Advice needed on stack

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
I am new to AM. I have found lots of great information. I am looking for advice and direction on a stack that will help me build muscle and gain strength. I have only used D3 multivitamin, creatine, glutamine, pre-workout drink, and protein. I am 42. Weigh 170 and am 6 ft tall. Any suggestions will be wonderful. Thanks

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I am new to AM. I have found lots of great information. I am looking for advice and direction on a stack that will help me build muscle and gain strength. I have only used D3 multivitamin, creatine, glutamine, pre-workout drink, and protein. I am 42. Weigh 170 and am 6 ft tall. Any suggestions will be wonderful. Thanks
Hey Mark,

My general recommendations for this would be to try out some natural anabolics.

PES Anabeta Elite
Myosynergy

For stand-alone ingredients you could supplement with betaine anhydrous or amentoflavone.

All of those can add strength and promote lean mass gains.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I would also recommend natural anabolics to you! You can check out our natural anabolic page over at strong supplement shop if you want, http://www.strongsupplementshop.com/natural-anabolics , I know a lot of people like Follidrone including myself! I'd give that a try. Thats the best way to go naturally. And it already sounds like you have your base supplements down.

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Thanks for the advice so far. As far as what has been suggested to this point; I don't know which anabolic's to buy, how much, how to stack them, when to stack them and how long of a cycle to use them. See, I am pretty sad. But, willing to learn :)

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Thanks for the advice so far. As far as what has been suggested to this point; I don't know which anabolic's to buy, how much, how to stack them, when to stack them and how long of a cycle to use them. See, I am pretty sad. But, willing to learn :)
Depends on which you plan to use really

A solid stack would be Anabeta Elite dosed with your 2 largest meals and Amentomax taken preworkout

Following directions (2 caps ABE twice, 2 caps Amentomax preworkout)

Read through write ups on some if the products. ABE is great for lean mass gains. Increases appetite, muscle fullness, forskolin keeps gains leaner

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Add in some ArA( sns xgels ) to workout days ^^

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Depends on which you plan to use really

A solid stack would be Anabeta Elite dosed with your 2 largest meals and Amentomax taken preworkout

Following directions (2 caps ABE twice, 2 caps Amentomax preworkout)

Read through write ups on some if the products. ABE is great for lean mass gains. Increases appetite, muscle fullness, forskolin keeps gains leaner
This is some solid advice. For AnaBeta Elite, we recommend two bottles per run.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Xgels + ABE would be a good combination for strength and lean mass gains.

If you have any questions, look into the Arachidonic acid help guide thread or PM me

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Before you get a huge supp stack
Do you have a good diet and training program?
if you do not no supplement stack will aid you at all.

ARA / X-Gels would be a great suggestion or thing for building Mass as well as ABE
you could also look into AlphaMax by Performax Labs. I have a bottle coming in shortly and eager to give it a run.

Besides that ---> Solid Fishoil, Multi, Creatine, Whey

keep it simple, adjust caloric intake to 300+ surplus and ride out the food and gains in the gym.

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Before you get a huge supp stack Do you have a good diet and training program? if you do not no supplement stack will aid you at all. ARA / X-Gels would be a great suggestion or thing for building Mass as well as ABE you could also look into AlphaMax by Performax Labs. I have a bottle coming in shortly and eager to give it a run. Besides that ---> Solid Fishoil, Multi, Creatine, Whey keep it simple, adjust caloric intake to 300+ surplus and ride out the food and gains in the gym.
Thanks for asking about diet and training. I believe I can work that out. I wouldn't know how or when to use different stack supplements. When I start I will lift 5 days per week. I will eat every 3-4 hours and adjust macros accordingly. I will strive to keep my protein over 200 grams. I am not sure about carbs and fats off hand.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
You could even push meals to 5-6 hours apart if you want,
some good reading here on that.

http://www.biolayne.com/wp-content/uploads/Norton-J-Ag-Food-Ind-Hi-Tech-2008.pdf
http://www.slideshare.net/biolayne/optimal-protein-intake-and-meal-frequency-to-support-maximal-protein-synthesis-and-muscle-mass

no need to eat every 3 hours, food overlap may still be present depending on the size of the mealand no real reason to follow or watch a clock every X or Y hours to eat.

http://wannabebig.com/diet-and-nutrition/is-there-a-limit-to-how-much-protein-the-body-can-use-in-a-single-meal/

These are some good links that could get you started regarding your diet, training, and also cardio.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/general-philosophies-of-muscle-mass-gain.html
http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/macronutrient-intake-for-mass-gains-qa.html
http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/training-frequency-for-mass-gains.html
http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/cardio-and-mass-gains.html

Philosophies, Macro intake, training , and cardio articles for you to understand and help set up what you need to do before moving forward towards more supplements or advanced workout routines.

i would make sure to get at least 20% of your diet from fat, and then adjust carbs based off how you feel and react during training. some prefer a lower fat and higher carb, some like higher fat and lower carb. Just go off what feels best for your body and gives you optimal performance around the gym.

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Check out Alphamax + ARA, i know many have ran this stack with great results!

50mg Forksolin-95 + 1g ARA is already going to be an aweomse combo. Add in the Arimistane, L-DOPA and Divanill and you are set!

NewAgeMayan

Awards
There are 2 schools of thought here, or approaches, both with good arguments in favour of each. One says yeah go all in with a stack, regardless if youve had any experience with the individual supps before. Going all in can be tempting.

The other says to trial supps as standalones so as to minimise variables and better assess their efficacy with you as an individual.

I tend to prefer the latter, as too many 'unknowns' and variables can do my head in (control freaks tend to favour this approach).

One other really good point in favour of keeping new supp variables to a minimum is that instead of getting, say, 8 weeks run out of 3 or so products stacked, you can get perhaps 20-24 weeks worth (depending how you run them, back-to-back and/or bridged, etc).

Just something to consider if you havnt already.

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Thanks for all the advice. I have about 12 days to read and consider the suggestions made. I will probably have more questions along the way. Those 12 days will be rest time. Maybe some limited lifting (if I feel like it) as I will be on a cruise most of that time :)

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Figured I would add some measurements in hopes of logging future measurements after bulk stack. Nothing to impressive here:
Body measurements 11/25/14
Calves- 14 1/4
Thighs - 22
Waist - 34 1/2
Chest - 42 1/12
Upper arm - 15 1/2
Lower arm - 12

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
You may want to check out the new Conqu3r- demigod edition. It has the 500mg of amentoflavone in the stim version(600mg in stim-free) along with COP, GlycaMAXX High Yield Glycerol, Agmatine and more. A solid pre-workout.

It stacks well with Vitality(which is good staple supplement creapure, betaine, and PS), Ep1c (which is 300mg of (-)epicatechin, tested at 93.64% purity) and some beta alanine.

That stack will still allow for other supplements to be added synergistically like Forskolin and ArA for example. Versatile and basic.

And with black friday coming up, personally I'll probably stock up on some of what I mentioned.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for all the advice. I have about 12 days to read and consider the suggestions made. I will probably have more questions along the way. Those 12 days will be rest time. Maybe some limited lifting (if I feel like it) as I will be on a cruise most of that time :)
And we will be glad to answer them :)

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
indeed. Abe and x gels is the time tested standard. Follidrone and some others are also getting great feedback. X gels aren't on our natural section so here is a link if you decide to pick them up. http://www.strongsupplementshop.com/x-gels-by-serious-nutrition-solutions
Looking into these two now. Are there any discounts going on right now? If I go with these 2, is there anything else that is needed to get the most out of these? Would these two be sufficient for my first go around? I still have a lot of learning to do

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Ok, so what about this as a stack:
AnaBeta Elite
SNS x-gels
Follidrone

D3 multivitamin
Creatine
Glutamine
Fish oil

Hyde or some other pre-workout.

This is my first go round with anything like this. If this is a good stack, what is recommended as far as daily usage of these things? Thanks

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok, so what about this as a stack: AnaBeta Elite SNS x-gels Follidrone D3 multivitamin Creatine Glutamine Fish oil Hyde or some other pre-workout. This is my first go round with anything like this. If this is a good stack, what is recommended as far as daily usage of these things? Thanks
Have you ran any of the above (Follidrone, X-Gels, or AnaBeta Elite) solo yet?

That is a very nice stack but I would either run them solo first or bridge them.

NewAgeMayan

Awards
Have you ran any of the above (Follidrone, X-Gels, or AnaBeta Elite) solo yet?

That is a very nice stack but I would either run them solo first or bridge them.
Definitely.

As said, that follidrone/xgels/ABE stack is great, and you would likely have an excellent run with them no matter how you stack them.

But consider this as an example. One thing you might notice reading the follidrone threads is that some people respond well to it, and some not at all; this applies to other epicatechin (the main active in follidrone) products too.

Having never run follidrone before, you may be one of the non-responders to it.

But, because of the other products in your stack (xgels and ABE) 'carrying' your run/stack somewhat, how will you know that Follidrone is doing nothing for you? Or, if it *is* helping you out, how much?

Again, Im not saying Follidrone is bunk, just using that as a hypothetical. But if your plan is to be lifting and supplementing for years to come, why rush things? It would seem wise to trial products solo first to properly assess if they work for you, and *then* stack the ones that do further down the track.

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
could go with magnitropin too.

paederia is a great ingredient in terms of muscle building and it also has cistanche and epicatechin. gentiana lutea will als have your appetitie up, making sure you get those ample calories in ;). for $50, you get a lot
booneman77 and ma70 ran logs and had awesome results in just one bottle

ABE is fantastic also, one of my favorite supplements

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Ok, so what about this as a stack:
AnaBeta Elite
SNS x-gels
Follidrone

D3 multivitamin
Creatine
Glutamine
Fish oil

Hyde or some other pre-workout.

This is my first go round with anything like this. If this is a good stack, what is recommended as far as daily usage of these things? Thanks
Drop the glutamine, not worth your time
get a good multi instead of glutamine.

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Have you ran any of the above (Follidrone, X-Gels, or AnaBeta Elite) solo yet? That is a very nice stack but I would either run them solo first or bridge them.
I haven't run anything, ever. It's all new to me

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I haven't run anything, ever. It's all new to me
Then you definitely should start a bit slower and use one at a time. That way you know what works and what doesnt.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
As for single products... magnitropin was definitely one of, if not the, best I've ever run. Visible results in 1 bottle

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Then you definitely should start a bit slower and use one at a time. That way you know what works and what doesnt.
Thanks again! My question at this point is what should I add as my first anabolic supplement?

Opps! I see you answered before I could ask :)

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Thanks again! My question at this point is what should I add as my first anabolic supplement?
natural anabolic or actual anabolic?

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
X-Factor/Xgels
ABE/AnaBeta
Alphamax
Magnatropin
Follidrone

I would literally just choose 1 of those and run with it. You need to stick with 1 product at a time so you know exactly how that product is effecting you. All of the above products are top notch choices so just do a bit of research and see which ones interest you the most.

Are you going for an all out bulk or more of a recomping effect? I think that would make the decision easier.

NewAgeMayan

Awards
I hope this dosnt sound patronising, but what is your training experience? I know its boring advice, but might it not be best to hold off the anabolics and what not til you have been running a good training programme and diet for a while? Those are the most significant variables you will be dealing with (and tweaking over time).

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
I hope this dosnt sound patronising, but what is your training experience? I know its boring advice, but might it not be best to hold off the anabolics and what not til you have been running a good training programme and diet for a while? Those are the most significant variables you will be dealing with (and tweaking over time).
Hey there! Thanks for your concern. I have been training off and on for over 20 years. I have been more serious that past 2 years. I have competed in 2 powerlifting meets and placed in the top 2 for my weight at that time. I have used many different programs in the past and at this point have figured out which exercises work best for me. I workout Monday - Friday. I incorporate drop sets, rest pause sets, negative rep sets and other training methods as each muscle determines. My main lifts at this moment are flat bench, dead lift, squat, and barbell overhead press. I am currently working calves into every workout between sets. I will perform cardio three times per week for now. My calorie goal will be in the 3-4,000 range and will be adjusted as needed. I hope this is somewhat helpful.

NewAgeMayan

Awards
sweet as dude, if you know what works for you training/diet wise then youre in the best position you can be in for adding in supps...just wanted to check :)

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
X-Factor/Xgels ABE/AnaBeta Alphamax Magnatropin Follidrone I would literally just choose 1 of those and run with it. You need to stick with 1 product at a time so you know exactly how that product is effecting you. All of the above products are top notch choices so just do a bit of research and see which ones interest you the most. Are you going for an all out bulk or more of a recomping effect? I think that would make the decision easier.
This may sound silly, but I don't know what you mean by "recomping effect". I want strength and size if that helps.

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Generally in an all out bulk youll add more weight overall however that weight will consist partially of fat and water. As well strength should be significantly increased!

With a recomp, the goal is loose fat/water weight while adding a small amount of muscle/strength. Now the strength gains will not be as significant however on the above products you can def. do a recomp while gaining some strength. i guess a better way to describe it would be more of a "lean bulk".

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Generally in an all out bulk youll add more weight overall however that weight will consist partially of fat and water. As well strength should be significantly increased! With a recomp, the goal is loose fat/water weight while adding a small amount of muscle/strength. Now the strength gains will not be as significant however on the above products you can def. do a recomp while gaining some strength. i guess a better way to describe it would be more of a "lean bulk".
Hmmm....sounds like a recomp then :)

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
For your goals i would look into Alphamax or X-Factor.

Obviously im biased to Alphamax but i do believe its one of the best products for the recomp effect. The full 50mg 95% Forskolin + 75mg arimistane creates a very strong recomping effect, lowering both water and fat weight while aiding in gaining lean body mass. It also contains Divanill/LDOPA/D3 combo which will aid in boosting testostestorone production and aiding in strength gains!

Magnatropin or ABE wouldnt be "bad" for recomp, however in my experience and from what ive read from other users, they tend to lend better to overall bulking and can increase appetite.

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
What's the difference between AnaBeta Elite by PES and AlphaMax by Performax Labs? Are they both AlphaMax, just different companies? I think I will start with AlphaMax. Any other thoughts on this? How long should I run it, if I go with it?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
What's the difference between AnaBeta Elite by PES and AlphaMax by Performax Labs? Are they both AlphaMax, just different companies? I think I will start with AlphaMax. Any other thoughts on this? How long should I run it, if I go with it?
they're totally different products. Similar in the end goal but the ingredients only have a little overlap (forskolin may be the only iirc)

Personally, I think ABE/magnitropin is better for your goals as alphamax is good, but not as much as a muscle builder. Wonderful for pct though.

NewAgeMayan

Awards
All these great products can make choosing one to run first a bit overhelming.

If you have the time and inclination, and if you havnt done so already, something Ive found helpful in getting a better idea of a product is to google "reviews of [product]".

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This may sound silly, but I don't know what you mean by "recomping effect". I want strength and size if that helps.
Strength and size = a caloric surplus with AnaBeta Elite or ArA.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Strength and size = a caloric surplus with AnaBeta Elite or ArA.
Exactly
and again the links i posted earlier which the OP should read

If Trying to add some size:

Eat in a caloric surplus, meaning eating more kcals than you need to maintain in order to gain muscle, size, and strength.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/general-philosophies-of-muscle-mass-gain.html
http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/macronutrient-intake-for-mass-gains-qa.html
http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/training-frequency-for-mass-gains.html
http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/cardio-and-mass-gains.html

Philosophies, Macro intake, training , and cardio articles for you to understand and help set up what you need to do before moving forward towards more supplements or advanced workout routines.

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Exactly and again the links i posted earlier which the OP should read If Trying to add some size: Eat in a caloric surplus, meaning eating more kcals than you need to maintain in order to gain muscle, size, and strength. http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/general-philosophies-of-muscle-mass-gain.html http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/macronutrient-intake-for-mass-gains-qa.html http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/training-frequency-for-mass-gains.html http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/cardio-and-mass-gains.html Philosophies, Macro intake, training , and cardio articles for you to understand and help set up what you need to do before moving forward towards more supplements or advanced workout routines.
Thanks again! I printed all you suggested. I do understand the importance of calories, weight training and cardio. I am clueless about the addition of supplements other than what I am us d to. I appreciate all the counsel

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Thanks again! I printed all you suggested. I do understand the importance of calories, weight training and cardio. I am clueless about the addition of supplements other than what I am us d to. I appreciate all the counsel
the amonut of results you get from your supplement choice will be little , very little to a good diet.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This statement alone tells us that you should focus on starting simple with supplements.

No need to do a 3 combo supplement stack.

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
I'd just pick one, run with it, then take a break and try another. I'm assuming you plan on training for awhile, so there's no rush to throw everything in one jumbo stack yet