JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Chlorophytum Borivilianum

Despite this being a failrly old, well established & popular compound, recently there has been a few threads and questions popping up around its use. I suspect that it is because of the latest Analyzed Supplements release, ChloroTEST. We are used to seeing chlorophytum being used in formulas and not as a single compound. I think this is the reason for the recent questions and threads about it. Either way, here is a quick breakdown of some potential benefits over chlorophytum supplementation.

Sleep

18 healthy men & women with impaired sleep were given chlorophytum in combination with mucuna pruriens for 28 days. The Pittsburgh Sleep Quality Index (PSQI) was given pre and post intervention to asses sleep quality. There was an improvement seen in just about every category of the PSQI questionnaire, some as high as +50%.

Adaptogen

In the traditional Indian system of ayurvedic medicine, chlorophytum is most well known for its adaptogenic properties. The antistress activity of chlorophytum was assessed using a swim endurance stress, anorexic test in rats and despair swim test. The rats were given chlorophytum via Safed Musli for 21 days. The mice which were pretreated with the extract showed significant improvement in the swimming time and thereby showed the antistress activity.

GH

A combination of chlorophytum borivilianum and Velvet bean was given to 15 exercise-trained men. Supplement was given to them at pre, 20, 40, 60, 80, 100, and 120 minutes post ingestion. A high degree of variability between subjects was seen. When the data was pooled, the GH response over the two hour post ingestion period was significant.

Androgenic Activity

Rats were fed Safed Musli for 30 days and weight gain in the body and reproductive organs were measured along with sexual behavior and penile erection. The rats taking chlorophytum gained body weight along with weight of secondary sexual organs (testis, prostate, and seminal vesicles) were also increased. No significant change was observed in the untreated group. Unfortunately this study did not measure serum androgens but this weight change suggest androgenic activity.

Conclusion

While research is far from conclusive, in summary chlorophytum does appear to have the potential as a sleep aide, adaptogenic compound and improving GH levels and possibly androgenic activity. More human studies and better designed studies are still needed to confirm the potential properties, the anecdotal data combined with research so far does appear promising. For maximum benefits I would suggest stacking chlorophytum borivilianum & mucuna pruriens together.

Refrences

McCarthy CG, Alleman RJ, Bell ZW, Bloomer RJ. A dietary supplement containing chlorophytum borivilianum and velvet bean improves sleep quality in men and women. Integr Med Insights. 2012; 7:7-14. Epub 2012 Jun 19.

S.L. Deore, S.S. Khadabadi Screening of antistress properties of Chlorophytum borivilianum tuber Pharmacologyonline, 1 (2009), pp. 320–328

Alleman RJJ, Canale RE, McCarthy CG, Bloomer RJ. A blend of Chlorophytum borivilianum and Velvet bean increases serum growth hormone in exercise-trained men. Nutrition and Metabolic Insights. 2011;4:55–63

Thakur M, et al. A comparative study on aphrodisiac activity of some ayurvedic herbs in male albino rats. Arch Sex Behav. (2009)​

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great info!

So Chlorotest + DopaDex for the win, just like Danes was saying yesterday :).

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Gotta say, I love your posts. Always learning something new.

Maybe I missed it, but what kind of dosages were the subjects receiving? Are the recommended dosages for Chlorotest/Dopadex sufficient?

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Great write up. Good to see if the ingredient getting more recognition. ChloroTest + L-Dopa, or Growth Factor XT standalone (OptiDopa + Chlorophytum Borivilianum) look like great choices.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I really love SNS , Analyzed Supplements etc because they have supplements with just one ingredient in the product.
Why is it good?

Example;
Some products which contain LDopa have poor quality or to low dosage. Taking more caps would not be better because you get more of other stuff which is in the product which you maybe should not .

So thats i really prefer one ingredient supps :) as we all know, SNS and Analyzed supplements use the high quality raws

d1sc1ple

Awards
Just got my ChloroTest&Dopadex combo in! Gotta love Analyzed! I also ordered heavy on the Amentomax and Forskolin 95 bc why not lol.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just got my ChloroTest&Dopadex combo in! Gotta love Analyzed! I also ordered heavy on the Amentomax and Forskolin 95 bc why not lol.
4 great products!!

Let us know how you like the ChloroTest + DopaDex combo.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great write up. Good to see if the ingredient getting more recognition. ChloroTest + L-Dopa, or Growth Factor XT standalone (OptiDopa + Chlorophytum Borivilianum) look like great choices.
Growth Factor XT is an awesome product and I'm sure Analyzed provides a great product too!

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Why is Divanil not sold by AS?
I am a fan of the ingredient in general, I am just not a fan of some the suppliers and the quality that is out there. We are looking into extracts that we feel are best though

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am a fan of the ingredient in general, I am just not a fan of some the suppliers and the quality that is out there. We are looking into extracts that we feel are best though
Totaly agree with you. Quality divanil is a good stuff at the right dosage

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That combo will make you sleep like you are in kindergarten again
Exactly what I need. I don't always get a ton of sleep, so increasing the quality of the sleep I do get is a big help. I'll be giving the combo a run soon.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This. Back when everyone was touting their 95% Divinil it had come to light there was no testing standard for Divinil so everyone was getting different quality of product regardless of what was on the label. Was best not to sell something we couldn't prove tested out up to our standards.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
This. Back when everyone was touting their 95% Divinil it had come to light there was no testing standard for Divinil so everyone was getting different quality of product regardless of what was on the label. Was best not to sell something we couldn't prove tested out up to our standards.
the quality of divaniil has gone continuously down in the last 5-10 years, imo. if it were still as good as in the past i feel it would be much more popular. but this is true of many ingredients since the chinese cornered the market on raws, again just my opinion.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
the quality of divaniil has gone continuously down in the last 5-10 years, imo. if it were still as good as in the past i feel it would be much more popular. but this is true of many ingredients since the chinese cornered the market on raws, again just my opinion.
You are totaly right!
its really shame because many ingredients gets bad rep due to horrible quality nowadays..

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You are totaly right!
its really shame because many ingredients gets bad rep due to horrible quality nowadays..
This for sure. Analyzed Supplements will take care of everyone though :)

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Interested to see what you guys find.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Keep us updated.
I'm finishing up my bottle of pfull then need to take a break from dopa... However I will run out of pfull before the end of nov and be able to use the stack for 2-3 nights before my 4 weeks off. Ill be sure to post an update

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm finishing up my bottle of pfull then need to take a break from dopa... However I will run out of pfull before the end of nov and be able to use the stack for 2-3 nights before my 4 weeks off. Ill be sure to post an update
Sounds good!

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Just ordered 2 bottles of ChloroTest and one T-Alatus...w00t.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice! Look forward to hearing what you think.
If the results are anything like mine. Then the first weeks after it kicks in your wife loves it, then begins to hate you for fear of breaking her lady bits.

The strength increase is nice too. :D

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
If the results are anything like mine. Then the first weeks after it kicks in your wife loves it, then begins to hate you for fear of breaking her lady bits.

Haha
Are you using CholoTest at the recommended dosage on the bottle? Or one of the other things with it in it?

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Sounds fantastic. :)

I'm starting the ChloroTest + DopaDex combo tonight.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I took 1 ChloroTest and 2 DopaDex last night (2 hours after last meal/~30 mins before bed) and the difference in my quality of sleep was quite obvious. I'd been having a horrible time getting out of bed lately, and this morning was the first time in over a month that I woke up feeling refreshed (on 5.5 hours sleep), as opposed to feeling awful and immediately hitting the snooze button. Another thing I noticed was that I didn't wake up to use the bathroom (and I didn't wet the bed either :)), sleeping uninterrupted until my alarm, which is on par with my past use of these ingredients.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Growth Factor XT is on sale for 28.99 right now. Heck of a price and more goodies beyond just the chlorophytum.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I took 1 ChloroTest and 2 DopaDex last night (2 hours after last meal/~30 mins before bed) and the difference in my quality of sleep was quite obvious. I'd been having a horrible time getting out of bed lately, and this morning was the first time in over a month that I woke up feeling refreshed (on 5.5 hours sleep), as opposed to feeling awful and immediately hitting the snooze button. Another thing I noticed was that I didn't wake up to use the bathroom (and I didn't wet the bed either :)), sleeping uninterrupted until my alarm, which is on par with my past use of these ingredients.
Why only 1 chloro?

I was thinking 2 chloro+2 dopa at bed since I am
Used to 2 caps powerfull. Does this seem like an accurate equation?

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Why only 1 chloro?

I was thinking 2 chloro+2 dopa at bed since I am
Used to 2 caps powerfull. Does this seem like an accurate equation?
I was considering AM/PM dosing with Chloro, but will probably start dosing PM only.

I don't know how the PF blend breaks down, but that doesn't sound too far off.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was considering AM/PM dosing with Chloro, but will probably start dosing PM only.

I don't know how the PF blend breaks down, but that doesn't sound too far off.
Just posted feedback in another thread. Two caps each was great!

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How long can one use Mucuna Puriens/L-Dopa for before they should cycle off? Same for Chloro? Are both the standard 8 weeks on/4 off?

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How long can one use Mucuna Puriens/L-Dopa for before they should cycle off? Same for Chloro? Are both the standard 8 weeks on/4 off?
8-12 on / 4 off is a safe measure.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yep. 8 weeks on followed by 4 weeks off.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yep. 8 weeks on followed by 4 weeks off.
anything you could add if you wanted to run longer or take less time off?

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What would you be using Chlorotest for? The sleep benefits or?

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If wanting to run longer, id suggest cycling 5 days on/2 off but that's just me

I've run powerfull (same ingredients as dopa and chlorotest when combined) for 12 weeks with 4 off. Or 10 weeks with 2 off then repeat. I've had no ill effects or diminished effects in doing so..

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
If wanting to run longer, id suggest cycling 5 days on/2 off but that's just me

I've run powerfull (same ingredients as dopa and chlorotest when combined) for 12 weeks with 4 off. Or 10 weeks with 2 off then repeat. I've had no ill effects or diminished effects in doing so..
yeah so have i, but i thought i remember someone posting about an ingredient that would help with possible sides of long-term use?

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yeah so have i, but i thought i remember someone posting about an ingredient that would help with possible sides of long-term use?
You are probably thinking of 5-HTP (precursor to serotonin). Some use it when supplementing with l-dopa for extended periods of time, as serotonin levels can decrease. That being said, I'd recommend sticking to the label recommendations.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
You are probably thinking of 5-HTP (precursor to serotonin). Some use it when supplementing with l-dopa for extended periods of time, as serotonin levels can decrease. That being said, I'd recommend sticking to the label recommendations.
of course, i always stick to label recommendations:laugh:

thanks!!!

sprintsss

Banned
Awards
I took Chlorotest before bed
The first time last night
And the dreams were so vivid
I jumped off the bed trying push my girlfriend
who was sleeping next to me off the bed
Before my fat cousin sat on her by mistake

My girlfriend was terrified
She woke up freaking the **** out
And I was in a dazed confused state
Trying recollect my thoughts as she
Asking me 21 questions

**** never happened to me before

None the less for my realtionships sake
Ima take chorlotest away from bedtime haha

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I took Chlorotest before bed
The first time last night
And the dreams were so vivid
I jumped off the bed trying push my girlfriend
who was sleeping next to me off the bed
Before my fat cousin sat on her by mistake

My girlfriend was terrified
She woke up freaking the **** out
And I was in a dazed confused state
Trying recollect my thoughts as she
Asking me 21 questions

**** never happened to me before

None the less for my realtionships sake
Ima take chorlotest away from bedtime haha
I believe it is time to put that bottle up for auction.