glutamine ?

EddieILift409

Awards
When is the best time to use glutamine throughout the day ?

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
It's not going to do much for you for bodybuilding

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I personally don't use it but I know a lot of my friends swear by it so idk. Its suppose to help speed up muscle recovery and reduce soreness so my guess is the best time to take it is before or after your workout. Probably after more than before.

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
I personally don't use it but I know a lot of my friends swear by it so idk. Its suppose to help speed up muscle recovery and reduce soreness so my guess is the best time to take it is before or after your workout. Probably after more than before.
There is a competitive bodybuilder at the gym I go to that uses it. There is also a 72 year old (former bodybuilder and competitive world record holder for power lifting) who highly recommends it. He says it helps the spleen. I use it in my post workout shake.

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
I've used it before at 15mg per day,you won't get sick on it(it elevates your immune system functions),but muscle building wize it won't do anything.Creatine mono is cheaper and works alot better for bbing..it also tastes better

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
Also if it's muscle soreness you wat to reduce rather use clean leucine or a Bcaa with a bcaa ratio of atleast 3:1:1,make sure you get 3g+ L-Leucin,i would do 6 weeks of 10g creatine mon with 5g leucine then 2 weeks off so your body doesn't get used to it

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Also if it's muscle soreness you wat to reduce rather use clean leucine or a Bcaa with a bcaa ratio of atleast 3:1:1,make sure you get 3g+ L-Leucin,i would do 6 weeks of 10g creatine mon with 5g leucine then 2 weeks off so your body doesn't get used to it
The body doesn't "get used" to either creatine or BCAA.

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
Well with me it started to loose its effect
Although..it may have been a placebo effect..point still stands creatine>bcaa>glutamine (for muscle building)

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Creatine supplementation is still going to have a positive effect on the PCr system and leucine supplementation will still have a positive effect on mTOR and MPS (provided they're both used in the proper dose). Saying that the body will get used to either one is like saying the body will get used to beef.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Facepalm....

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
Creatine supplementation is still going to have a positive effect on the PCr system and leucine supplementation will still have a positive effect on mTOR and MPS (provided they're both used in the proper dose). Saying that the body will get used to either one is like saying the body will get used to beef.
Yeah I was wrong about that part sorry guys

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
Glutamine when you're fasting. 10-100grams. Be careful you don't shard yourself.

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
I use it for my hypoglycemic clients
Per the study, try it with sodium bicarb -or to make it more palatable: seltzer. Since glutamine has the weird natural sweet taste, it tastes pretty yummy with seltzer.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Per the study, try it with sodium bicarb -or to make it more palatable: seltzer. Since glutamine has the weird natural sweet taste, it tastes pretty yummy with seltzer.
Problem w the bicarbonate is that just a little too much make you run to the bathroom

They suck it up and flavor is a non issue

anabolix

Awards
  • Established
If you're taking a good protein shake, then i don't see the point in taking in extra glutamine. A good whey protein will have all the glutamine you need.

braskibra

braskibra

Awards
The body doesn't "get used" to either creatine or BCAA.
Technically, it could be possible. did you by any chance read the article on AM with the long term creatine supplementation?