Benadryl For Sleep

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
How much diphenhydramine do you guys take to fall asleep? 50mg didn't make me tired, I've read about people using 150mg or more to get high so I would like to avoid that, the stories I've read don't sound fun. Also is it safe to take it purely for sleep a few days a week?

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I would say as long as you arent taking it everyday you will be okay.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I get knocked out by 25 mg. I would not take it only for sleep purposes, even if it is only a few times a week. If that is the case, there is probably an underlying cause to the problem.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
have you tried G8 yet for sleep? its pretty good stuff. helps me sleep and I havnt slept normal in 15 yrs. normally get about 4 hrs. with g8 I get an easy 6-7 hrs!!

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
are you just having trouble sleeping? There are products that promote a deeper sleep but also help you with growth. Benadryl is a cheap and wouldn't hurt a few days. Also Look at sns growth factor if you want to an overall product that produces a deep sleep as well

http://www.strongsupplementshop.com/growth-factor-xt-by-sns

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would not go above 50mg...you must just be a non responder. 50mg knocks me out
25mg makes me groggy the next morning. I have to give it to my dog a lot of days for allergies and it knocks her out too :( I feel bad for her!

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I haven't tried any of the sleep aids mentioned, I just need something to get me to sleep earlier than I normally would for the two nights a week I have class the next day. I already have Benadryl and that's the only thing I haven't really tried for sleep that I already have.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Are you trying to do it so it is easier to wake up in the morning, or because you want X number of hours of sleep before waking up?

I can give you some tips on waking up early, regardless of when you go to bed, that I used to use when I was in school

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I rarely need to go over 25mg. If you're not seeing effects from 50mg there's something else going on I reckon.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Are you trying to do it so it is easier to wake up in the morning, or because you want X number of hours of sleep before waking up?

I can give you some tips on waking up early, regardless of when you go to bed, that I used to use when I was in school
I would like to hear your tips if you dont mind.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would like to hear your tips if you dont mind.
me too my dad said when he was a marine he kept a bottle of hot peppers by his bed and would eat one first thing to wake him up lol. I'll pass on that strategy.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
The main reason is so I can fall asleep earlier even if I'm not that tired, so I can get more sleep. But I would also be interested in help on waking up.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The main reason is so I can fall asleep earlier even if I'm not that tired, so I can get more sleep. But I would also be interested in help on waking up.
If you want to fall asleep earlier, try something like melatonin, I am against Benadryl unless allergies are keeping you up. Also, Benadryl might make you feel groggy when you wake up which can make it difficult to get out of bed. Personally, when my alarm goes off, I get right out of bed. The more I lay in bed, the harder it is to get out of bed.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I have tried Melatonin before, it worked the first couple times I took it a couple years ago and hasn't helped since. I have also tried 5htp and Valerian Root. I am currently taking Dopadex 500mg before bed for Prolactin. I may try Valerian Root an hour before bed, and 30 minutes before take 5htp, Melatonin, and the Dopadex. Come time for bed if that doesn't work and I'm still just completely wide awake I may try 75mg of Benadryl but I won't ever go over that much.

cotlet

Awards
5 htp + St. John wort + magnesium work for me
+ very good mood is a bonus

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For what it's worth, I found that my sleep was excellent when I ran AdrenoSurge. The Ashwagandha really helped me with a calm mood and reduced stress. EndoSurge Turbo also helps my sleep quite a bit.

I've never tried G8, but I have heard great things.

I liked Resurrect P.M. for that as well, but be careful about the Phenibut version.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I personally hate diphenhydramine the main ingredient in Benadryl. I do on the other had really like the effects of OCCASIONAL use of Unisom. I only get the Unisom with Doxylamine Succinate 25 mgNighttime Sleep-Aid. This is by far the best OTC med for my sleep. I use it maybe once or twice a month. For regular everyday use I always take 400-600mg magnesium and occasionally use and herb blend from Vshope called Snooze Right.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
You could be magnesium deficient...it can make a pretty big impact on your sleep patterns.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I got blood work done a couple weeks ago and it said everything was fine, they didn't check vitamin levels but basic chemistry and everything was good. I have been taking Orange Triad up until recently I ran out, but sleep was bad on it too. I'm not sure of the Magnesium in it though.

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
growth factor XT - SNS , only sleep product that worked for me

also g8 - my friend took it last night and said it was amazing

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jgntyce Anabolics 13
Joshlm69 Supplements 105
Tagger Supplements 14
Anabolics 2
Supplements 15