcaa
Pre workout
Whey protein
Recompadrol
ARA or -follidrone (-epi) I alternate them

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Multi - to help cover micronutrients you may not get from your diet
Fishoil - To help with omega 3's i cannot eat fish so this is necessary
Creatine -- Cheap + very beneficial for performance, strength, endurnace
Whey --> To help reach protein needs
Vitamin D3 (i work inside all the time and never see sunlight), Enzymes or Probiotic (Digestion)

heybeavis1

heybeavis1

Awards
MUST HAVE:
- Omega 3
- Zinc
- Magnesium
- Vitamin D3
- Creatine (I don´t use it often, but when I do...)

The Dynamic 1

The Dynamic 1

Dynamic Formulas
Awards
To add to that post, I thought BCAAs were bunk until I read the hype around AminoIV. I gave it a shot, and it worked wonders for me, which is part of the reason I love PES so much...every single thing I've tried from them has delivered. For me eating a meal isn't an option bc it slows me down and I feel the pain of what I'm doing hahaha. Protein shakes are ok, but I need a break from them sometimes. BCAAs are just a delicious luxury, and they erase any sugary drink cravings as an added benefit.
It looks to me that supplements do a lot good things for you. When you say that supps are overused, do you mean that you can get most of what you need is in food?

carmaf

carmaf

Awards
  • Established
It looks to me that supplements do a lot good things for you. When you say that supps are overused, do you mean that you can get most of what you need is in food?
What I mean with overused is with pres for example. Some people become dependent on them, it's as if working out didn't exist before pre-workouts. I also don't know how effective most supplements are or how much benefit you will see unless you are Werner Gunthor or at an elite level, which I am not. This is just my opinion and to each their own, and do whatever works for you I say. I shared my top supps, and others have shared what works for them.

The Dynamic 1

The Dynamic 1

Dynamic Formulas
Awards
What I mean with overused is with pres for example. Some people become dependent on them, it's as if working out didn't exist before pre-workouts. I also don't know how effective most supplements are or how much benefit you will see unless you are Werner Gunthor or at an elite level, which I am not. This is just my opinion and to each their own, and do whatever works for you I say. I shared my top supps, and others have shared what works for them.
I hope you didn't take that the wrong way.I tend to agree with you a little bit on that. There are a lot of supps out there that people swear by that don't do a damn thing for you. I really appreciate your input.

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I hope you didn't take that the wrong way.I tend to agree with you a little bit on that. There are a lot of supps out there that people swear by that don't do a damn thing for you. I really appreciate your input.
Curious on what's your list

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Creatine
Betaine
OT
BA
BCAA/EAA

covers everything that has been proven to work. Best of all it's only a couple of products: CreMax, Purple Wraath, and OT.
CreMax contains the 5g of creatine mono daily that is proven to work and has an inclusion of betaine, which has plenty of ergogenic benefits, and cop for some endurance. Not to mention it can be found for 10-15$ for a months worth

OT - multi + joint support, enough said

Purple Wraath - eaa/bcaa because it helps spike mps and contains BA which has also been studied
Pretty much this list for me as well. Would add in omega-3's, but that's about it for staples. Anything else is extra.

I'd be remiss to not mention that VITAL1TY also would be a suitable option for getting your daily dose of Creapure creatine and full clinical dose of betaine, along with PS which has numerous benefits, but Cremax also seems to be a good option.

I currently have both OT and purple wraath in my arsenal as well.

Alpha314

Alpha314

Awards
I include milk thistle in my wpi shake also super enzymes, raw eggs, milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, shake it well then leave it in the cooler for 24 hours for the enzymes to sort of predigest the mix, and add creatine when time to drink it, morning and evening.

Also use Hawthorne herb, Sage Leaf, Mugwort, for me it enhances an already hard wood .

and to reduce prolactin WHEN on a Super Trenabol or Nano Tren cycle my herbal infusion mix of Hibiscus flowers, Rosehip granules, Hawthorne, green tea, astragalus-root. also 170 mg Vitex per day

What i usually stack and cycle a few weeks on and a few off is Mass-HGH, Endosurge Turbo and Viron, this combo has me firing on all 10 pots just like a Viper . . . .

Just an edit to mention that i include L-Taurine and MSM crystals in my wpi protein shake

Last edited:
The Dynamic 1

The Dynamic 1

Dynamic Formulas
Awards
Curious on what's your list
I always have my protein shakes, a strong Preworkout (almost always Formula 1 that we make), Kre-Alkalyn EFX Creatine, Aminos, D3, and I like to try new supplements when I can. Thanks for asking.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Protein
Creatine
Multi
Fish Oil
Aminos...I don't specify because I use them intra workout and have noticed regular bcaa's be beneficial as well as a mixture of bcaa's and eaa's

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I always have my protein shakes, a strong Preworkout (almost always Formula 1 that we make), Kre-Alkalyn EFX Creatine, Aminos, D3, and I like to try new supplements when I can. Thanks for asking.
2nd that on trying new supplements...supp companies are coming out with some really interesting stuff, there are about 7 new supps on my list to try!!!

carmaf

carmaf

Awards
  • Established
I see fish oils and vitamins in a lot of lists. I heard from various places that fish oils and vitamins in supplement form are actually harmful? Can someone shed some light on this, sounds like BS.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I see fish oils and vitamins in a lot of lists. I heard from various places that fish oils and vitamins in supplement form are actually harmful? Can someone shed some light on this, sounds like BS.
a lot of vitamins labels have been shown to be incorrect, with certain vitamins too much is harmful, so thats where it's coming from.....however even if multi's at an affordable price or what many might view as affordable are still beneficial for overall health in many adults

klind14

Awards
a lot of vitamins labels have been shown to be incorrect, with certain vitamins too much is harmful, so thats where it's coming from.....however even if multi's at an affordable price or what many might view as affordable are still beneficial for overall health in many adults
Unfortunately, that's one of the reasons I stopped using Orange Triad. It was shown to be more than 50% higher in folic acid than what the label claimed- https://labdoor.com/review/controlled-labs-orange-triad

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
protein powder
taurine
creatine
multiv/m
VitD 2000-5000iu ed

The Dynamic 1

The Dynamic 1

Dynamic Formulas
Awards
Aside from the obvious ones

Forskolin
Ashwaghanda
Octopamine
5-htp
Cissus
Wow! That's quite the stack. What do you use the Octopamine for, energy? Also, are you using the Ashwaghanda for energy as well?

huxley309

huxley309

Awards
  • Established
Wow! That's quite the stack. What do you use the Octopamine for, energy? Also, are you using the Ashwaghanda for energy as well?
Yup and it's very good, nice and clean no jitters.
As for ashwaghanda it's a good immune booster, anti oxidant, anti inflammatory and helps cut anxiety.

Myo inostol is another one to look at, boosts vo2 Max.

The Dynamic 1

The Dynamic 1

Dynamic Formulas
Awards
Yup and it's very good, nice and clean no jitters.
As for ashwaghanda it's a good immune booster, anti oxidant, anti inflammatory and helps cut anxiety.

Myo inostol is another one to look at, boosts vo2 Max.
How much and when during the day do you take these?

huxley309

huxley309

Awards
  • Established
How much and when during the day do you take these?
i just tend to split them up through the day as and when.

ashwaghanda 400mg
octopamine 200mg
myo inostol 100mg

5-htp is 100mg for when i need knocking out, cissus is there for the joints 3g daily.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i just tend to split them up through the day as and when. ashwaghanda 400mg octopamine 200mg myo inostol 100mg 5-htp is 100mg for when i need knocking out, cissus is there for the joints 3g daily.
I'm a huge fan of octopamine

Hugeeeee fan

Love it