new to ARA mn X factor

W

woodbear

Awards
Hi
I`ve used ARA , X factor for about a a bit over one week now. 4 caps (1000mg) pre workout EOD, I train eod, since for some reason it just works extremely well. Bloodwork has shown that i get top test/free test levels from that, compared to 5-7 days a week. Strength, and bodycomposition has improved tenfolds in a short time. probably overtrained for a decade.

Well, when can i expect to notice anything from ARA, so far I have had no extra strength gains, or improved pumps (they are genereally awsome noe matter what) should I continue the eod, or start taking it every day? That will make it one of the more expensive supplements I have ever used though :)
Only used 5 times so far, since I just use it preworkout.

Is eod a bit too little, or should I try 6 caps (1,5 g)

S

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
you could try to go to 1.5g, thats where a lot of people like to dose. i find i don't start to experience the effects of ArA (on my third run now) until the end of the second beginning of the third week.

i notice pumps right away, but debilitating DOMS comes later

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Being only a week into your ArA run, you need to give it more time (another week or two) to fully "kick" in.

M

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
1.5g is a good sweetspot, but I think you need at least 1-2 weeks before you start noticing more effects. That's when it kicked in for me when I tried it. I also stacked it with ALCAR/GMS

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
I would give it another week at least. Also, if you are just dosing EOD, I would go for at least 1.5 grams. The most recent study used that dosage every day.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
One thing id say is that the transient increases in test from training will not correlate into more gains. The increase in T has to be rather substantial (most often supraphysiological) before Test has a pronounced effect on muscle mass.

But if the EOD training works best for you, then do what works. More often though is that people simply suck at programming for themselves and so they simply cannot program for 5-7 days worth of training (typical bro splits don't work very well).

As for the Ara, give it more time. Although 1.5g may be more worthwhile for you.

MultiVitamin

MultiVitamin

Awards
You should be fine with EOD, some dose it only 3 times a week. At 1g I think you'll be alright, as mentioned ArA seems to kick in for most during the latter half of the second week/start of the third week.

As for upping the dose, most love ArA @ 1.5g so that's your call. I'll typically run the early parts of my ArA runs at 1g then up to 1.5-2g nearing the second half

W

woodbear

Awards
Kicked in today, leg day, increased alot in all exercises!

I've been the master of tactical splitting 5-7 days of week for years... And 4-6 day splits.
I changed to push/pull/legs due to not really recovering in bis and tris if i only get a few days inbetween example, biceps and back..
After changing, all pains my arms just vanished, and i in 3 weeks added half an inch to my arms.. Boom.

I do use the gymbuddy app for iphone, and log everything, so the gains today in strength was bigger than i planned :)

Lets see how chest/shoulders/tris work out on friday :)

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Some users feel results nearly immediately, while the majority take around two weeks to begin feeling the bulk of the benefits.

Like seemingly all genuine muscle builders, the results are cumulative rather than immediate.

W

woodbear

Awards
Ara is hands down the best supplement I have ever used...strengthwise....
my strength is off the hinges... I added over 10 lbs to my dips the other day... ( 3 sets of 6 reps with 100 lbs on the dipping belt... not only did I increase the weight, I did 6 reps instead of 5.. nice 10 rep pulldowns with almost 250lbs.. the goal of using the enitre stack is within the horizon :)
I added 5lbs to dumbell curls..and did more reps...

The soreness I get however is pretty damn painful... . I have to rotate in light days a bit more often on this..

I had to take 3 caps daily, spread out, since 6 caps before training ended up with insane diarreah after the workout(started feeling it during training, which is not good) tried a few times, but gave up.
... I can take 1-2 caps with food , no problem, but six caps was a toilet disaster... I prefer to train 2 hours after eating, so my prework out works the best, taking this without food 30-45 minutes before training did definitly not work well..

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ara is hands down the best supplement I have ever used...strengthwise....
my strength is off the hinges... I added over 10 lbs to my dips the other day... ( 3 sets of 6 reps with 100 lbs on the dipping belt... not only did I increase the weight, I did 6 reps instead of 5.. nice 10 rep pulldowns with almost 250lbs.. the goal of using the enitre stack is within the horizon :)
I added 5lbs to dumbell curls..and did more reps...

The soreness I get however is pretty damn painful... . I have to rotate in light days a bit more often on this..

I had to take 3 caps daily, spread out, since 6 caps before training ended up with insane diarreah after the workout(started feeling it during training, which is not good) tried a few times, but gave up.
... I can take 1-2 caps with food , no problem, but six caps was a toilet disaster... I prefer to train 2 hours after eating, so my prework out works the best, taking this without food 30-45 minutes before training did definitly not work well..
Excellent and detailed feedback, all around!

Glad to hear your strength gains are through the roof.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I love it

I actually need to grab more soon my incline presses went up which is nice

Dead stop barbell rows went up as well

Sane for push presses

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I love it

I actually need to grab more soon my incline presses went up which is nice

Dead stop barbell rows went up as well

Sane for push presses
Glad to hear youve almost gone through that big order you placed a while back!

You're on my level of going through bottles haha.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Glad to hear youve almost gone through that big order you placed a while back! You're on my level of going through bottles haha.
christmas is coming up so first things first

Pay bills, then pay for gainzzzz

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
def take it on an empty stomach with plenty of water

W

woodbear

Awards
I have noticed gradually bleeding when brushing my teeth and sore gums. I`m guessing this is ARA`s doing?
It started a bout a week into using ara, and is getting a bit worse. I`ll probably tough it out the last week or so I got left in my first box, then take a break to see if it goes away. Naturally, i finally find a great supplement, and it givs me a damn side effect like this...

Feiwong

Feiwong

Awards
  • Established
Same problem. Two days away from Ara and feels my gums way better.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
^^^

Interesting feedback, I'd never noticed that or heard of that happening prior to now...

MultiVitamin

MultiVitamin

Awards
Same problem. Two days away from Ara and feels my gums way better.
I've noticed this as well actually.. I typically notice it in or around week 2, but it has also always quickly subsided for me

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Never noticed the gum issue personally.

N

namorbrowneye

Awards
Good to know I'm not the only one with bleeding gums. Definite side effect..

DirtyWilly

DirtyWilly

Awards
  • Established
Would ArA do anything for someone who eats red meat daily?

Would even Creatine do anything for someone who eats red meat daily for that matter?

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Would ArA do anything for someone who eats red meat daily? Would even Creatine do anything for someone who eats red meat daily for that matter?
Yes and yes as I doubt you're eating enough red meat to get adequate doses of each.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've noticed this as well actually.. I typically notice it in or around week 2, but it has also always quickly subsided for me
Glad to hear it cleared up right away.

Yes and yes as I doubt you're eating enough red meat to get adequate doses of each.
This.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Glad to hear it cleared up right away.

This.

W

woodbear

Awards
holy cow! I did dips again yesterday, increased from 100lbs on the belt, to roughly 110! (50kg) for 8 reps! and did 1 more set of 8, then 5...
Man I feel smashed today. Never ever done that before... always kinda hit the limit on 100lbs...

I also took 4 caps before training yesterday, with som probiotic milk... no diarreah.. taking it eod, on just training days the last few days seems to help with the gum problem... I`m toughing that one out, using som anti bacterial mouthwash twice a day, and brushing my teeth 4 times a day. it kinda helps, but the bad breath from is kinda a bummer.. but the strenght gains are so great, it beats every oral ph I have ever used in that department... so I`m not quitting due to that problem..

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great to hear woodbear! Congrats on the gains, X-Factor will keep em coming.

W

woodbear

Awards
Completed one month on ara. Added 20% to many lifts.. Little size though, i blame lack of quality food, sleep, too much alcohol and sex on that ;-)

Nothing has ever boosted strenght to that level. Considering i use strict logbook work.. Strength wise, amazing.
Sides though .. Bleeding gums when brushing teeth and some other minor stuff. Will use again when every side had cleared up and gotten a break

Best use was in the end 4caps before training, it limited the side effects ,the diarreah issue only rose with 6..

B

bobbybondmo

Banned
Awards
MN ARA for me comes on on the first week. All of a sudden you feel your on something...

W

woodbear

Awards
Noticing now a week off, damn the weighrs feel heavy.. Going back on as soon as sides are clear

U

uubiduu

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Completed one month on ara. Added 20% to many lifts.. Little size though, i blame lack of quality food, sleep, too much alcohol and sex on that ;-)

Nothing has ever boosted strenght to that level. Considering i use strict logbook work.. Strength wise, amazing.
Sides though .. Bleeding gums when brushing teeth and some other minor stuff. Will use again when every side had cleared up and gotten a break

Best use was in the end 4caps before training, it limited the side effects ,the diarreah issue only rose with 6..
Noob gains?20% of strength increase for me translates into flat bench 8 reps from 100kg to 120kg.Even with aas not easy.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Amazing feedback Bobby and woodbear, glad to see we've created a couple more ArA addicts with X-Factor!

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So excited to restart mine and kick up my strength more

I'll be running it about 6-8 months straight

W

woodbear

Awards
Noticed off i am a tad weaker.
Nope no noob gains here, been lifting for 20 yrs, never gotten past 50kg added to dips for 7,7,6 reps( 3 sets) .., ever. Done 1-2 reps at 45 kg before.
Neither 120kg pulldowns .. Or 24 kg in dumbell preacher curls..
Now off, i managed one set of 50kg for only 5 reps.. The next was 2 reps..So time to train a bit lighter the next weeks and start up with ara again