Supplements for specific task- Farmer's walk up 190 stairs

emiliozapata

emiliozapata

Awards
  • Established
So I have been away from the forum for a few years. I got disillusioned with the whole scene and all the marketing BS, lies, tainted and/or mislabeled products, Chinese scammery etc. (not to mention the abject failure of the various products to actually achieve any results).

My path has been a focus on strict Paleo eating with bare minimal supplementation- as it stands right now I take CLA, an immune fortifier with IP-6 and maitake extract, and occasionally some melatonin mixed with sleep herbs.

Training wise I have been focused on one specific challenge that has eluded and frustrated me- The Stairs Challenge-walking up with a 90lb dumbbell in each hand- I have a video of my last fail that I hope to upload, but for reference, here is a girl walking down them
[video=youtube;3go-VVZT_U4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3go-VVZT_U4[/video]

I have begun to wonder if there was anything new on the all natural side of the house that would assist me in making all 190-to this point my PR is 165

My grip certainly limits me as I essentially get to the point where I am dropping the dumbells but if I could get up quicker-which brings the cardiopulmonary and leg strength/endurance into play I think I can negate the failing grip- I did successfully do 80s but my time was 2:40 and I think to get 90s I need to be at nothing over 2:15

I have debated the following;
1. Basic creapure
2. some sort of ATP type product
[/LIST]
Any thoughts on anything else (diet is more than in check and I use only basic hemp protein supplement as I get plenty of grass fed ruminant, free range egg, and sardine protein as it is)

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It sounds like your wanting to stay pretty natural and not use a lot of supplements but maybe one or two to help you achieve your goals. First thing i would do is increase calories if your wanting to get stronger and then second train hard which im sure you do. But if you really want to make it to 190 get it in your mind everytime you train and you'll get there.
Supplement wise i would definitley throw in some creatine in addition with your hemp protein supplement. Creatine is proven to work so it is a very well trusted supplement. I know this supplement i will suggest if probably one that you will over look and not take but i think it isnt too harmful and it would help you achive your goals, is Folidrone. I think add this and creatine into your diet would definitely get you to 190. If you want to check it out its over at strong supplement shop.
http://www.strongsupplementshop.com/follidrone-by-black-lion-research

emiliozapata

emiliozapata

Awards
  • Established
I have been looking at Follidrone and I am intrigued but wondering how it differs from regular GTE

Was reading earlier about Most Wanted and saw folks stacking it with Follidrone, two products that would qualify as natural in my book-

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I would definitely try that then and see how it goes for you.

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
SNS mono creatine, can't go wrong with the classics

emiliozapata

emiliozapata

Awards
  • Established
SNS mono creatine, can't go wrong with the classics
This is really where I am at presently. Looking at hopefully a 2 minute or less event of near maximal exertion combining aerobic and anaerobic failure seems ready made for CMH's MoA

emiliozapata

emiliozapata

Awards
  • Established
[video=youtube;tV5j4azTbYw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV5j4azTbYw&feature=youtu.be[/video]

[video=youtube_share;X6Xenvv92nY]http://youtu.be/X6Xenvv92nY[/video]

Video shot with phone so it is broken up and middle stage wouldn't load in youtube for some reason but these show start and failure. I failed here around the 150 mark

emiliozapata

emiliozapata

Awards
  • Established
woops saying they are private- working on a fix- fixed

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
CardioTryx is worth a look.
Any MST Cordyceps product might give you some extra stamina as well. NanoV2 is incredible.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
uncut...

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
For endurance, I'd say Beta Alanine.

emiliozapata

emiliozapata

Awards
  • Established
beta alanine may be good but I was thinking just some mega dosed sodium bicarb to combat the lactic acid buildup

niclas90

Awards
  • Established
I agree with LeanEngineer. It sounds like Follidrone would be the perfect supp for this. The endurance is insane.

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
beta alanine may be good but I was thinking just some mega dosed sodium bicarb to combat the lactic acid buildup

If you can stomach it, that looks promising! :D

emiliozapata

emiliozapata

Awards
  • Established
well I have still been at it and still have yet to reach the goal. Decided on a new training methodology. Instead of going there each time and trying for the whole set of steps I decided to use a burst rest cycle and then increase and decrease the time length of each. Grip strength is ultimately the weak link so I need-absolutely need- to improve the speed of effort. I started by doing a 20 second burst as fast as possible up the steps with the 90s in tow followed by a 60 second rest-repeat until at the top. I will then go 20 second burst 50 second rest, 20 second burst 45 second rest after which the plan will be to go 25 second burst 45 second rest with the next workouts being 25/40, 30/50, 30/45, 35/50, 35/45, 35/40, 40/60, 40/50 and so on. eventually this method should lead to success.

As for supplements I may try some creapure/glutamine mixed powder and maybe prototype nutrition's effervescent C-O-P but I come away realizing that the supplement world is essentially unchanged and when I put up this question of what supps could help with this very quantifiable challenge essentially not one person connected to a company believed enough in their product to put it on the line save maybe SNS rep suggesting-wait for it- old school creatine mono. Welcome to the 1990s! guys and gals the supp companies are generally still full of BS "may do this and may do that" and little else.

emiliozapata

emiliozapata

Awards
  • Established
Updated info- Last attempt set a new PR and almost achieved victory-just 11 steps shy. I feel like I had the legs and cardio left but the grips failed.

What have I been using?
1) Bodylogix creatine mono
2) Astragin Performance energizer
3) Ys Yee royal jelly