Dosing BPS Adrenosurge

avega17

Awards
  • Established
Should I stop all stims completely? Anything else to avoid while taking this, like ALCAR or Agmatine? Looking for mental clarity and better sleep.

Thanks.

Auslifter

Auslifter

Awards
  • Established
you don't have to but i found if not using stims dosing just pre bed worked better IMO. the point of it is to use coming of stims to restore your tolerance more.

i would try (epic non stim pwo combo idea for you)

AdrenoSurge
+
PES High Volume :) +CDP Citicoline 500mg + 1000mg ALCAR + ABE or Forskolin 95/Reform.

Sleep wise

Chlorotest + Dopadex + AdrenoSurge

can't go wrong.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You don't have to drop stims, most people notice they require less from their stimulants for the same results while using them in conjunction with AdrenoSurge.

I can't think of anything off the top of my head that you should ensure you avoid.

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
Is this fine to take in the evening? or is there a chance any of the ingredients can keep you awake?

avega17

Awards
  • Established
Is this fine to take in the evening? or is there a chance any of the ingredients can keep you awake?
Dosing on label says 1 in the AM and 1 in the PM. Don't think there's anything that may keep you awake.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Most people take it right before bed, and usually notice better sleep with it.

I don't expect you'll have an issues with it.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
As said above, there are no ingredients that should keep you from falling asleep. In fact, I found the opposite to be true when taken before bed.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You guys are actually saying that Rhodiola isn't a stimulant? That is crazy. Plus, bacopa acts as a stimulant in a lot of people as well.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You guys are actually saying that Rhodiola isn't a stimulant? That is crazy. Plus, bacopa acts as a stimulant in a lot of people as well.
I believe that effect is determined by dose in Rhodiola. I've never had a stimulant effect from AdrenoSurge.

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
Bacopa makes me nice and sleepy!

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Adaptogens will have different effects on people, but bacopa definitely energizing for me. If I, or my wife, take it after 4pm, I have trouble sleeping.

avega17

Awards
  • Established
Going to take my first dose tomorrow morning and see how I react it. I will also continue to take pre-workout (currently 2 caps of Uncut, which I believe is just above 200mg of caffeine, stacked with High Volume) and try and minimize any other caffeine, usually 1-2 espressos and 1-2 cups of tea a day down to 1 and 1 max. Feedback coming soon

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm not saying that they can't have stimulant effects, but at the doses in adrenosurge it should primarily provide relaxation benefits.

Some people may be more sensitive than others, but most people have reported it helped them fall asleep.

avega17

Awards
  • Established
Does this need to be taken on an empty stomach or doesn't matter?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Adaptogens will have different effects on people, but bacopa definitely energizing for me. If I, or my wife, take it after 4pm, I have trouble sleeping.
you are indeed exceptional:wink1:

avega17

Awards
  • Established
What's the half-life of the ingredients in here? I'm thinking about dosing 1 AM and 1 5-6 hours later mid-day.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
What's the half-life of the ingredients in here? I'm thinking about dosing 1 AM and 1 5-6 hours later mid-day.
go for it!!!

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Same here. Small doses of Rhodiola completely preclude sleep for me.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Same here. Small doses of Rhodiola completely preclude sleep for me.
we already knew you were exceptional....

maybe it is the combination of ingredients that causes "MOST" people including me to sleep better on adrenosurge.

have you tried taking it earlier in the day?

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I have actually. I was experiementing with Rhodi over a decade ago and ran it through it's paces pretty thoroughly. Large doses do cause sedation but not necessarily good sleep for me. Pretty amazing herb, all in all.

And yeah, I'm an outlier with many supplements. I do like the AdrenoSurge ingredient profile and will get around to trying it soon.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You actually are not an outlier when it comes to your reaction to Rhodiola and/or bacopa. It is well known that smaller doses act as a stimulant and larger doses are sedating. There is no getting around that. As mentioned, perhaps it is the combination that makes some people be able to take this product before bed.

In any case, it really doesn't matter. I am such a huge proponent of adaptogens that I would support any company or product that is bringing it to consumers and they can make the decision of when to take it. I think they are incredibly important herbs.

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In total agreement that lower doses of rhodiola are very stimulating (at least for me). However, one thing to consider is that the rhodiola in adrenosurge is standardized to 8% rosavins (where most other products are 3% rosavins and 1% salidrosides). We don't know the amount of salidrosides in it. So, in addition to the rhodiola dose and combination of other ingredients, the percent standardization of the rhodiola in this product could also be a factor in its effects.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Both 1 and 2 caps gave me deep sleeping when dosed pre-bed......

avega17

Awards
  • Established
Took my first two doses yesterday and I can say that I experienced some mild sedative effects, very positive. The pre-bed dose did not keep me up. I think I'm going to try an AM dose and a mid-day dose for comparison.

avega17

Awards
  • Established
You actually are not an outlier when it comes to your reaction to Rhodiola and/or bacopa. It is well known that smaller doses act as a stimulant and larger doses are sedating. There is no getting around that. As mentioned, perhaps it is the combination that makes some people be able to take this product before bed. In any case, it really doesn't matter. I am such a huge proponent of adaptogens that I would support any company or product that is bringing it to consumers and they can make the decision of when to take it. I think they are incredibly important herbs.
I am very interested in adaptogens and these ingredient. Do you know of any good websites or materials I could read up on to learn more?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I have actually. I was experiementing with Rhodi over a decade ago and ran it through it's paces pretty thoroughly. Large doses do cause sedation but not necessarily good sleep for me. Pretty amazing herb, all in all.

And yeah, I'm an outlier with many supplements. I do like the AdrenoSurge ingredient profile and will get around to trying it soon.
matt [dsade] is one of the best formulators in the business, imo....the combination of ingredients in adrenosurge work in conjunction with one another better than individual ingredients alone...i know he did his homework on adrenosurge!!!

i can ask bulk perf if he would be willing to send you a bottle, if you like?

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Took my first two doses yesterday and I can say that I experienced some mild sedative effects, very positive. The pre-bed dose did not keep me up. I think I'm going to try an AM dose and a mid-day dose for comparison.
Good news :) Keep us posted!

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am very interested in adaptogens and these ingredient. Do you know of any good websites or materials I could read up on to learn more?
I generally go to examine.com. They may not always get their analysis right IMO, but they at least compile all of the relevant research in one spot for ease of use :)

avega17

Awards
  • Established
I generally go to examine.com. They may not always get their analysis right IMO, but they at least compile all of the relevant research in one spot for ease of use :)
I'm on there all the time, gonna look into each ingredient a little more then. Thanks.

avega17

Awards
  • Established
Took my mid-afternoon dose today, it's great, I think I will continue like this instead of at night.

Also, I have noticed a little bit of reduced soreness upon waking with the AM dose. Will see if this continues

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Rhodiola is hands down one of the best recovery herbs you can take. Stress relief, better sleep ( 6 hours feels like 8), all day energy, and recovery.

avega17

Awards
  • Established
Rhodiola is hands down one of the best recovery herbs you can take. Stress relief, better sleep ( 6 hours feels like 8), all day energy, and recovery.
Definitely gonna look into some bulk powder once I get through adrenosurge.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I may give this product a go. My interest is peaked.
your interest has my interest peaked!!! pretty inexpensive product for what you get, imo.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Absolutely, you can also use it during a stim break to mitigate the effects of caffeine withdrawal :)

avega17

Awards
  • Established
I just wanted to report back here with some of my progress.

The calmness that I get from this supplement is mild, but very noticeable. I really enjoy this aspect. As far as the stim tolerance reduction, what I have noticed is that stimulants aren't necessarily more effective (as in I need less to achieve the same effect); however, at the same stimulant dosage, I achieve the same focus without feeling a bit cracked out. It's sort of a calmer, "in the zone" focus and I'm not even dosing the stims near the adrenosurge. At the same time, I have decreased my total daily caffeine intake and have not felt any negatives in cognition or alertness (if anything I am more calm and alert).

I have also been noticing a small reduction in soreness from the previous days session upon my AM dose. Now, this may be coincidental, because just walking around and getting blood flow to the area after sleeping for hours may also ameliorate the DOMS. I have been dosing this in the AM and then around early afternoon or evening; I prefer this much better than pre-bed as I can enjoy the effects while I'm still awake and the calmness carries over into falling asleep.

Overall, the mood aspects of this product are great. I was not expecting the calmness I have experienced and look forward to running through the bottle.

I wonder if a higher dose (2 caps) or an extra cap spread out throughout the day would be even better?

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Awesome thoughts so far, man! Glad to see you are enjoying it :)

I can't recommend anything beyond the label directions as far as dosing, but you are free to experiment ;)

Thanks so much for sharing your experiences with this great product!

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just wanted to report back here with some of my progress.

The calmness that I get from this supplement is mild, but very noticeable. I really enjoy this aspect. As far as the stim tolerance reduction, what I have noticed is that stimulants aren't necessarily more effective (as in I need less to achieve the same effect); however, at the same stimulant dosage, I achieve the same focus without feeling a bit cracked out. It's sort of a calmer, "in the zone" focus and I'm not even dosing the stims near the adrenosurge. At the same time, I have decreased my total daily caffeine intake and have not felt any negatives in cognition or alertness (if anything I am more calm and alert).

I have also been noticing a small reduction in soreness from the previous days session upon my AM dose. Now, this may be coincidental, because just walking around and getting blood flow to the area after sleeping for hours may also ameliorate the DOMS. I have been dosing this in the AM and then around early afternoon or evening; I prefer this much better than pre-bed as I can enjoy the effects while I'm still awake and the calmness carries over into falling asleep.

Overall, the mood aspects of this product are great. I was not expecting the calmness I have experienced and look forward to running through the bottle.

I wonder if a higher dose (2 caps) or an extra cap spread out throughout the day would be even better?
Great feedback, thanks for posting your experience!

dbenj7

Awards
I have just got back from a holiday in Thailand and had a bottle of this awaiting me on my return. Need something to help my body recover from the abuse it has suffered the past 2 weeks lol. I tried a pre bed dosage and interfered with my sleep and gave me crazy dreams. I'm gonna stick to 1 mid morning and 1 early evening. So far nothing huge noticeable, however I do notice the calmness that others have mentioned

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I have just got back from a holiday in Thailand and had a bottle of this awaiting me on my return. Need something to help my body recover from the abuse it has suffered the past 2 weeks lol. I tried a pre bed dosage and interfered with my sleep and gave me crazy dreams. I'm gonna stick to 1 mid morning and 1 early evening. So far nothing huge noticeable, however I do notice the calmness that others have mentioned
tweak the dosing amount and times to suit your needs...a calming effect can be a good thing, imo...you just need to adjust the timing for when it is most beneficial.