Help ID'ing these compounds?

Olestra

Olestra

Awards
Hey guys, long time lurker, only third time poster.

The reason I felt I had to post this is because of some very ....strange ingredients in a supp I just purchased. Or at least some strange nomenclatures.
There are also some very bold claims about the size gains it can give found on various places online. Just a simple google search will show you what I mean.

The name of the supp is Nubreed "Devour". I purchased it on an impulse black Friday buy because of its high (maybe bs) reviews and the fact that people seem to really like their BCAA and PWO. Its supposed to be a mass gaining sup with some BS about keeping you hungry all the time because all the nutrients in your food are being absorbed quickly (dubious...).

The first three ingredients are listed by extremely obscure nomenclatures, but think #1 is a plant falvonol Kaempferide. I'm no scientist but this examine article seems to say what I think are some positive things about glucose uptake, and fatty acid production. It also (i think) says something about mimicking estrogen in the way that soy does but to a much lower extent? Or am I wrong about that? Just google "kaempferide examine" and you'll find what I'm referring to, my post count is too low to post links.

The second compound is the one that really confuses me. They have it written as:
4,4’-(Tetrahydrofuran-3.4-diyldimethanediy)bis(2-methoxyphenol),5-hydroxy-2methyl-naphthalene-1, 4-dine
A google search for this nomenclaure turns up a few links to Devour and nothing more. So it's obviously a purposely obscured ingredient. This is the one I'm most curious about. The size gain claims are pretty absurd, leading to me believe that if the bottle is accurately labeled, this ingredient must be some kind of PH.

And the third ingredient, looks like a crazy obscure nomenclature for beta-sitosterol. The rest of the ingredients are pretty standard herbs marketed for GH/Test boosting properties.

So really, that second ingredient is whats bothering me. I want to know what it is before/if I start this bottle. Like I said the reports are so absurd in terms of size gains that I have to conclude one of the following:

1) Ingredient #2 or an unlisted ingredient in there is a PH
2) The reviews are all lies
3) The product is spiked with an appetite stimulant. The reason I say this is the only other product I've found with that Kaempferide (ingredient #1) stuff in it is B.M.F. Salvation from Chaotic Labz, a supp which is supposed to have very similar effects to Devour and was apparently found to be spiked with an appetite drug. I would link you but my post count is too low, but it should come up if you search on google.

So in summary, I'm pretty skeptical of the product, both of its ingredients and its effects. Any light you guys could shine on the matter would be much appreciated. Thanks.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ingredient one is hard to source

I believevthey have other ingredients in products that are hard to source or isolate and are extremely expensive

Olestra

Olestra

Awards
Ingredient one is hard to source

I believevthey have other ingredients in products that are hard to source or isolate and are extremely expensive
...which leads me to believe they are BSing. Would I be wrong to assume that?

Olestra

Olestra

Awards
Hold on, I might have been wrong about the first ingredient being Kaempferol. I think it's another flavonol though, not totally sure. Here's the nomenclature:

3,5,7-Trihydroxy-2(3-hydroxy-4-methoxy-phenyl)-chromen-4-one-5-hydroxy-2-methyl-naphthalene-1, 4-dione
Any ideas?

megamatt68

Awards
I googled the last bit of the second compound: 5-hydroxy-2methyl-naphthalene-1, 4-dine and it came up as Plumbagin, a compound that I wouldn't want to ingest. Not that my answer is all that pertinent to your compound in question, but I still wouldn't want to take anything with nomenclature that isn't identifiable at first glance.

Olestra

Olestra

Awards
Ah I see. I think I lumped the second and third ingredients into one in my first post. Goes to show how confusing the label is.

You're right magamatt, it looks like there is Plumbagin in there. No idea what that would do and wikipedia says its toxic??? So that would be ingredient #3, with #2 being "4,4’-(Tetrahydrofuran-3.4-diyldimethanediy)bis(2-methoxyphenol)"

Ugh...about to go return this bottle. Stupid buy. Luckily I wasn't stupid enough to start taking it at least.

megamatt68

Awards
Ah I see. I think I lumped the second and third ingredients into one in my first post. Goes to show how confusing the label is.

You're right magamatt, it looks like there is Plumbagin in there. No idea what that would do and wikipedia says its toxic??? So that would be ingredient #3, with #2 being "4,4’-(Tetrahydrofuran-3.4-diyldimethanediy)bis(2-methoxyphenol)"

Ugh...about to go return this bottle. Stupid buy. Luckily I wasn't stupid enough to start taking it at least.
I believe that this 4,4’-(Tetrahydrofuran-3.4-diyldimethanediy)bis(2-methoxyphenol),5-hydroxy-2methyl-naphthalene-1, 4-dine is a single ingredient. That was just a portion of the ingredient that i picked out, and was honestly the only one I could make sense of, don't know if that means much. I would take it back if possible. This kind of crap makes me wonder about the reason for laundry list nomenclature. Is it spiked? Is there something in it that shouldn't be there? Is it to make the product look sophisticated?

throneof

throneof

Awards
  • Established
Nice thread, OP. Can anybody ID this compound: 5-androsten-3b, 7B-diol-17-one. It was in OG anabeta elite. I have not been able to ID despite searching extensively. A fellow AM bro said it was 7oxo, but upon further inspection, the nomenclature did not match that either

Olestra

Olestra

Awards
That's a DHEA metabolite used for cortisol control throneof. From what I understand it's an effective supplement.

throneof

throneof

Awards
  • Established
That's a DHEA metabolite used for cortisol control throneof. From what I understand it's an effective supplement.
Right. Does it have a specific name that anybody may be aware of? It is very effective. I used it with arimistane years ago with excellent results. I'm on forskolin 95 and arimistane now. If I could just find this now

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Nice thread, OP. Can anybody ID this compound: 5-androsten-3b, 7B-diol-17-one. It was in OG anabeta elite. I have not been able to ID despite searching extensively. A fellow AM bro said it was 7oxo, but upon further inspection, the nomenclature did not match that either
7b-hydroxy-dhea

Jackedjack

Jackedjack

Awards
Right. Does it have a specific name that anybody may be aware of? It is very effective. I used it with arimistane years ago with excellent results. I'm on forskolin 95 and arimistane now. If I could just find this now
it is arimistane

Olestra

Olestra

Awards
it is arimistane
I think you are thinking of 3-deoxy-7-oxo-DHEA AKA 3,7-keto DHEA, the nomenclature used for arimistane in order to present it more clearly as a DHEA metabolite. throneof is referring to a different compound.