CM Vs. L-Citrulline

SwoleyMammoth

SwoleyMammoth

Awards
What's the difference between CM and L-Citrulline?

Preferable brands for both products?

Thanks!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Sometimes you do not even need to buy them in bulk because products offer them at a legit dose or very close to a legit dose (3g L-Cit or 6g CM) upwared to 8g pre-workout have been studied and proven by research
If you do want a bulk CM i would highly suggest Primaforce.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
What's the difference between CM and L-Citrulline? Preferable brands for both products? Thanks!
The only real difference is that you meed more CM vs. l-cit to get the proper dose.

CM adds no real extra benefit, and is typically 2:1 ratio so you would use 6-8g of CM generally.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Malate doesn't have much at all for ergogenic effects, so Citrulline is my go to.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
For the purposes I/most of us use Citrulline for, go with L-Citrulline.

frankz2

frankz2

Awards
We used Citrulline Malate (6 grams) in our CONQU3R: DGE. Not only for the citrulline benefits, but malic acid has the potential to increase energy production as a necessary component of the Krebs' cycle, as well as improving recovery by counteracting the buildup of lactic acid.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just go for Citrulline. If the Citrulline Malate isn't bonded, malic acid dissociates quite a bit, leaving you with basically nothing in terms of malic acid.

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
We used Citrulline Malate (6 grams) in our CONQU3R: DGE. Not only for the citrulline benefits, but malic acid has the potential to increase energy production as a necessary component of the Krebs' cycle, as well as improving recovery by counteracting the buildup of lactic acid.
In theory not in practice...

jp_x_type

jp_x_type

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, and malic acid might also enhance other minerals' absorption (calcium, magnesium).
I personally use a mixture of both, and also like doing them all through the day. Before bed they help me sleep deeper for example, and before meals can help to shuttle nutrients where they're needed I heard

jp_x_type

jp_x_type

Awards
  • Established
Malic acid is dirt cheap. I use Nature's Life Malic Acid 800mg caps (250 caps for like 11 bucks). I or 2 a day in the morning with my caffeine-free boost stack

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Malate does not do this though, in vivo. This much is clear; further, malic acid does not even reach muscle tissue in appreciable quantities due to pharmacokinetic acid/base limitations. That said, conquer is pretty awesome and ~3g worth of citrulline in the product is a good dose.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Yeah, and malic acid might also enhance other minerals' absorption (calcium, magnesium).
I personally use a mixture of both, and also like doing them all through the day. Before bed they help me sleep deeper for example, and before meals can help to shuttle nutrients where they're needed I heard
It does not do any of these things. Literally none of them. It does not improve the absorption of minerals...it is simply a common chelate found in AA-chelated magnesium/calcium. Malic acid will do nothing more than acidify the GI tract. It will unqestionably have no effect on sleep or energy (don't buy the homeopathy BS you read online), and it absolutely will not "shuttle nutrients." If you have experienced any of these things, it's unfortunately in your head :(

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Just go for Citrulline. If the Citrulline Malate isn't bonded, malic acid dissociates quite a bit, leaving you with basically nothing in terms of malic acid.
Yep. Here's a good breakdown:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=134885041&p=688249571&viewfull=1#post688249571

As far as I know, there are no bonded malate products on the market (please correct me if I'm wrong), so malate/malic acid is indeed useless for anything besides improving solubility of your beverage if it contains zwitterions (it lowers pH).

jp_x_type

jp_x_type

Awards
  • Established
It does not do any of these things. Literally none of them. It does not improve the absorption of minerals...it is simply a common chelate found in AA-chelated magnesium/calcium. Malic acid will do nothing more than acidify the GI tract. It will unqestionably have no effect on sleep or energy (don't buy the homeopathy BS you read online), and it absolutely will not "shuttle nutrients." If you have experienced any of these things, it's unfortunately in your head :(
I respect your posts and knowledge mrcooper, so I'm going to take your word on this one. I guess I just love trying new supps in an attempt to improve my overall health as well as my gym performances so I got pulled into the hype on this one (wasn't the only one!!). The part about acidifying the GI track makes me worried as I have a sensitive digestive system, so I will watch out for any sides before I stop taking it when I finish the bottle

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yep. Here's a good breakdown: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=134885041&p=688249571&viewfull=1#post688249571 As far as I know, there are no bonded malate products on the market (please correct me if I'm wrong), so malate/malic acid is indeed useless for anything besides improving solubility of your beverage if it contains zwitterions (it lowers pH).
I thought Scivation made a big deal about being bonded and that's why theirs is superior..?..?.?.!..?

B1LL1ST1C

Awards
I believe Scivation uses a 1:1 bond and Allmax uses a 2:1 but is a bit pricey and a pain to scoop out with such small bottles.

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
I like me some Citrulline. some creatine, taurine and Citrulline and im gtg

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I respect your posts and knowledge mrcooper, so I'm going to take your word on this one. I guess I just love trying new supps in an attempt to improve my overall health as well as my gym performances so I got pulled into the hype on this one (wasn't the only one!!). The part about acidifying the GI track makes me worried as I have a sensitive digestive system, so I will watch out for any sides before I stop taking it when I finish the bottle
It shouldn't cause issues really, because the H+ dissociates and negatively affects further H+ production from the GI mucosa (le chatelier's principle). So it will likely be a wash