Is ostarine and laxogyn on a cut, is GVT a good idea too?

CJNator

Awards
Well im getting some Str3ngth and O5tarine for a cut and would like to know if GVT is a good idea since I'm on a cut?

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's a double edged sword with a high volume routine like GVT. You need calories to perform the route efficiently but u need to cut cals to truly CUT. It's probably a routine best suited for a recomp... But if u can dial in macros enough, u should be able to lose some decent bodyfat and not sacrifice any muscle fullness along the way

CJNator

Awards
True, when dosing osta I'm either going to do 20 or 25. I've read it won't make any difference but with GVT since it is high volume do you think it would(also getting 3 bottles of Str3ngth so dosage will be high)?

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
True, when dosing osta I'm either going to do 20 or 25. I've read it won't make any difference but with GVT since it is high volume do you think it would(also getting 3 bottles of Str3ngth so dosage will be high)?
I've never used either supp. I'm just speaking from a program/nutrition aspect. I am familiar w laxogenin though and it should be great for a high volume routine where cutting is the goal. I have no idea what ostatine does tho!

Ill he using most wanted in January which has laxogenin so ill have a more personal opinion at that point

PhoenixMuscle

PhoenixMuscle

Awards
Ostarine (mk-2866) and the other SARMS are amazing for recomping/cutting. I've done 2 cycles of osta so far (first was 12 weeks) and I haven't been disappointed with the results either time. Gains are mostly keepable too.

CJNator

Awards
Oh yea my calories will be either maintainece or a little bellow.

Edited: Just read what I put up as the headline lol.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ostarine (mk-2866) and the other SARMS are amazing for recomping/cutting. I've done 2 cycles of osta so far (first was 12 weeks) and I haven't been disappointed with the results either time. Gains are mostly keepable too.
Sides/shutdown?

mattys4

mattys4

Awards
youll be fine as long as you get your nutrition in check. Caolries are more important the specfic supps. But laxo and osta are what im using while cruising and getting bloods

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
I would much rather do a lower rep strength program on a cut. Keep as much strength as possible.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It is some good stuff to have on cycles that dry your joints as it is been shown to heal tendon, bone, joint issues.. Also it seems to be slightly estrogenic.
Not really. Depending on the compound you're running with it. If the compound or ostarine has caused significant suppression, you have little test to aromatize. That cancels out any joints and what not benefits.

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Not really. Depending on the compound you're running with it. If the compound or ostarine has caused significant suppression, you have little test to aromatize. That cancels out any joints and what not benefits.
No idea what you are saying lol. Osta from my understanding is estrogenic ie slight aromtization. Trest is extremely suppressive, more than test, and still aromatizes.

CJNator

Awards
No idea what you are saying lol. Osta from my understanding is estrogenic ie slight aromtization. Trest is extremely suppressive, more than test, and still aromatizes.

At a certain point it is slightly but I ran 30mgs for a month and I got puffy nipples for about 2 weeks in it and I went down after the cycle. I did feel slightly suppressed after too but I went back to normal. I read a 5mgs for long a while it people can benefit from the slight increase estrogen.

blacklac

blacklac

Awards

Ostarine has benefits to bones independent of estrogen. I think people have incorrectly added that it also has joint benefits.

NewAgeMayan

Awards
I would much rather do a lower rep strength program on a cut. Keep as much strength as possible.
I agree with the basic idea here.

Have you run GVT before, OP? Which version you considering?

Im usually reluctant to suggest programs to people without knowing lifting history and such, but imo, fwiw, I would recommend considering some version of PHAT instead. Generally speaking, its a much 'better' program than GVT (on paper, and in the gym).

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It doesn't aromatize. It up regulates the aromatase enzyme but you need something to aromatize

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Boom then just run something that does so.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Boom then just run something that does so.
Obviously. Point I was making was that if you are running a dry compound and getting lethargy or other sides due to low estrogen, taking the ostarine is not going to alleviate your issue ;)

Touey

Touey

Awards
after trying Lax & now revisiting the compound once again, I can say unequivocally, for me personally it increases strength more than any natty available at this time.

plus it's nice on the joints too

CJNator

Awards
after trying Lax & now revisiting the compound once again, I can say unequivocally, for me personally it increases strength more than any natty available at this time.

plus it's nice on the joints too
Higher the dose, the better it is on body composition.

Touey

Touey

Awards
I honestly wonder if some are buying from companies selling bunk Lax., it's peculiar to me that everyone is not talking about how effective the compound is.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I honestly wonder if some are buying from companies selling bunk Lax., it's peculiar to me that everyone is not talking about how effective the compound is.
BSL Anogenin. I would think that theirs should be legit.

Touey

Touey

Awards
I don't know, I'm not familiar with that particular company

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I knw OL has the TD lax but is it a lot more beneficial than the oral version? I want to take some time off from TD
I used Dermastr3ngth in my PCT for 11-kt. Effects are subtle and build gradually over a couple of weeks, but I noticed increased strength, faster recovery between workouts and happy joints.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I knw OL has the TD lax but is it a lot more beneficial than the oral version? I want to take some time off from TD
Tbh, there's not a lot of data on bioavailability for the stuff in the first place, so we don't know if TD is going to be better than oral versions. If it gets through the skin, then it's going to be better by default, but again, the data for laxogenin is sparse to begin with.

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
Thx for the replies, honestly I want to minimize the TD application right now. I want to use it for products that actually needs to be applied TD. Lax does sound interesting so I might try it out next month

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If I recall, laxogenin is hampered by absorption issues, which is why there are transdermals like dermastr3ngth now. So there might be some confusion with the dose needed if talking orally.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If I recall, laxogenin is hampered by absorption issues, which is why there are transdermals like dermastr3ngth now. So there might be some confusion with the dose needed if talking orally.
Where is the literature to support this?

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I recently did 6 weeks of GVT, 2 of them being on a cut. I won't make that mistake again. I came out of it battered and bruised. But I wasn't on any hardcore supplements.

NewAgeMayan

Awards
Yeah, the essence of gvt is glycogen stores, specifically maximising them...the way most people have their macros when cutting has them pulling in the opposite direction. In most cases its a recipe for strength loss at the very least.

CJNator

Awards
Thanks guys I guess I'll just stick to my regular routine and leave GVT for bulking.

NewAgeMayan

Awards
Thanks guys I guess I'll just stick to my regular routine and leave GVT for bulking.
Id personally leave it alone fullstop...what interests you about it, why do you think youd like to run it?

CJNator

Awards
Id personally leave it alone fullstop...what interests you about it, why do you think youd like to run it?
Tried it once but I was still in my newbie stage and made somewhat of a difderence but I just popped in my head recently and got a little curious about it on lax and osta while cutting.

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
Made it myself

Sun: I work on DLs, clean n presses and my weak points

Mon: Chest

Tues: legs

Wen: back

Thurs: shoulders
as much as it hurts to hear sometimes, following a proper strength program is much more beneficial than creating one. I know my ego took a big hit when my workout partner, who follows a diff undulating periodization program, is out performing in gains and strength while I'm doing my own thing. Does your program have periodization, if so what type, or is it more of an assortment of movements and whatever weight you feel like doing?

CJNator

Awards
as much as it hurts to hear sometimes, following a proper strength program is much more beneficial than creating one. I know my ego took a big hit when my workout partner, who follows a diff undulating periodization program, is out performing in gains and strength while I'm doing my own thing. Does your program have periodization, if so what type, or is it more of an assortment of movements and whatever weight you feel like doing?
By periodization do you mean a deloading week, I cant remember what it mean so I guess I don't lol. Yea its just an assortment of movement with what ever weight I'm feeling. Right now I just workout to lift but I would like to change it up.

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
By periodization do you mean a deloading week, I cant remember what it mean so I guess I don't lol. Yea its just an assortment of movement with what ever weight I'm feeling. Right now I just workout to lift but I would like to change it up.
as per google: Periodization is the systematic planning of athletic or physical training. The aim is to reach the best possible performance in the most important competition of the year. It involves progressive cycling of various aspects of a training program during a specific period.

However, periodization essentially boils down to increasing intensity each week to become stronger. Intensity can be in the form of adding weight to the bar, increasing speed of lifts/decreasing rest, doing more reps, etc. When you have a program like this it essentially guarantee's that you will be getting stronger month after month which means more gains. I would suggest looking at programs like Starting Lifts 5x5 or similar programs and following them. The results will be a lot better because it's what these guys do for a living and they have a greater understanding.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask or pm me

CJNator

Awards
as per google: Periodization is the systematic planning of athletic or physical training. The aim is to reach the best possible performance in the most important competition of the year. It involves progressive cycling of various aspects of a training program during a specific period.

However, periodization essentially boils down to increasing intensity each week to become stronger. Intensity can be in the form of adding weight to the bar, increasing speed of lifts/decreasing rest, doing more reps, etc. When you have a program like this it essentially guarantee's that you will be getting stronger month after month which means more gains. I would suggest looking at programs like Starting Lifts 5x5 or similar programs and following them. The results will be a lot better because it's what these guys do for a living and they have a greater understanding.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask or pm me
Thanks great info! Will look into it.

mattys4

mattys4

Awards
use Xcelsports nutrition natural strength. 60 caps 70mgs of laxogenin and 70mgs of exdysterone per cap. Ive found this to be best natty product available for strength and recomp

Touey

Touey

Awards
use Xcelsports nutrition natural strength. 60 caps 70mgs of laxogenin and 70mgs of exdysterone per cap. Ive found this to be best natty product available for strength and recomp
I've not tried that particular brand, but I agree with lax being the best natty available currently for strength