Tumeric

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Turmeric

After my dad went through his surgery for prostate cancer, he went through a long period of ED and just generally feeling like crap and depressed. He has been living cancer free for the last 4 years and talked to his doc about something that could help him out. He was told to start taking turmeric by his doc and the surgeon because it also is great for men that may suffer from elevated PSA levels. This was last year and it is like a completely different man. He has added days to his workouts because he is never sore, has weened off of his BP medication, and has more energy than any 75 year old man I have ever seen.

So I decided to add it in about 4 months ago and I am 100% sold on the effectiveness. I take hawthorne for slightly elevated BP due to TRT, but my BP has steadily lowered since taking turmeric and has now dropped about 12pts for systolic. The quality and number of daily erections is VERY noticeable. DOMS are basically a thing of the past, meaning I can train harder and not be down in pain the following 2 days.

Anyway, just providing some anecdotal info from my (and my dads) experience so encourage you guys to look into it if you are not already using it.

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Brand and dosage? Think I used it for joints and worked well.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have been using GAIA brand, but my dad uses another, so I don't think the brands matter quite so much. It does seem that added black pepper helps with absorption, so I'd look for one with that included.

koi1214

koi1214

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
After my dad went through his surgery for prostate cancer, he went through a long period of ED and just generally feeling like crap and depressed. He has been living cancer free for the last 4 years and talked to his doc about something that could help him out. He was told to start taking tumeric by his doc and the surgeon because it also is great for men that may suffer from elevated PSA levels. This was last year and it is like a completely different man. He has added days to his workouts because he is never sore, has weened off of his BP medication, and has more energy than any 75 year old man I have ever seen.

So I decided to add it in about 4 months ago and I am 100% sold on the effectiveness. I take hawthorne for slightly elevated BP due to TRT, but my BP has steadily lowered since taking tumeric and has now dropped about 12pts for systolic. The quality and number of daily erections is VERY noticeable. DOMS are basically a thing of the past, meaning I can train harder and not be down in pain the following 2 days.

Anyway, just providing some anecdotal info from my (and my dads) experience so encourage you guys to look into it if you are not already using it.
Great post and great info on tumeric's effect on PSA levels for us older guys.

koi1214

koi1214

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have been using GAIA brand, but my dad uses another, so I don't think the brands matter quite so much. It does seem that added black pepper helps with absorption, so I'd look for one with that included.
How much do you guys use?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The total extract in the gaia brand is just under 500mg and I take one cap 2x a day. 500mg seems to be a fairly common amount per dose.

I do want to add that there are a lot of brands out there and almost everyone is rated extremely high, so I doubt you could go wrong with one that saved you some money and still provided the common 500mg+ amount.