Interested in people's opinions. So here is the list to choose from;

Potassium nitrate(or any nitrates)
Caffeine
Ephedrine
PA(specifically lecithin granules)
Alpha-GPC
Amento
AMP citrate(if u can still get it)

Curious what people think is the best single ingredient. Feel free to add one to the list if I didn't say it but keep in mind we are talking acute strength gains.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
EC+Amentomax

All are cheap and easy to administer.

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
If we're talking single ingredient caffeine will always be king imo.

Running EC is just pure energy though

For push movements my best came from EC + ArA, for pulls Osta + Folli

K

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yep, anything that is a stimulant. Always nice to have nitrates involved, though.

S

Swolljaboi

Awards
I'm making excellent progress since I started using amento and PA (soy lecithin)

wray98

wray98

Awards
Caffeine is king..... and amp is still available in abundance.

N

NewAgeMayan

Awards
Amento for me, 120mg, hands down

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

Caffeine
Ephedrine
Alpha-GPC
Amento

Curious what people think is the best single ingredient. Feel free to add one to the list if I didn't say it but keep in mind we are talking acute strength gains.
Out of the choices provided: Amento

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm looking to try Antaeus Labs Ultra-Stano as part of my next cycle. Supposedly it's really good for strength.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Laxogenin, 5a-hydroxy in transdermal form was good to me
ARA was also solid

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Truly accute (from the first dose) caffeine and amento

Fast acting and undoubtedly the best for strength Arachidonic Acid (X-Factor) and/or creatine monohydrate

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
I'm looking to try Antaeus Labs Ultra-Stano as part of my next cycle. Supposedly it's really good for strength.

Is Stano just Epiandrosterone?

G

Gmead80

Awards
Amp citrate does it for me with caffiene. Been using amentomax with not much results, tried 2 caps pre workout for 3 weeks and upped it to 3 caps pre for the last 2 weeks, not really seeing or feeling much from it but that's just me. Seems like amento has been getting great reviews, just didn't do it for me. Amp has me zoned in, used it about 8 times and yet to have a bad workout on it. Just gotta watch tolerance

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Caff and Amento for sure!

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
A lot of solid anecdotal feedback is pointing to Amento for acute strength gains. I've enjoyed ArA as well for supplements that assist with this goal.

On your list, nitrates seem to be great for endurance more so than strength.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
COP, Amentoflavone and Caffeine. if you're looking for rep increases add in Citrulline Malate over L Citrulline

M

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
COP, Amentoflavone and Caffeine. if you're looking for rep increases add in Citrulline Malate over L Citrulline
They have the same effects (the malate doesn't add anything). A rough approximation for 1:1 cit mal is that 1g citrulline = 2g cit mal

S

SoupNaziNazi

Awards
They have the same effects (the malate doesn't add anything). A rough approximation for 1:1 cit mal is that 1g citrulline = 2g cit mal
how much of the regular cit is recommended for performance enhancement? Like before the point of diminishing returns

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Surprised no one has mentioned betaine. I know there's minimal evidence on increased power output, but anecdotally i notice a bit of a strength increase. Otherwise i like amento and caffeine.

Reactions: mw1
mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Surprised no one has mentioned betaine. I know there's minimal evidence on increased power output, but anecdotally i notice a bit of a strength increase. Otherwise i like amento and caffeine.
Agreed and probably one of the cheapest products

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
N

NewAgeMayan

Awards
I wish I got immediate strength increases from betaine :/

N

NewAgeMayan

Awards
I never saw anything acute, but has lots of good data with prolonged usage.
Indeed; I made my purchase based on that. As with creatine, I took it over time 'hoping' it was having some positive effect on my training, but I honestly cant say I noticed an improvement in my progression due to it.

Of course, its possible both may have staved off a stall or plateau, but again if either has a benefit for me its one Im going to have to assume is occuring (it is certainly not apparent nor obvious).

K

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Alpha-GPC and betaine for me.
I've been taking Alpha GPC for the last 10 years or so, but only for the cognitive benefits that I love. I was actually thinking about trying to take it for performance enhancement pwo and then before bed.

Betaine I just don't know if it did much. I think I was looking for something and didn't give it enough time.

D

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've been taking Alpha GPC for the last 10 years or so, but only for the cognitive benefits that I love. I was actually thinking about trying to take it for performance enhancement pwo and then before bed.

Betaine I just don't know if it did much. I think I was looking for something and didn't give it enough time.
Out of curiosity, do you take any sort of cholinergic in greater quantity than alpha-GPC?

They do have some overlap.

S

SoupNaziNazi

Awards
I've been taking Alpha GPC for the last 10 years or so, but only for the cognitive benefits that I love. I was actually thinking about trying to take it for performance enhancement pwo and then before bed. Betaine I just don't know if it did much. I think I was looking for something and didn't give it enough time.
I like to take 4g betaine preworkout and I do like the effects. Maybe everyone saying they aren't seeing acute ones aren't taking a lot? How much do you all take pre?

N

NewAgeMayan

Awards
Id been using the MTech betaine nitrate product, or CL's WPump...cant remember offhand what those amounted to but Im pretty sure I researched it at the time and they fell within the dosing range used in 'the' study (and what others recommended).

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
4 g of betaine would send me to the bathroom.

S

szZXsquid

Awards
Took some iforce potassium nitrates with one caffeine tablet equivalent to. 200 mg of caffeine and 2 caps of amentomax and had one of the most solid leg days in months haha good combo too , betaine works well too

S

SoupNaziNazi

Awards
Took some iforce potassium nitrates with one caffeine tablet equivalent to. 200 mg of caffeine and 2 caps of amentomax and had one of the most solid leg days in months haha good combo too , betaine works well too
this is close to what I take. Except add another amento and 600mg alpha GPC

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established

Caffeine
Ephedrine
Alpha-GPC
Amento

If you're talking off the list I would say steroids but sense I have to be nice ...

Caffeine will always be king .

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
What's the cause of the stomach distress with Betaine? I wasn't aware it was such a common issue.

I took like 6.5g pre once and didn't bat an eye. o_O. Didn't mean to, just happen to mix 3 products that had solid doses of it.