Anxiety and how to help calm it

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
All right guys/gals wasn't sure where to post this so hopefully here works.
I've delt with anxiety for years. I took Celexa for a long time which seemed to work fairly decent. Recently my doc switched me to Lexapro which works pretty good, but lately my anxiety has been pretty high. I know some has to do with certain supplements I take, which I change up to help avoid it but I have had a lot of stress lately which seems to kick it in. I can get Xanax if I want but would rather not.

So the question is what have you guys used naturally to help? I believe somewhere I heard St. Johns Wort helps, but I am not sure. Any suggestions??

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
http://orbitnutrition.com/cart/bps-adrenosurge-60-capsules.html

Adrenosurge is well reviewed so far,

St. Johns can work for some
Theanine
Ashwagandha
Magnesium

Antioxidants can help with physiological effects of stress to an extent as well

None of these would be comparable to a medication prescribed by your doctor though

dbrock504

dbrock504

Awards
This might be a weird question and from a very different angle, but are you religious? Sometimes anxiety is created and not necessarily medical or neuro related.

Matthew 6:25-34

It's not always that easy. I realize that, but sometimes it is. Good luck to ya

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
http://orbitnutrition.com/cart/bps-adrenosurge-60-capsules.html

Adrenosurge is well reviewed so far,

St. Johns can work for some
Theanine
Ashwagandha
Magnesium

Antioxidants can help with physiological effects of stress to an extent as well

None of these would be comparable to a medication prescribed by your doctor though
BPS adrenosurge would do you well brother! It puts me in a calm mood.
Thanks guys. Adrenosurge is pretty cheap so I will pick some up.

This might be a weird question and from a very different angle, but are you religious? Sometimes anxiety is created and not necessarily medical or neuro related.

Matthew 6:25-34

It's not always that easy. I realize that, but sometimes it is. Good luck to ya
Thanks dbrock504. Yes religous and I have read those scriptures before. But it is not worrying that brings on my anxiety. I have tried to control it without meds before and can't. Their are different types of anxiety. I guess I would describe mine more as a Panic/Social anxiety disorder. When it is high it is like I want to hide, can't look at someone in the eyes when I am talking to them, get shakey, heart races, etc. Sucks!

My wife is picking up some St J wort tonight, And I will order some Adrenosurge. I will give the SJW a week or so and see how it works before starting the Adreno.

Ristonian

Ristonian

Awards
This might be a weird question and from a very different angle, but are you religious? Sometimes anxiety is created and not necessarily medical or neuro related. Matthew 6:25-34 It's not always that easy. I realize that, but sometimes it is. Good luck to ya
Haha I don't know about that verse brother specifically in this case but definitely battle it out without all that crap. Fear brings in tons of wisdom and a better connection to the Holy Spirit. You'll feel great when you're totally by yourself reading/researching/thinking/watching. It takes a long time to conquer but it's worth it in the end. Try mucuna prurines or liquid trust and of course A glass of wine in the evening.

Psalm 104:15

Ristonian

Ristonian

Awards
Thanks guys. Adrenosurge is pretty cheap so I will pick some up. Thanks dbrock504. Yes religous and I have read those scriptures before. But it is not worrying that brings on my anxiety. I have tried to control it without meds before and can't. Their are different types of anxiety. I guess I would describe mine more as a Panic/Social anxiety disorder. When it is high it is like I want to hide, can't look at someone in the eyes when I am talking to them, get shakey, heart races, etc. Sucks! My wife is picking up some St J wort tonight, And I will order some Adrenosurge. I will give the SJW a week or so and see how it works before starting the Adreno.
Ahhh we replied at the same time. You got that good fear. The eye thing I had that. Try talking to a person while saying what you want to say then when you're done saying it, make eye contact then break away. That whole staring them down while talking is dumb anyway. Ya don't need it

dbrock504

dbrock504

Awards
Thanks guys. Adrenosurge is pretty cheap so I will pick some up. Thanks dbrock504. Yes religous and I have read those scriptures before. But it is not worrying that brings on my anxiety. I have tried to control it without meds before and can't. Their are different types of anxiety. I guess I would describe mine more as a Panic/Social anxiety disorder. When it is high it is like I want to hide, can't look at someone in the eyes when I am talking to them, get shakey, heart races, etc. Sucks! My wife is picking up some St J wort tonight, And I will order some Adrenosurge. I will give the SJW a week or so and see how it works before starting the Adreno.
Well I can't act like I understand because I don't. That verse was not supposed to target and specific issue but rather give you an idea of what I was saying through the Good Book's words. Hope the androsurge helps ya man

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Well I can't act like I understand because I don't. That verse was not supposed to target and specific issue but rather give you an idea of what I was saying through the Good Book's words. Hope the androsurge helps ya man

I hope you didnt take that wrong, I do look to the book for help with a lot of things in daily life ;)

dbrock504

dbrock504

Awards
I hope you didnt take that wrong, I do look to the book for help with a lot of things in daily life ;)
No, of course not! I know there's a lot to anxiety. I can't possibly imagine how it affects daily life. Not that it's related to your situation, but my wife CONSTANTLY worries about insignificant things and it keeps her up at night. I suggested she read the book, she found a lot of things that put her mind to ease. I just thought I would try the same thing. I'm glad you read the bible. The way society has evolved, more people need to, imo.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
As an FYI st. Johns wart (and even medical SSRI's) take weeks to take effect so give it time

Adaptogens (some included in Adrenosurge) I find work much faster

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Hey man I know what you are going through to an extent. With me its not a daily thing but I can have it shut me down some days to the point I dont want to leave the house. I have tried herbal remedies I have tried meditation ( which works for me at night if I am hit with it) I have never gone the Medical rout but for me a small serving of Phenibut has helped me at extreme times ( 300-600 mg) it takes a bit to kick in and if you take a lot (2-4 grams) it can inebriate you but its worth a shot if you want to try it.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Hey man I know what you are going through to an extent. With me its not a daily thing but I can have it shut me down some days to the point I dont want to leave the house. I have tried herbal remedies I have tried meditation ( which works for me at night if I am hit with it) I have never gone the Medical rout but for me a small serving of Phenibut has helped me at extreme times ( 300-600 mg) it takes a bit to kick in and if you take a lot (2-4 grams) it can inebriate you but its worth a shot if you want to try it.

Thanks McCrew. I'll keep that in mind too. I honestly think it is the T3 that is causing it lately. Sounds funny that it would be that, but awhile back I was using Clen and T3 and it kicked in my anxiety. I dropped them both but really thought it was the Clen that was causing it.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Clen can make me shaky for sure and the extra energy can trigger an attack but being that you were also adding in T3 your sympathetic nervous system is more active which can cause this effect as well. So keep Calm and lift on my friend

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I've delt with anxiety for years. I took Celexa for a long time which seemed to work fairly decent. Recently my doc switched me to Lexapro which works pretty good, but lately my anxiety has been pretty high. I know some has to do with certain supplements I take, which I change up to help avoid it but I have had a lot of stress lately which seems to kick it in. I can get Xanax if I want but would rather not.

So the question is what have you guys used naturally to help? I believe somewhere I heard St. Johns Wort helps, but I am not sure. Any suggestions??
All of these work individually or can be stacked

Ashwagandha + theanine + passion flower + magnesium

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ashwagandha, bacopa, alpha GPC, and aniracetam. I always add rhodiola as well for physical stress management, but wouldn't be necessary for anxiety.

Ashawagandha and bacopa are going to be great for general anxiety because for me, it calms the mind and just evens things out so something minor doesn't build in my head. It just eases the mind.

Alpha GPC and ani are great for social anxiety and speech. It completely removes the fight or flight feel and helps the fluidity of speech. I don't have any social anxiety, but I deal with executive level people daily and am required to give speeches and presentations to large rooms of people, so it is important to feel calm and speak well. This is a very effective combination for this.

The thing that is nice about these all together is that they keep you calm, yet alert. The last thing I want is to feel dull or slow.

The Dynamic 1

The Dynamic 1

Dynamic Formulas
Awards
Phenibut works great. But be very careful. You can become dependent on it and the withdrawals are terrible. You think you have panic attacks now???? Just use it once or twice a week when the anxiety is really bad.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Phenibut works great. But be very careful. You can become dependent on it and the withdrawals are terrible. You think you have panic attacks now???? Just use it once or twice a week when the anxiety is really bad.
Did you experience the panic attacks personally? I have read many second had accounts of bad symptoms after repeated use but have yet to comes into contact with anyone who actually had a problem with it.
I used it just about every day for a month and had zero withdrawal symptoms. But my body doesn't really ever get those symptoms. Even after I was on prescribed opiates for a while I went cold turkey and nothing. That being said take my experience and make your own decision on what you want to do. Everyone's body Errol have a different response and if you have an addictive personality the narcotic effect that pheni can have may give you problems

Abraham67

Abraham67

Awards
Buspirone anxiety meds saved my life. Said it on multiple threads. And It isn't a benzo.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Phenibut was terrible for me and really made me depressed and agitated for 2-3 days after taking. I tried it again a couple of times to assess and the same results happened each time.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Kratom's would help IMO

Red/yellow vein
Bali
Super indo

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys for all the replys. I will look into each one. Right now I am waiting on some Adrenosurge and taking St. JW. I will experiment with a little of everything and see which works best for me..

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
Thanks guys for all the replys. I will look into each one. Right now I am waiting on some Adrenosurge and taking St. JW. I will experiment with a little of everything and see which works best for me..
Hope adrenosurge treats you well!

madmuscle24

Awards
  • First Up Vote
L theanine at 200-300 mg , picamilon at 150-300mg and rhodiola at 500 mg works well for me.

sprintsss

Banned
Awards

2 things

L-theanine 1 gram
Inositol

Thank me later

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you're on Lexapro which you said you were you shouldn't even be attempting to remedy your anxiety with supplements unless under the care of your prescribing provider. Many supplements out there and many supplements listed within this thread do have the potential to have negative interactions ranging from mild to severe.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I guess I would describe mine more as a Panic/Social anxiety disorder. When it is high it is like I want to hide, can't look at someone in the eyes when I am talking to them, get shakey, heart races, etc. Sucks!
I would also look into getting a prescription for Propranolol if those are your symptoms. It's a beta-blocker that is used for a variety of things, but has also been used for stage-fright and fears of public speaking. It's not a benzo or addictive and you would only take it when you need it or are about to enter a situation that you know makes you anxious. I can personally testify that it helps with the shaking and racing heart during anxiety attacks.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
If you're on Lexapro which you said you were you shouldn't even be attempting to remedy your anxiety with supplements unless under the care of your prescribing provider. Many supplements out there and many supplements listed within this thread do have the potential to have negative interactions ranging from mild to severe.
Your probably right Spaniard. I know even some supps I take now affect my anxiety...

I would also look into getting a prescription for Propranolol if those are your symptoms. It's a beta-blocker that is used for a variety of things, but has also been used for stage-fright and fears of public speaking. It's not a benzo or addictive and you would only take it when you need it or are about to enter a situation that you know makes you anxious. I can personally testify that it helps with the shaking and racing heart during anxiety attacks.
Thanks , I may look into it also.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So very much this^^^ There seems to be a lot of people that equate anything that requires a prescription as bad and anything over-the-counter as "natural" and good.

jdg76, like you said in your original post, it may be due to the supplements that you are taking so I wouldn't discount the ability of Lexapro to help. You might want to create an inventory of supplements that you are currently taking which might be making your anxiety worse and consider if they're really worth it.

sprintsss

Banned
Awards
So very much this^^^ There seems to be a lot of people that equate anything that requires a prescription as bad and anything over-the-counter as "natural" and good.

jdg76, like you said in your original post, it may be due to the supplements that you are taking so I wouldn't discount the ability of Lexapro to help. You might want to create an inventory of supplements that you are currently taking which might be making your anxiety worse and consider if they're really worth it.
Eliminate ALL stimulants
Over consumption of sodium

And take 1 gram of ltheanine
And inositol

JJB1

JJB1

Awards
Kratom's would help IMO

Red/yellow vein
Bali
Super indo
Kratom has completely removed my diagnosed social anxiety disorder. The benefits of kratom are many. I like mixing the various strains so I get energy, pain killing, become social, no anxiety, and no more insomnia.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Kratom has completely removed my diagnosed social anxiety disorder. The benefits of kratom are many. I like mixing the various strains so I get energy, pain killing, become social, no anxiety, and no more insomnia.
There are many benefits, but also they are VERY SIMILAR to an opiate and act on the same receptors. So, if someone has an addictive personality or abused drugs in the past, these are not for them.

JJB1

JJB1

Awards
There are many benefits, but also they are VERY SIMILAR to an opiate and act on the same receptors. So, if someone has an addictive personality or abused drugs in the past, these are not for them.
True. Kratom should be used no more than 2-3 times a week to avoid withdrawal symptoms. Even so, I love the benefits that kratom have brought into my life.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Lemon balm extract..preferably HerbPharm brand liquid. Works great. Also having great success with Uridine + DHA combo.

throneof

throneof

Awards
  • Established
All of these work individually or can be stacked Ashwagandha + theanine + passion flower + magnesium
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't ashwaghanda cause rebound anxiety?

throneof

throneof

Awards
  • Established
Your probably right Spaniard. I know even some supps I take now affect my anxiety... Thanks , I may look into it also.
Why not just eliminate the supps that are causing the anxiety instead of taking more stuff to mask other stuff? What is it you are taking that causes your anxiety?

throneof

throneof

Awards
  • Established
I had someone close pass tragically and young. Doc gave me benzodiazepine to sleep. I've taken them 8 out of the last 12 days. I think I should stop. Tolerance etc are my concerns. What say everybody?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I avoid pharms at all costs and benzos especially. I keep Relora around for restless nights or particularly stressful days and 2x 300mg caps are akin to taking a 10mg valium for me. I just melt into the couch and feel amazing.

Kickstart7

Kickstart7

Awards
I've had it come here and there to do college athletics and I used GABA. It was a simple cost effective supp and it brought peace to mind. Might wanna give it a shot! Not expensive at all.

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established

Some of the best things to NOT take with anxiety is Yohimbe, caffeine, preworkouts.

To calm you you can use Rhodiola at least 3% Rosavins at about 400mg a day, also GABA or Pikatrolin or what ever its called that's popular in preworkouts now is actually calming. A company called Creative Compounds distributes it to manufactures.

Grass hoppa

Awards
Dried chamomile flowers, apigenin, l-Theanine.

slimsaw00

Awards
  • Established
I use a a combo of AdrenoSurge, Agmatine and amentoflavone in the morning and another cap of AdrenoSurge mid-afternoon.

Lots of good suggestions in here, just thought I'd share what has helped me out a bit.

Matt

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
I use a a combo of AdrenoSurge, Agmatine and amentoflavone in the morning and another cap of AdrenoSurge mid-afternoon.

Lots of good suggestions in here, just thought I'd share what has helped me out a bit.

Matt
Highly recommend adrenosurge.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Honestly I would address this through meditation and/or counseling if that is an option. Supplements and meds may just be covering up the underlying issue(s).

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Did you experience the panic attacks personally? I have read many second had accounts of bad symptoms after repeated use but have yet to comes into contact with anyone who actually had a problem with it.
I used it just about every day for a month and had zero withdrawal symptoms. But my body doesn't really ever get those symptoms. Even after I was on prescribed opiates for a while I went cold turkey and nothing. That being said take my experience and make your own decision on what you want to do. Everyone's body Errol have a different response and if you have an addictive personality the narcotic effect that pheni can have may give you problems
I got addicted to phenibut at one point, but it eventually stopped giving me any benefits even as dose escalated, so i then turned to harsher GABAergics. It was rough on me.

DigitalB

DigitalB

Banned
Awards
I recently just started taking Phenibut at night, before bed..

And I swear, the next morning my anxiety is worse.. This ever happened to anyone? Reasoning?

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
I recently just started taking Phenibut at night, before bed..

And I swear, the next morning my anxiety is worse.. This ever happened to anyone? Reasoning?
How much are you taking?

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
I got addicted to phenibut at one point, but it eventually stopped giving me any benefits even as dose escalated, so i then turned to harsher GABAergics. It was rough on me.
Ghb I am guessing?