good liver clense supp

srocco112

srocco112

Awards
  • Established
Looking to take something to help clense and support the liver. Never taken anything like that before so was wondering what everyones go to is and how you dose it.

Thanks

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Milk Thistle Extract and NAC are the best liver cleanse supps.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
What do you mean by "clense" the liver?

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looking to take something to help clense and support the liver. Never taken anything like that before so was wondering what everyones go to is and how you dose it.

Thanks
Depends on your definition of cleanse. The only thing that has data on liver regeneration is TUDCA. However, the liver is an amazing organ and can take a lot of beating. Most "cleanse" supplements are a joke if not pseudoscience. I use CEL Cycle Assist for general health and organ health. It's a great formula.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Depends on your definition of cleanse. The only thing that has data on liver regeneration is TUDCA. However, the liver is an amazing organ and can take a lot of beating. Most "cleanse" supplements are a joke if not pseudoscience. I use CEL Cycle Assist for general health and organ health. It's a great formula.
This right here. A clense will clense your wallet, for general health liver assist or CEL cycle assist will work well

srocco112

srocco112

Awards
  • Established
Picked up a bottle of cel cycle assist. Going to start taking a bottle of this here and there moving foward.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
NAC, TUDCA, Himalaya Livercare, Pantethine (not a liver supp per se, but it does provide a unique ingredient in which the liver tends to run out of particularly when let's say, detoxing from alcohol consumption, generally excellent for cholesterol as well)

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I'm not all too versed in liver protection supplements, but TUDCA or Liver Assist XT are solid options.

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
sns liver assist + tudca + cel cycle assist for overall health with an added on multivitamin of choice

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Remember folks, don't be fooled by milk thistle propaganda. I wouldn't even use milk thistle to treat aspirin use.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
NAC
TUDCA
Sam-e

srocco112

srocco112

Awards
  • Established
On week 2 of cycle assist. This really cleared up my acne on my back and shoulders. Glad i know that this is an effect, i can use it during the summer time for that sole purpose.

Pounditz

Awards
Anyone have experience using artichoke extract? (cynarin)

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Liver Stabil has long been my go to. It's a very popular liver support choice on the competitive bodybuilding scene and also works quite well for the general health crowd.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My milk thistle issues:

There are a number of trials yes, however almost all have serious flaws in methodology. I won't go in to all the issues, but they're there if you look. If someone asks nicely i could list some of the issues in another post. There is evidence that milk thistle is hepatoprotective through many mechanisms. However the data is so spread out and conflicting... i find it hard to come to any type of conclusion as to whether it will actually help during a steroid cycle. Not to mention at the dosages most products provide. There is substantial data for in vitro animal testings, but last i checked the MoA is not fully defined. Also, the active ingredient silibinin is quite low in bioavailability.

Late Edit: to be clear, my suggestion of clinical hepatoprotectants: TUDCA, NaC, SAMe, Na-RALA