For those of you that like Quest Bars...

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Be on the lookout on Friday. They are taking pre orders for their new protein powder. I cannot wait to see the formula, macros, and price!

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Weird, Totally missed that announcement...

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
image-1862125260.jpg

Because I am me I will be trying a few,
Wondering if it is a strait whey or a blend.

Regardless I expect the flavouring will be on point

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
I can't wait to see the label and price point.

cubs1987

cubs1987

Awards
  • Established
damn wish they were larger tubs... looks like they're going for the baking segment

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Well its 23g protein, And if I am seeing it right it is 50/40/10 Meaning not lean, unless they worked more Quest-style magic with fibre

Also the 5th is titled multi-purpose?
Pictures of baked goods,
Thinking it is more of a baking mix than a protein

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Blend + taste like the bars + good price = my go to.

money0351

money0351

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well its 23g protein, And if I am seeing it right it is 50/40/10 Meaning not lean, unless they worked more Quest-style magic with fibre Also the 5th is titled multi-purpose? Pictures of baked goods, Thinking it is more of a baking mix than a protein
or an unflavored protein is my guess

kBrown

kBrown

Awards
  • Established
Going to be so expensive

Reactions: mw1
Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
Let's see those carbs first.

Since the trial, I've stopped eating them. Plus, Idk if the majority of diabetic americans are just hypochondriacs but the sheer amount of user reports in which quest bars have screwed with people's glucose levels (majority of them diabetics) has left somewhat of a bitter taste in my mouth.

Then again, after thinking about it, with the protein content, it could just be the leucine spiking their insulin levels.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Going to be so expensive
agreed. People will probably buy for "name" but I doubt price per serving will be worth it. I hope I'm wrong but I don't think so.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
will not buy lol
Yeah quest found a niche with protein bars. I honestly had never had a good tasting protein bar before quest. However, there are tons of good tasting proteins already on the market at competitive prices.

bobby1k2001

Awards
Want to see the profile and price before get exited

Nyrin

Awards
Let's see those carbs first.

Since the trial, I've stopped eating them. Plus, Idk if the majority of diabetic americans are just hypochondriacs but the sheer amount of user reports in which quest bars have screwed with people's glucose levels (majority of them diabetics) has left somewhat of a bitter taste in my mouth.

Then again, after thinking about it, with the protein content, it could just be the leucine spiking their insulin levels.
What trial? All I saw was a spurious lawsuit levied by a dumbass plaintiff using a standard carbohydrate assay on a digestion-resistant food.

The concept of "net carbs" is very bogus, but that's hardly unique to Quest. To pretend that every kind of fiber or polyol "doesn't count" as a carb is ludicrous, given that they all digest differently. As it is, IMO clocks in at roughly ~2 kCal/g, and so one should expect roughly the same impact as half the amount of "normal carbs." This has been anecdotally confirmed by diabetics checking their levels.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Depends on the reason you are looking at it really

As a diabetic it would be fine to assume those net carbs, and a Quest bar is going to digest pretty slowly regardless.

Yes those polyols have cals but not the ill-effects on insulin/blood sugar

The overall caloric amount is correct and is what we should be most concerned with anyways. A bodybuilder carb-counting or trying to go keto is another story, they may be better off counting as 2=1 carb (assuming the 2 cal statement is approximate)

All I know 100% is I love the taste and have dieted down just fine while having 1-2 daily in the past.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I remember when the whole selling point was that their was no added sugar alcohols. Now that they are more popular I guess that doesn't matter much anymore to them. I'll admit they taste good but it seems as the popularity of quest increased, the quality of the company decreased.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I remember when the whole selling point was that their was no added sugar alcohols. Now that they are more popular I guess that doesn't matter much anymore to them. I'll admit they taste good but it seems as the popularity of quest increased, the quality of the company decreased.
They still have the natural line, which has 2 of my top 3 in it

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I also want to see the price and the profile before getting excited. They are confirmed to be 2 lb tubs. I thought they would be 1 lb.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Quest can go $crew themselves, they damn took over the protein bars section at the three letter brick and mortar. No bueno because them MetRX 100s are now hard to come by at those stores and no, I don't wish to order online for something that ends up costing the same as if I was to buy them at the 3 letter brick and mortar except online I have to pay shipping.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Quest can go $crew themselves, they damn took over the protein bars section at the three letter brick and mortar. No bueno because them MetRX 100s are now hard to come by at those stores and no, I don't wish to order online for something that ends up costing the same as if I was to buy them at the 3 letter brick and mortar except online I have to pay shipping.
Not a quest bar fan? ;)

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
They have the MetRX 100s at Wally World.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
There's just no pleasing you...but yeah, I'd rather chew my arm off than go into wally world. lol

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There's just no pleasing you...but yeah, I'd rather chew my arm off than go into wally world. lol
Please don't tell me that the place exists outside of National Lampoons Vacation.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Please don't tell me that the place exists outside of National Lampoons Vacation.
I always park in the space furthest away then do a slo mo run to the entrance while chariots of fire plays...people look at me kinda weird but #worthit

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Pretty costly... I wonder if they plan on changing that. Their bars are competitively priced.

Im sure samples will start turning up thrown in w orders, interested in the feedback.

bananaClip

bananaClip

Awards
  • Established
interesting, good business move i suppose.
love their protein bars and would definitely try a flavor or 2 of the powder but i already know i wont be a repeat customer.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Still no posting of protein

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Very lean, a good option if the price is right.

Was expecting more innovation, based on ingredients this will be very generic flavouring but I will give it a go

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dried strawberries even in the strawberry, fancy...what's the preorder price?

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
What do you mean by innovation?. You mean more crap added to the ingredients?.
Lol yes

I was expecting a Quest-style added fibre or thickener that would make the protein stand out from others.

Not saying that would have been good or bad but they are selling this protein on their brand power instead of the uniqueness initially boasted by Quest bars that made them big to begin with

If you know what I mean.

A good lean protein powder regardless, just comes down to price now

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looks like a great blend to me. I'd drink it.
drink vs buy is another story :) I agree it looks good but price point is going to be deciding factor for most. Including myself.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Probably try to make some ice cream with it for flavor variety. Been loving select but need more flavors!

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Presale price of $39 on their website...lol, wut?

johnnyp

johnnyp

Awards
  • Established
Presale price of $39 on their website...lol, wut?
Maybe their target audience isn't you avid bodybuilder/weight lifter but more of those interested in weight loss who might not use as much or just don't know any better.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Lol yeah I was set on at least trying it but no thanks

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's just the retail price though. It's always more expensive to purchase directly. Hopefully other retailers/etailers will pick it up and have it discounted.