Alleged Amino Spiking

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
Thoughts on the alleged amino spike by companies?

[video=youtube;Zkjy_k8ut_g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zkjy_k8ut_g[/video]

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Where you been? Been being discussed for a good minute now.

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
Where you been? Been being discussed for a good minute now.
I know it started to come to play in like June but it just seems to keep snowballing!

wray98

wray98

Awards
I know an employee for Inner Armour, he told me they are in the middle of reformulating the above products and making label changes. I spoke to him once I saw the video. He told me that the spiking is 100% true. Many other companies are about to be outed as well, I'm interested to see what others are called out. Should be revealed tomorrow.

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
I know an employee for Inner Armour, he told me they are in the middle of reformulating the above products and making label changes. I spoke to him once I saw the video. He told me that the spiking is 100% true. Many other companies are about to be outed as well, I'm interested to see what others are called out. Should be revealed tomorrow.
I'm sure we will all be suprised

wray98

wray98

Awards
I'm sure we will all be suprised
Apparently its going to expose a ton of other companies. I love how they claim on the weight gainer that there is X amount of protein when you include the milk used to mix the product. The funniest part of the conversation was, "At least we are big enough to get noticed," all I could do was laugh and shake my head.

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
Apparently its going to expose a ton of other companies. I love how they claim on the weight gainer that there is X amount of protein when you include the milk used to mix the product. The funniest part of the conversation was, "At least we are big enough to get noticed," all I could do was laugh and shake my head.
the damnedest things

wray98

wray98

Awards
the damnedest things
I give him props for manning up and admitting the spike was going on. But to shake it off with, "At least we are big enough to get noticed," its the most retarded defense I have ever heard!

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
Who's outting a bunch more? More Lobliner? Something bigger?

wray98

wray98

Awards
Who's outting a bunch more? More Lobliner? Something bigger?
A particular company is requesting a lot of proteins to be tested, apparently the test are in and will be revealed tomorrow or in the coming days. The company paying for the testing and requesting the test is a huge company that specializes in protein powders. Its not Galanbia, even though I would assume they are also doing their own research into lab test as well. Lobliner is the person the company is having reveal the results due to his following and honest approach to the topic.

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
A particular company is requesting a lot of proteins to be tested, apparently the test are in and will be revealed tomorrow or in the coming days. The company paying for the testing and requesting the test is a huge company that specializes in protein powders. Its not Galanbia, even though I would assume they are also doing their own research into lab test as well. Lobliner is the person the company is having reveal the results due to his following and honest approach to the topic.
brand loyalty is bound to get put to the test

scoooter

scoooter

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
brand loyalty is bound to get put to the test
How about consumer tolerance ?

So if the company was small enough to not get noticed wouldn't you suppose they would be doing business as usual as long as they could ?

Hope to see some fines, possible class action lawsuit ?

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
How about consumer tolerance ?

So if the company was small enough to not get noticed wouldn't you suppose they would be doing business as usual as long as they could ?

Hope to see some fines, possible class action lawsuit ?
Class action would be nice for the bodybuilding community. I just fear that the government might try to get involved. We know how that goes.

scoooter

scoooter

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Class action would be nice for the bodybuilding community. I just fear that the government might try to get involved. We know how that goes.
I prefer self regulation, mfg using a certified GMP facility, 3rd party evaluation of random batches, review of label claims, stuff like this to keep em honest, however, that adds expense but is also a huge promotional feature.

Anytime the gov't is involved it only adds another level of BS

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i'm doubting any companies that anyone cares about would be on this list, unless this is ground breaking

the last list of companies were just whatever type brands that informed consumers really didn't care about anyway

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i'm doubting any companies that anyone cares about would be on this list, unless this is ground breaking

the last list of companies were just whatever type brands that informed consumers really didn't care about anyway
Giant Sports is one I would think people care about and shocked me when I saw the discrepancy in protein count.

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
Im ready to see the released list. I have a bad feeling some of the "good" ones are on there

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Giant Sports is one I would think people care about and shocked me when I saw the discrepancy in protein count.
but do peple actually use giant? i'm not sure if it was this site or another and people were saying they never heard of giant and their only product i've heard people talk about was giant pump...the only company i saw that people seemed to enjoy or at least some of their products was pro supps, heck at the time i had their tc-f isolate protein on my shelf, still finished it

but like inner armour and mutant...i know mutant was popular because of rich pianas video but it didn't seem like many people ever used or entertained using their products

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Im ready to see the released list. I have a bad feeling some of the "good" ones are on there
i watched lobliners video last night and thought it would be really funny if his tested bad

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
but do peple actually use giant? i'm not sure if it was this site or another and people were saying they never heard of giant and their only product i've heard people talk about was giant pump...the only company i saw that people seemed to enjoy or at least some of their products was pro supps, heck at the time i had their tc-f isolate protein on my shelf, still finished it but like inner armour and mutant...i know mutant was popular because of rich pianas video but it didn't seem like many people ever used or entertained using their products
I believe a good amount of people have used Giant Sports.

One thing that is shocking is they are releasing a Mass gainer now lol.

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
i watched lobliners video last night and thought it would be really funny if his tested bad
Man he would loose so many followers. I think it would be nearly impossible to come back from that. I hope this is not the case

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I believe a good amount of people have used Giant Sports.

One thing that is shocking is they are releasing a Mass gainer now lol.
I've enjoyed Bioshock, Giant Pump and the banana Delicious Protein, but alas <\3

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've enjoyed Bioshock, Giant Pump and the banana Delicious Protein, but alas <\3
Yeah I've bought a few Giant Sports Delicious Protein tubs myself before. Flavors were awesome I thought. I now know why lol.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
money0351

money0351

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I believe a good amount of people have used Giant Sports. One thing that is shocking is they are releasing a Mass gainer now lol.
I went through a couple tubs of giant sports protein last year because it was like $22 and with a coupon I could get it for like $12... But I was a little skeptical because the price was sooo low and from what I remember they had listed the added taurine, glycine, etc on the label

money0351

money0351

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I went through a couple tubs of giant sports protein last year because it was like $22 and with a coupon I could get it for like $12... But I was a little skeptical because the price was sooo low and from what I remember they had listed the added taurine, glycine, etc on the label
but all the flavors I tried (banana, CNC, vanilla, chocolate, chocolate PB cup) were all very tasty

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Can't wait to see the other companies on there.

As far as a company reformulating, it's good that they do. But speaking for myself, it would be hard for me to trust that company again. Even if everything was completely legit, I would have a hard time supporting them, in the form of purchasing their products. I think for me, it is more of a principal thing, even though said company went straight. It is one reason why I stay away from a pretty popular company despite a reformulation.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
but all the flavors I tried (banana, CNC, vanilla, chocolate, chocolate PB cup) were all very tasty
They were tasty because the guy who formulated it, or the flavor at least, made the flavoring for the OG Myofusion which had great flavors.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Where is this list? And I feel like the majority of blends have to be on there.

Duywayne

Awards
  • Established
They were tasty because the guy who formulated it, or the flavor at least, made the flavoring for the OG Myofusion which had great flavors.
Glycine is also really sweet.. so when Giant Sports spiked their protein they did using something that would make it taste better, show up as protein, and reduce the cost. But of course us consumers got blind sided by this thinking we were buying from someone legit who we trusted!

Big Papi

Awards
  • Established
who else got caught? can't watch the video right now

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm surprised everyone is/was surprised by Giant...it has always said taurine/glycine on the label

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm surprised everyone is/was surprised by Giant...it has always said taurine/glycine on the label
Was only thinking at worst 5g of total being spiked, not nearly half of the total protein content that's what most shocking, at least to me...

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
Explains why it was ALWAYS on sale for like $21.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bro, it's a 15 gram discrepancy lol. That's quite shocking IMO.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What I do not understand is when ever I look at the price of glycine and taurine per gram vs the price of whey concentrate per gram of protein almost always the aminos are more expensive. Is it just that these companies buy the aminos in such high amounts that the price per gram becomes less than whey?

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Bro, it's a 15 gram discrepancy lol. That's quite shocking IMO.
To me, the differential is a non issue. If it says Taurine/Glycine on the label, stay away from it. It doesn't matter if it is 1 gram or 15 grams, stay away.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
To me, the differential is a non issue. If it says Taurine/Glycine on the label, stay away from it. It doesn't matter if it is 1 gram or 15 grams, stay away.
Taurine, glycine, arginine, creatine. Agreed.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Some cheaper blends are using sheep and goat milk as sources, I wonder if this effects the quality at all.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I have not seen that one yet!
I had no idea myself until some recent medical testing for food intolerances.
Came back showing an intolerance to, and recent ingestion of, both goat and sheep milk.

I won't mention the brands I had to discontinue using but after retesting weeks later without the supplements I was fine.

No idea if these alternate milk sources would yield a different quality of protein